Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 267258 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #425 on: 2009-07-23 02:34:08 »
I actually totally agree, but I remember how wierded out I was when I watched cloud and zack both with buster swords, then zack dying, and cloud's disappearing while he takes zack's.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009-07-23 02:48:22 »
 :lol:

It's funny because these so called (Updates) to the battle model and field model are things that the average person wouldn't catch. But I fixed them because they bothered ME!

Now I know how George Lucas feels, only in a much smaller dosage. That feeling you get when you release something and you see these glaring errors that no one else would catch, but YOU know they're wrong. That's why Nomura was the quality checker in FF10, to minimize those types of detail changes.

Check the direction of the belt buckle for one! Something you wouldn't catch on the default 620X480 but you can see clearly with Aali's driver!

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009-07-23 03:23:50 »
yeah..now that you mention it i did want to say something about cloud's face.

i love the model but his face doesnt look like cloud's imo, NOT THAT IT ISNT AWESOME it just strikes me as....not cloud

his lips look off for one thing, and the shape of his face isnt perfect.

I feel like crap for posting this but it bugs me too much not to.

I'm not posting this to be judgemental, i'm just hoping that you could kep it in mind when you do the field model

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2009-07-23 04:42:07 »
yeah..now that you mention it i did want to say something about cloud's face.

i love the model but his face doesnt look like cloud's imo, NOT THAT IT ISNT AWESOME it just strikes me as....not cloud

his lips look off for one thing, and the shape of his face isnt perfect.

I feel like crap for posting this but it bugs me too much not to.

I'm not posting this to be judgemental, i'm just hoping that you could kep it in mind when you do the field model

Well I'm sorry it isn't Cloud to you, but I've tried my darndest to make it Cloud for me. And you gotta admit, it's pretty damn close!

Plus he's been tweeked since last release, but this is his current face. It's as close to 'inbetween' AC Cloud and Original Cloud as I could get it.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 04:44:21 by apz freak »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009-07-23 04:50:56 »
Likin the new face a lot.

I think it's perfect.

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2009-07-23 04:57:44 »
Yeah, i know what you mean, i get the same feeling about the face texture.
Think its mainly the lips and nose that are not like Cloud's (these are maybe a little too thick) and the eyes need a little decrease on the height.
But thats just me guessing, changing it might end up just leaving it not looking like Cloud still.

Edit: Ohhhhh! The eyes are not round like in all the pictures, they're very oval in the face texture! Maybe thats the main reason!
Anyway, very nice work on your Cloud model apz.  :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 14:39:26 by InuRa »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2009-07-23 05:16:18 »
oh im sorry apz i didnt see the newly tweaked model, the newer one looks much better,

and you are really good at what you do, i just didnt get the perfect cloud feel on the older model, the new one looks MUCH closer

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009-07-23 06:11:53 »
Let's play Rate Cloud's Face!!

The model is immaculate.  It's just something with his eyes.  If you notice the top right picture posted, he has a very stern/serious look.  This is the Cloud I always pictured in my head while playing.  The eyebrows are right.. just his eyes look too    .. innocent?  (aka like Advent Children :-P)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009-07-23 06:36:25 »
I agree about the seriousness, And although i've not gotten to the final battle with your cloud, I think he should look mad. if he doesn't already :-D

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009-07-23 06:49:47 »
He looks like Cloud to me, maybe in a younger version but still Cloud nevertheless.
Great job apz!!! :lol:

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2009-07-23 08:52:50 »
How long do you think it will be before you release a field model?

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #436 on: 2009-07-23 08:57:55 »
Hey Apz, Borde just released a tool which can convert bigger than 512 texture files with truecolour here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8639.0

Would be pretty rad to have a, say, 1024 truecolour texture of him if you still have it :-D

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2009-07-23 17:37:24 »
Hey Apz, Borde just released a tool which can convert bigger than 512 texture files with truecolour here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8639.0

Would be pretty rad to have a, say, 1024 truecolour texture of him if you still have it :-D

:-o Wow, that changes things! I'll jump right on that!

(ps. Of course I have the original TGA's, do you think I'd get myself in trouble by deleting my source files?  :wink: )

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
« Reply #438 on: 2009-07-23 20:57:06 »

Plus he's been tweeked since last release, but this is his current face. It's as close to 'inbetween' AC Cloud and Original Cloud as I could get it.

Just perfect... What's an awesome work !
With SlayersNext, Millenia and a lot of people, the remake of FF VII that we hope for a while will be released just by his fans-creators, and i think it's just UNFORFORGATABLE !
Thank you very much for your work !

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2009-07-23 21:54:19 »
will he be in minigames such as snowboard, chocoborace and gbike? if so it'll inspire me to fix the rides up :P

EDIT:
remmber to replace the gbike buster sword :P!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #440 on: 2009-07-23 23:49:48 »
damn guys that work is AWESOME! this guy's brilliant, keep it up APZ

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2009-07-24 09:56:22 »
Hey apz how long do you think it will be before you can release a field model? I'm hoping to start playing the game over with the new model. (like ive done a thousand times and loved every moment of)

edit: so you're only going to make a chibi version huh?

...............................damn
well wait i could just........

....damn

lol i was hoping for a tall model to fit in cuz i like the tall versions...now im wondering if i would want chibi or tall.....problem is that all my chars are tall and if i changed just cloud back to chibi it would look really weird.

is there any way you or someone else could convert the battle model into a field model? i haz no idea how to do it, and from looking at people who try, it looks difficult and time consuming to say the least  :-(
« Last Edit: 2009-07-26 14:49:46 by Xelane »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2009-08-08 12:14:32 »
Hi APZ..Could I ask here if your Buster Sword model will work with Slayersnext? Or do you have solution for this? Because when I tried using this with Slayersnext Weapon Mod. It messes up The buster sword ..But when I use the other swords ( Slayersnext mod )..it doesnt have that kind of glitch...

Can you please help me on this?....I really like your version of The Buster Sword....

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2009-08-08 19:46:34 »
Hey APZ, I want to see finished your chibi model. Meanwhile I am using your model of battle in field. He needs some adjustments but he is incredible in game. The problem is that I cannot use your buster sword  :-P, I need the textures...  :-D
Good work with this proyect  :wink:

« Reply #444 on: 2009-08-10 21:27:04 »
I hate to bump this thread.
But i have a request...
APZ your work is amazing, and i am a fan of your Chibi style.
Could you please post some reference shots of your Cloud chibi..
like you did on the first page, of the KH cloud, because i want to make detailed chibis, quite like yours.
:D

Thank you,
Makubex (lmao.. the spell checker thought my name was mail box..xD)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2009-08-11 02:43:32 »
Certainly! I'll throw it together for you.

« Reply #446 on: 2009-08-11 02:46:56 »
Yay!
Thanks.
 :wink:

I want to learn how to model(3D... not for a magazine.).
So i am just messing with vertexes(verteces?) at the moment.

Thanks!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2009-08-11 02:47:18 »
could u stick little notes of the changes you made? to make the chibi

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2009-08-11 06:23:38 »
I made a little edit to your Cloud... hope you don't mind  :-)

I like the retconned black outfit... Purple just never really seemed like something an ELITE 1ST CLASS SOLDIER would wear

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2009-08-11 07:03:02 »
Cloud is so badass that he could wear a rainbow colored outfit and still be tough  :-P