Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 497000 times)

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
Re: Unshaded characters
« Reply #25 on: 2013-01-15 22:38:23 »
I really like the new Cloud look, because the APZ face looked so bland I was ready to get rid of it. When I'm on a Windows I'll take a look at it.

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-01-16 06:20:10 »
So there are 5 models in the game that have never been done before?

Yup, I can confirm this.
I saw your Youtube Playthrough recently, the Wutai/Utai part to be exact.
One of the shopkeepers wasn't altered at all.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-01-16 12:24:54 »
I noticed that too. I think there is a mod that replaces him with Kakashi floating somewhere out there, but even that is a gamerip not permitted on the forums. We should look into giving that man some fingers!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-01-16 12:47:48 »
Number two is ready. :)

Still three to do...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-01-16 13:14:51 »
Very good.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:JBed/FFVII/Characters

How complete is this list and is there another anywhere?

« Last Edit: 2013-01-16 14:26:45 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-01-16 15:25:23 »

Does somebody know why the mouth is diffrent? I use the same head as the default model - I think it is OK . In fact I see these  :-o faces pretty often, is that porting problem from psx to pc?

Very good.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:JBed/FFVII/Characters

How complete is this list and is there another anywhere?

Thank you DLPB. These list is very usefull. ;D
From what i could see it's complete.

Edit:
Damn it! I must update the main characters. There are models I hadn't done.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-16 15:29:43 by Kaldarasha »

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-01-16 15:31:20 »
The mouth is different because the person who uploaded those images removed the ellipse mouths and drew the new ones on ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-01-16 16:16:28 »
I am running down exactly which models have been done or not done :)  Will prob need some help from Pitbrat.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-01-16 16:34:17 »
You should also check if the models need bone corrections. Pricilla for example need some adjustments.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-01-16 22:14:48 »
Ester, two in Snow Town, one in Wutai and one in the shinra building - maybe more, but that the one I could remember.

One's I have noted are :

DJID Chocobo Carriage, Corel Prison and Sector 6 (With Tifa on back that may also need update).

HVJF: Red XIII with parachute backpack, Sector 8

EDEA: NPC, map blin60_1

EHHC: Cloaked guys.

FFEC
FFHA
FGAE: Not exactly priority but these 3 are fish models for the Underwater pipe.

HDBB: Wutai

HKEA: Temple of Ancients

HPCE: Snow girl
HPIB: Snow boy: Icicle Lodge

BDCD: Mr. Dolphin

FWAE: Ester

Did you notice any others?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-01-17 06:53:13 »
The Chocobo sage and the Chocobo on worldmap ( this one is easy to replace, I wonder why nobody has done this).

FBGE - Cait Sith as reporter - the head is flying in the front of the body.
AKEE - Highwind crew - an animation forces this guy to stand on his tiptoe.

I have made a backpack version of every model.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-01-17 06:57:28 »
According to my files, PRP or Squall have done Chocobo Sage...?  It might be an error though, I will check in game to see if the model updates :)

Also, do you think you can fix this >>

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12522.msg184650#msg184650

Look above for other pictures.  At Temple of Ancients, the grouping of the PRP and Squall models cause the transparency effect to cripple the model.

Lastly, we do have a Diamond Weapon for world map by Grimmy but it's not the one from battle, as is... it's been enhanced  (or remade).  Any chance that you could port the battle version to world map for the UMI installer?
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 07:09:55 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-01-17 07:10:54 »
You mean that? ;D

Are you talking about transparent parts of models during cut scenes?
That is an issue related to the model and is not easily fixed without rebuilding the whole model.

Not true. It is possible to fix it through script editing. In kuro_8 you can see that Sepehy is for a short moment visible...
To make it short, if you calling after the blend shader a light shader they are visible.

You see after blend are two light shaders. The first set the type of light the second will activate the light.

The only values which should set. The rest are zero!

I think it is the best to copy them from Sephiroth (cefi) but you must make sure that the first light shader has no '1' set, I guess there are for fade in/out.

