Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD release date and trailer  (Read 7408 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD release date and trailer
« on: 2014-09-18 12:23:07 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD release date and trailer
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-19 14:37:44 »
Since it's TGS... I guess.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-22 20:41:52 »

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-01-03 11:49:19 »
Just finished the PSP version. Can't believe this wasn't released over here. Hands down one of the top 3 best in the franchise to me.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-01-03 11:54:08 »
already pre-ordered the ps4 version. waiting for it :D

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-01-03 13:47:48 »
Just finished the PSP version. Can't believe this wasn't released over here. Hands down one of the top 3 best in the franchise to me.

Same! I just hope they have an option for Japanese voices. I'll buy it if so, else won't bother.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-01-03 18:48:37 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:29:30 by dkma841 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: 2015-01-03 23:29:09 »

Really Oo ... Souds impressing. I agree about the bad voice acting. It really drags down the experience. Even subs only would be better.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-01-04 00:05:08 »
I finished playing it weeks ago, I'm on my second playthrough. There's a New Game+ feature, along with things you can only do on the second playthrough (special missions that require you to have done the regular story mission first, as well as side high-level missions that are way too hard for the first playthrough), and there's a boss (8-Arms Gilgamesh) you can only fight on the third playthrough and up. There are items, spells and summons you get only the second time you do these in the story too. Also Agito Tower, which is hell of a dungeon. 6 floors with each 100 of a particular enemy. First floor is 100 Tonberries, at some point there are 100 Behemoths, and you end up fighting Space Malboro (apparently easy compared to the rest - I never made it past the first floor). Winning gets you a dark soul (Request item you need to give to someone to get I don't know what) and Proof of Agito, basically the best accessory in the game - and probably one of the most powerful accessories in the FF franchise. Overall a really good and enjoyable game, I would buy a PS4 just for that game if there's Japanese voice acting. I can't stand the English voices.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-01-04 00:34:49 »
I finished playing it weeks ago, I'm on my second playthrough. There's a New Game+ feature, along with things you can only do on the second playthrough (special missions that require you to have done the regular story mission first, as well as side high-level missions that are way too hard for the first playthrough), and there's a boss (8-Arms Gilgamesh) you can only fight on the third playthrough and up. There are items, spells and summons you get only the second time you do these in the story too. Also Agito Tower, which is hell of a dungeon. 6 floors with each 100 of a particular enemy. First floor is 100 Tonberries, at some point there are 100 Behemoths, and you end up fighting Space Malboro (apparently easy compared to the rest - I never made it past the first floor). Winning gets you a dark soul (Request item you need to give to someone to get I don't know what) and Proof of Agito, basically the best accessory in the game - and probably one of the most powerful accessories in the FF franchise. Overall a really good and enjoyable game, I would buy a PS4 just for that game if there's Japanese voice acting. I can't stand the English voices.
qft(!) Also hope they sync up the lip movement a bit, it seemed odd at times. After seeing (and hearing) the english trailer there HAS to be an language option because even in the trailer the voices already sucked compared to the japanese PSP voices. If they're even gonna do English voices because I think they see it a as a rebuild-for-next-gen and cash.

5) Will Type-0 HD's development delay Final Fantasy XV at all?

Tabata, who is both directing Type-0 and co-directing Final Fantasy XV, says no. XV, which was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII almost a decade ago, is their top priority.

"So I had personally, I do want to really kinda push the install-base for PS4 and Xbox One in Japan as well," Tabata said. "I believe that FFXV would play a big factor in that, so I'm prioritizing my time for the development of that, to make sure it releases as soon as possible. Currently for the other titles I'm directing, including Type-0, since we're not building the game ground up, the contents already exist. We're at the point where we're just fine-tuning and balancing the game. My personal time spent on the tuning and balance and whatnot is about 10-20% of my time.

"We have an amazing development team working on this project that I trust, and there are segments that I kinda leave it up to them to make the final calls on."
But that's just speculation.

Starting on new game+ now!