Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 (PC, japanese)- Where can I find it?  (Read 2853 times)

Dezorianguy

• View Profile
I tried the official japanese SquenixStore, but only inland credit cards are accepted.
Does anybody know how to get my FF7 PC version with japanese letters?

Thanks.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Final Fantasy 7 (PC, japanese)- Where can I find it?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-13 01:50:59 »
Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ファイナルファンタジー7-Windows/dp/B000I5HNZM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=final+fantasy+vii+pc&qid=1584063418&sr=8-1

eBay if that doesn’t work

Dezorianguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-13 14:32:45 »
Sorry for not having mentioned this prior but Amazon or Ebay, of course, are out of question in this case for this games is sold for $150 upwards.
I need a way to get the game for a reasonable price of sorts. Not as a collectors item but to play it, so digital would come to mind which goes for $12 at the Squenix Store Japan.
Or is there a translation patch somewhere to update the english text?

I honestly am baffled that there is no one seems to have requested the original version of FFVII yet...C'mon, it is FFVII, there must be SOME interest in this game to at least provide some language options. So many great mods and fancy details were done, but not one single japanese patch? Is there some complication to it or simply no requests?

Thanks for your time,
Dezo

jeffloire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-21 14:36:13 »
I'm playing the entire series FF series in japanese. I just finished FFVII. I'm waiting FFVIII:R textures mods to be released to play it (I'm hoping it works with any language).

I also couldn't find a way to buy FFVII in japanese for PC here, so I ended up buying the Android version, using a japanese Google account.
You can connect your phone to your computer and use scrcpy or something to mirror the phone's screen to your computer. Or, you can also use some Android emulator and play there.
For me, playing on Android and connecting to the computer worked better, because I can connect my Xbox One Controller (using bluetooth) to my Android and FFVII has full controller support.
Well, except for encounters off, you still would have to tap it on your phone screen.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-21 14:45:51 by jeffloire »

damiendada

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-28 14:47:19 »
Hi, same for me too impossible to find FFVII in Japanese for PC, thanks for your tip.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-05 20:10:29 by damiendada »