Author Topic: October 23rd 2009 Casting Call - ends tonight at 5PM EST  (Read 21253 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Hey all

If you've been following our progress, you've noticed there hasn't been much.

Unfortunately, that's because of a slew of reasons, one of them being that some voice actors have lost interest.

As such, we're giving this project a big push and opening a casting call for a bunch of major roles, the most notable being Cloud!

We'll be careful to avoid some of the pitfalls we've encountered in the past and we're going to be changing the way we do things to try and get this done ASAP.

First of all, we're going to switch from a scene based format to individual roles.  That means everyone will be responsible for their own success or failure.  The roles will also be more intensive in order for us to finish and to minimize the number of dropouts.  So we'll be asking chosen voice actors to record 50 lines a week, 5 voice actors at a time (for a total of 250 lines per week).  That's quite a lot but that means that people voicing roles will be finished with their roles in a matter of weeks instead of in a year.  That way, if people only have to record lines for a month or so, there's less chance of them dropping out.

That sound much worse than it is for most characters involved however as you'll be receiving the whole game script when you're cast and NPC's and EXTRAS won't be up until 2-3 months so NPC's will effectively have 2-3 months to record between 50 to a 100 lines.

We'll ask people to record the set of lines we've chosen and mail them to [email protected].

You can view more details at : http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=16640&page=1.

Available roles are :

MAJOR ROLES
Cloud

IMPORTANT NPC
Lucrecia - Long lost love of a party member - sad - mid 30's
Zack - War Buddy of hero - early 20's - country folk
Bugenhagen - wise and old, 140 years old
Shera - "girlfriend" of a party member, takes his abuse, feels ashamed, smart - late 30's
Palmer - Shinra Executive, fat and goofy - early 70's
Godo - once proud man, now broken - father of party member - deep voiced - early 50's

MINOR NPC
Kotch - henchman, 30's
Johnny - shy man, 20's
Zangan - martial arts master, 60's
Tifa's Father - man, 40's
Priscilla - carefree young girl
Priscilla's Father - worried man, 40's
Cloud's mom - vibrant woman, 40's
choco bill - old man, 70's, country folk
choco billy - young boy, somewhat of hustler, country folk
Chole - young girl, country folk
Mukki - bodybuilder with strong gay innuendos, 40's
Ester - strong woman. country folk, 50's
Mr Coates - black man, 30's
Joe - man, country folk, 40's
Holzoff - man, 70's
Gorkii - man, 30's
Shake - kid
Chekhov - woman, 30's
Staniv - weapon master

We'll also be looking for many EXTRAS. Here's a quick sample of some of them (many are missing). Don't apply just for one extra. We'll ask VA's to do many of them.

EXTRAS
Fort Condor Guard
Father at fort condor (old man)
Son at fort condor (lookout)
Lower Junon innkeeper (old woman)
Shinra Manager (in train)
Guidebook Old geezer
Kalm Hotel Clerk (male)
Son of general store owner in nibel (long letter)
Nibel Inn Clerk (male)
Junon TV Producer (shinra parade)
Junon Assistant Director (shinra parade)
Costa Del Sol Hotel Manager
Sinra Villa Realtor (male - sleezy)
Hojo's beach bimbo
Old Man in Corel Mountain Path
Corel Village Elder
Gold Saucer Gondola Ticket lady
Assaulted lady at battle arena
Gold Saucer Guard
Sailor (male)
Chocobo (wark!)
10-15 Shinra Soldiers & Officers
General citizens (10 males, 5-6 females)

People who want only to voice extras are welcome but we'll ask you to voice more than one. Backups actors will also voice alot of these as well as Minor NPC. There might be Minor NPC missing in the list above although we've tried to be as thorough as possible. Missing roles will be voiced by the VA's already in the project.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2009-11-06 16:58:47 by Marc »

death_gigas

• View Profile
Re: October 23rd 2009 Casting Call
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-24 00:55:01 »
how long it will takes..,,?....,, it will be finished as soon as the year ends?....

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-24 14:37:14 »
I estimate about 6 months for the whole project if everything goes smoothly.

Individual recordings will take anywhere from 1 week to 5-6 weeks (except Cloud which might be 5-6 months).

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-24 17:27:47 »
I'm going to record and send in auditions later tonight after I've installed Windows 7 and my house has quieted down (loud kids around, so I can't get decent recordings during the day). I'm mostly going to be auditioning for backups, as I can do a great impersonation of Quinton Flynn for Reno, and a pretty good Barret, but I'm willing to dedicate enough time to even do Cloud if I'm any good.

I didn't see any lines for the minor NPCs, extras, and backups, on that page. What do you want us to do for those?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-24 20:17:37 »
Since the amount of characters involved is fairly high, I didn't post lines specific to minor npcs, extras or backup.  In the script excerpt I've put up however are quite a few lines for various extras, most party members and most minor npc.  I suggest you use those.

If you want to try out for someone who doesn't have any line, jus let me know and I'll post some specific to that character.

As for Cloud, its all about having the right voice, dedication and acting skills. If you think you have those then you're more than welcome to do an audition!

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-25 00:56:16 »
so it will take another year to be finished ?,, i red your  voice forum last year and it says it can be  finished as the year ends (2009) ,,,,, it's so long ,,,, by the way,, the problem exists,, so  hope u can finish it soon,,, we were waiting for the updates....

