Author Topic: Field animation mod not working (potential solution)  (Read 1712 times)

og_moogle

• View Profile
I could not get the animations mod in 7th heaven to work (it's at the top of the load order, and direct mode is on in the ff7_opengl.cfg file). I went down my list of mods, deactivating them one by one to see if anything made a difference. For whatever reason when I deactivated the "Field Models - Non-Player Characters" mod the field animations worked. I don't know enough about the mods to know if this conflict is inherent or if it has yet to be recognized, but I figured I'd throw my two cents out there in case anyone else was having this issue and can replicate it.

The downside to this is that you can't use the bloodshot + Kaldarasha models with updated animations alongside non-chibi NPCs which kind of defeats the purpose. If I get lucky, and find a solution I'll edit this comment.

Edit: After messing around with the configuration of the "Field Models - Non-Player Characters" mod I noticed that my "Base" was set to the Kaldarasha models, and so was Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge. I set Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge to "No Change", but kept the base as Kaldarasha. Now the animations work alongside the non chibi-npc models (including Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge).

« Last Edit: 2018-05-22 16:18:51 by og_moogle »

og_moogle

• View Profile
Re: Field animation mod not working (potential solution)
« Reply #1 on: 2018-05-22 15:07:48 »
Whoops, I didn't mean to put this here :-\. Can someone please move this to the 7thHeaven section please?

Done. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2018-05-22 17:38:18 by Covarr »