Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210765 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #350 on: 2014-08-19 03:39:21 »
This shouldn't be an issue unless the black is actually apart of the model. Though its not a bad idea changing that. Certainly cant hurt, just make sure the actual textured parts dont get brightned too. Let's try changing the black first, if it's still transparent I'll swap the texture slots around.

Check the tattoos too, there seems to be some transparency around them in the game.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 03:41:05 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2014-08-19 03:44:09 »
What I'm saying is that if the textures are off then the true black areas would show up on the body parts and therefore be transparent. I'm going to change the true black to 1,1,1. When we import it, if I'm right the transparent areas will become 1,1,1. That will tell us it is a texture error.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2014-08-19 03:44:50 »
Meaning they are applying incorrectly.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2014-08-19 03:50:36 »
What if we consolidate the textures. There's two textures that show every piece of the character. But not every piece is used. What if we delete the pieces that aren't being used. I think that textures might be trying to overlap.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2014-08-19 03:59:12 »
I don't think that's it. Each part has it's uv mapping, and an assigned texture slot. Unless the part is edited to use more than one texture it'll only use the assigned slot. So I don't think they're overlapping.

The brightening the black sounds like a good idea. It didn't seem like there was much black actually applied to the model, but it's certainly worth a try. If the parts show up as 1,1,1 than you maybe right about the textures overlapping. Though Im not sure how that would happen.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 04:01:34 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2014-08-19 05:17:38 »
OK. I changed all of the tru blacks to 1,1,1 and now nothing is transparent. Yay. One step at a time. I updated the Beta file.
The head torso chest and calf are the parts with issues. I'm exhausted and headed to bed, but let me know if you get a chance tomorrow CMH to look into reassigning the texture slots. It seems those parts are trying also to use the textures that are duplicated in the texture 3 slot. Maybe because they are so similar or maybe I assigned them to the wrong slot id. If you don't get a chance cmh, I'll look into it but wont be till late tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 05:24:11 by WolfMan »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2014-08-19 05:48:46 »
Please don't tell me we will have to reimport the parts and re do the animations. I might cry

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2014-08-19 05:57:36 »
Please use the modify button to edit your last post instead of making a new one. I'll look in to this and will see if it's an ID issue.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2014-08-19 06:26:43 »
Thank you kaldarasha. And I will start modifying posts instead of bulk posting.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2014-08-19 06:57:28 »
So what have we learned today:
The head uses always the texture ID 0.
The Body use the ID 0 or 1.
The rest seems to use what ever it is set at.

https://mega.co.nz/#!KY0SnIBI!KjaqeT2zlyXWyaNQZhuV2PA4raBYvChDG4ER9-5aRrM

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2014-08-19 09:48:35 »
Did you use the battle animations i gave you?

Someone tested it when i released it and said its worked right? I couldnt test it myself, since i dont have the PC version installed, but from what i see the animations script are exactly the same that the PSX version, but when i look at the problem ( magic animation not working etc) it must come from THIS file, thats strange

EDIT: ok good news, the sjab i uploaded was the wrong one ( the test version), i upload the good one, tested on my PSX and works, but the file size is altered, i hope it wont cause any troubles.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3764ja337rrd7gy/red.rar

This version is ready to be played, every limits breaks works ( they are based on beast flare timing so all you have to do is give to red 13 beast flare limits break) the fix on magic casting is fixed too, if its still not works with this, then i think the problem dont come from sjab
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 09:59:44 by Jeet »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2014-08-19 15:04:09 »
Kaldarasha: so did you switch around the textures? If so thank you so much. If not thank you so much for the info and I will work on it tonight.

Jeet: awesome! So will I only have to replace the sjab? Will we lose the imported parts and textures? I did make some alterations to the axis rotations for the animations but that was easy and I can do it again no problem. I just hope we don't have to reimport him. Thank you for this.

This community is just flat out awesome.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2014-08-19 15:21:49 »
Kaldarasha: so did you switch around the textures? If so thank you so much. If not thank you so much for the info and I will work on it tonight.

Jeet: awesome! So will I only have to replace the sjab? Will we lose the imported parts and textures? I did make some alterations to the axis rotations for the animations but that was easy and I can do it again no problem. I just hope we don't have to reimport him. Thank you for this.

This community is just flat out awesome.

If you check the texture slots you'll be able to tell right away if they're different. Otherwise I can help with this later. The sjab file wont effect the model itself or the animations you did. Just rename it to rwab and it's good to go.

Never mind, I couldn't get Kaldarasha's mega link to work, and either way it wouldn't have the new shaded model I did that's not as dark. When I first swapped the textures before changing the slots for each piece it did actually look like the model in the game, so this probably is the fix. I also added the new rwab file. I sent it to Wolfman so he can add the updated textures that have dark grey instead of black to help with the transparency, and then it should be good to go.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 15:47:11 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2014-08-19 15:36:31 »
Ok cmh. Now what I will have to do with the textures is open the part.3ds in pcreator. Change the texture slot. Save the part.p. then will we have to reimport that part to use a different texture slot?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2014-08-19 15:47:41 »
Ok cmh. Now what I will have to do with the textures is open the part.3ds in pcreator. Change the texture slot. Save the part.p. then will we have to reimport that part to use a different texture slot?

lol don't worry, already done. Check your inbox in a sec.

For reference though, I just changed the names of rwac though rwaf so they were in the correct order, and changed the texture slot assigned to each piece in kimera. Just open the p editor window, find the groups menu and click on the group listed there and hit group properties. You can change the texture slot at the bottom of the new window. 
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19 15:58:40 by cmh175 »

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2014-08-19 16:24:26 »
Hi wolfman....i actually use ff7 pc. I wouldnt know where to start modding the psx version lol.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2014-08-19 17:07:30 »
Thanks everyone

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2014-08-19 23:15:55 »
Ok, so the head and chest are fixed but now the rest of the pieces are messed up. Nothing is transparent anymore, but for some reason the game is mixing up the texture slots for this model. It's weird, you can use up to ten textures for a single battle model but this particular one cant. I know how to fix it, it'll just be annoying and time consuming.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2014-08-19 23:28:47 »
So we're going to have to combine the textures that are actually used all into one are we. DAMN!!! This is so goofy

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2014-08-20 00:24:44 »
download it from the link I had posted...

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2014-08-20 01:54:43 »
Did you test it in game Kal?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2014-08-20 02:04:31 »
Yes I have tested him, otherwise I couldn't check if my ID theory was right. You don't need pCreator. You can do everything in Kimera. You can change the load order of the textures in texture option of the main window and the used texture ID for a part can be changed in the editor window under set group properties.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2014-08-20 02:05:44 »
I just tested it in game and it was perfect. Thanks Kal. I am just absolutely amazed. I don't know what you did but you saved me a weeks worth of work

I'm going to put the new rwab file in and test it out. I'll try to record a video of the new finished battle model. Super stoked.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2014-08-20 02:22:56 by WolfMan »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2014-08-20 03:20:05 »
This is curious. That's exactly what I did. Reordered them head first, chest second, and the others afterwards. That's so weird.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2014-08-20 05:03:05 »
I updated the Beta.

I also put a video on YouTube lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvPfO2M5DIE&sns=em

Some animations still need a little work and for some reason when he cast magic there's no green fire around him.