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-25 04:36:08 »
if we are doing a recast, its because things obviously didn't go as expected.

As for deadlines, I'm hoping it could be done in 6 months.  It might also take longer.  As mentionned, this is a massive project and things don't always go as planned.

Also, please keep this thread for the audition process.

Should you have any questions, please post them in another thread or start your own.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-26 14:44:30 »
If I get time I'd like to try out for Rufus.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-26 16:36:29 »
Hey NFITC1

Unfortunately, seems the actor voicing rufus (ice_cold53) had some email issues and didn't get my emails asking him he was still in.  He's since contacted me through PM last night.

Since he's shown an interest in the project still and he was the previous voice actor, the role of rufus is no longer available.

Sorry!

You're more than welcome to try out for any other role however.

As stated, we welcome people who'd like to voice more than one role if you can make your voice different enough.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-26 21:38:20 by Marc »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-29 20:19:04 »
i can would love to do some of the v.acting, just let me know idk i could do some extras or what ever part.
pm me or email me let me know

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-10-29 23:53:42 »
i can would love to do some of the v.acting, just let me know idk i could do some extras or what ever part.
pm me or email me let me know

submit a demo for a character above you have an interest in and we'll review.  we'll find a place for all interested and committed.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-11-01 00:17:16 »
I applaud this project's persistence in seeing things through to the end. Good luck with finding your voice actors.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-11-02 16:29:13 »
I applaud this project's persistence in seeing things through to the end. Good luck with finding your voice actors.

This WILL see the light of day.  The script was way too long to dump in its entirety for it to be otherwise!

----

On a more serious note however, we've received our first official auditions.

One Cloud and one Zack have stepped forward and provided us with quality auditions with more potential VA's committed to audition before Friday.

Only 5 days left!  Don't be shy to send something in if you're interested.  We'll find you a spot.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-11-03 07:49:39 »
I tried out for Cloud/Sephiroth in the first casting call. I would go for it again but I don't think I have the time with school and everything  :cry:  If you're ever in need of another extra or maybe some npc role. PM me and I'll see if I can help you out  :-D

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-11-03 15:22:03 »
I tried out for Cloud/Sephiroth in the first casting call. I would go for it again but I don't think I have the time with school and everything  :cry:  If you're ever in need of another extra or maybe some npc role. PM me and I'll see if I can help you out  :-D

As mentionned above, we're always in need of EXTRAS and Minor NPC.

At this point nobody has come forward on :

Individual Roles : Lucrecia, Bugenhagen, Shera, Palmer, Godo, Zangan,

Multiple Roles :Tifa's Father, Priscilla, Priscilla's Father, Cloud's mom, choco bill, choco billy, Chole, Mukki, Ester, Mr Coates, Joe, Holzoff, Gorkii, Shake, Chekhov, Staniv + EXTRAS

As you can see, still lots of room for people to try out.

We can always fill most of these roles with the existing cast and the ones who already applied for an audition but we'd much rather have diversity.

V95

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-11-04 04:39:20 »
Wow, good to see some progresses. I've been following this project for quite some time.

Although it's a bit slow, but I can see you guys putting in alot of efforts ya.

Don't worry, take your time! All the best and good luck!

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: 2009-11-04 14:10:59 »
I would be available for voicing if needs be. I'm not sure, however, that you'd want me.

You can hear my voice on the spoken article for Begotten on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten). It's up to you to decide if that would be suitable, though I could well attempt a variety of voices.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-11-04 21:39:02 »
v95 : thanks.  appreciate it.

bosola : AWESOME voice.  We'll try and find you a spot.  Send me a mail with your contact info.  And could you try and do the voice of an old man ?  If you can, you could make bugenhagen sound very wise.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 2009-11-05 03:01:02 »
I'd be glad to help. See my IM for contact details.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-11-05 20:32:53 »
When the auditions are done and voices picked can the selected auditions be posted so we can hear some kind of sample?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-11-05 20:43:45 »
i'll see what we can do.

it won't be the whole cast though, only the auditionned.

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
« Reply #21 on: 2009-11-05 22:02:05 »
Is this a mainly US based project?

My wife and I both thought we'd enjoy this, but weren't sure whether you'd be looking for a posh female English accent or a Northern English male accent.

I do have a full studio though (cubase based) so the recording part wouldn't be a problem.

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-11-06 02:56:45 »
this is not a us only project.  we do in fact have many actors from the uk.

do send something in if you're interested.

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
Re: October 23rd 2009 Casting Call - ends tonight at 5PM EST
« Reply #23 on: 2009-11-06 21:57:25 »
Sorry, marc. I didn't get your PM until after the deadline.
My wife adn I will record something after I close up the bar tonight and send it over, incase you have anyone drop out etc.

all the best

Paul

Marc

• View Profile
Re: October 23rd 2009 Casting Call - ends tonight at 5PM EST
« Reply #24 on: 2009-11-06 22:34:58 »
No problem.

I sent you a reply just now.

To all others : Not all roles were applied for anyway so if anybody has anybody specific you'd like to voice, you can try and submit something in to the e-mail above.  Priority will go to those who have auditioned however.