I hope that this is any help for you. ;)

Edit
It's not a perfect solution. If the game calls another shader, the light goes off. But for the moment I think it's the best solution.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 07:23:38 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-01-17 07:15:01 »
From my german reworked project the flevel has contain this already.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-01-17 07:35:50 »
It will work on this one too ? Where Sephiroth's hair goes in front of his face >

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp22/Jamey876/Theproblemwithsquallsfieldmodels000.jpg

As you can see, with Squallff8's parts disappear, with PRP Seps hair goes in front of his face (when the transparent version zooms to the screen).  Will your fix work here too?

edit

ah yeah kuro8 is the right map :)
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 07:45:51 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-01-17 07:54:09 »
Don't know. I havn't test it with PRP models.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-01-17 08:01:34 »
I see what you mean with regards to disabling transparency, however, what we need is Transparency WITH a fix and it is likely that the model groupings themselves are what are breaking this part of the game.  Do you think you can work out how to fix this issue so that Transparency works properly?  The models in the Expert's Hall are also transparent and do not have this issue.

As you can see PRP is OK except for Sephiroth.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 09:38:39 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-01-17 11:28:52 »

It is as I thought. There is some light shading (I guess ambient is the opposite of light). By the way the main script runs only if no other script is running. I tested it. But maybe ambient works better than light...   :?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-01-17 12:18:32 »
Here is the pack with Ester, the Wutai man and the both snow town models.

Newmodels.rar
It's not really finished. The file names correspond not to the default, but they should work as there are without problems. I will fix it if I find the time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-01-17 13:29:02 »
Well done!  To my knowledge, in terms of human/main characters that only leaves:

DJID
HVJF
EDEA
EHHC

You've done Mr. Dolphin?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-01-17 14:05:29 »
Yes Mr. Dolphin is done. HVJF actually too but I named him ADDA1 because I didn't know if there is an extra model for him or not.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 14:10:53 by Kaldarasha »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-01-17 15:15:30 »
At this point, this topic is more than just unshaded characters. This is now unshaded characters, Adult APZ Cloud, and missing NPCs; and maybe the topic header should be changed to reflect the improved itinerary?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Re: Unshaded characters transparanzy problem
« Reply #47 on: 2013-01-17 15:34:01 »
Well, I tested around with diffrent settings in Kimera, but with no effort. The only thing I could say is following:
- The default models work with transparency (we knew this already), if I colore a polygon of the model,
  this polygon will be invisible if the model is forced to blend.
- If I use the prelight function of kimera, the model is invisible.
  --> that means any colore change in kimera make the model invisible if transparency is added.

I suggest that we have three possible solution to get rid of these problem. The first is making script changes (much work with much testing).
The second would be forcing Ali's driver to put all lights on for scenes with transparency and only for the models which should be transparent (maybe by a dll - if it even is possible).
The third would be a better kimera, which put the missing light or blend information back to the models.

Edit

I tested Kimera093 and it spot a bit more light on it. If I colore a vertex/polygon then,clicking on apply, the polygon color disappear while the vertex color is still visible. I think Kimera does not set the new colore information to the polygon. (In makouReaktor the ambient shader has two RGB columns for the shading. Maybe one is for vertex and the other for polygon...  ???)
« Last Edit: 2013-01-18 12:52:25 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-01-17 16:09:10 »
At this point, this topic is more than just unshaded characters. This is now unshaded characters, Adult APZ Cloud, and missing NPCs; and maybe the topic header should be changed to reflect the improved itinerary?

I only want to share my added and tweaked models of Young Cloud and Zack, because there are necessary for my (real) project. And now it's end up like this...  :)
I had this thought too, but I decided not to do this. Why? Because 'Adult APZ Cloud' isn't part of this project and I will take him down if wihteraven say it's OK and take it to his thread. I only share him here because I don't want open another 'APZ Cloud XYZ' and whiteraven hasn't answered to my request. The missing NPC's will be in UMI and/or bootleg anyway. Beside I believe that most of the user don't know how to work with lgp tools and using the UMI instead ( to my shame  :oops: I must say that I work with Highwind. I tried ulgp pretty often but everytime with the same result -You are to stupid to use me! Ha Ha haaaa-.) Maybe I called it 'Improved and added characters', that is more how this is worked out.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #49 on: 2013-01-17 17:11:24 »
PRP models seem to be pretty good at the temple... the only one wrong is sephs hair.... no invisible parts.  Why are PRP's visible?