Author Topic: Using New threat, but non-cloud player models are not loading  (Read 3406 times)

quantumsource

• View Profile
I followed the instruction in tutorial pretty well (minus the alphabetical part after the required order) and when I am playing new threat only cloud has his updated field model, but barret looks still huge and clunky original as well as aerith and I assume the rest of the player models, however the npcs (jess etc)look fine.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
I followed the instruction in tutorial pretty well (minus the alphabetical part after the required order) and when I am playing new threat only cloud has his updated field model, but barret looks still huge and clunky original as well as aerith and I assume the rest of the player models, however the npcs (jess etc)look fine.

New threat MOD has some mods built into it already so even if you select some models they will not work because of how New Threat is set out.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
The only models included for NT are the battle models. This is probably just a case of load order since they said everything after the required aren't alphabetical. I'm sure I've missed a load order problem in my testing and that's what they've discovered here.

Try loading in the suggested alphabetical order and report back the results.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
The only models included for NT are the battle models. This is probably just a case of load order since they said everything after the required aren't alphabetical. I'm sure I've missed a load order problem in my testing and that's what they've discovered here.

Try loading in the suggested alphabetical order and report back the results.
New Threat has custom field models, they are chibi and close to the original but slightly different. For example the mouths are gone, the hands look a bit better, cloud is wearing a velvet color shirt,etc. SegaChief said he borrowed and edited them back when kaldarasha was updating the chibi models but then decided to go for a more realistic approach. The battle models are the same as far as I am aware.

Essentially if you want new field models put them above new threat in your load order, battle models shouldn't matter except for enemies, since your parties are the same.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
That's correct, but I didn't include any of the NT field models with this Catalog. If it were the case, placing the Field Models - Main Characters above Gameplay - Difficulty and Story would fix it, which is already suggested for the load order in the written tutorial.

There should be some battle models parted together from original game assets to form new enemies. They use new file names from the original, so none should interact with the Battle Models - Enemies category no matter the load order.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
New Threat has custom field models, they are chibi and close to the original but slightly different. For example the mouths are gone, the hands look a bit better, cloud is wearing a velvet color shirt,etc. SegaChief said he borrowed and edited them back when kaldarasha was updating the chibi models but then decided to go for a more realistic approach. The battle models are the same as far as I am aware.

Essentially if you want new field models put them above new threat in your load order, battle models shouldn't matter except for enemies, since your parties are the same.

A velvet shirt? It's just a darker SOLDIER uniform D: