Author Topic: Questions regarding model replacement, certain graphic mods and M003  (Read 8325 times)

theosiris2010

• I'm an a-hole supposedly.
    • View Profile
Hi there, I'm sure a couple of you guys remember me  :o lol
I'm ANXIOUS to play my FF7, and the last time I posted here I just about gave up on modding the game. I went back to the original FF7 on PSX and eventually said... "know what? This can't cut it no more. I'm sorry "black label", you've been good to me, but I've found a better you... for now." And then, my black label copy of FF7 went and cried in a corner... I feel bad for 'em. I'm gonna go get him after I'm finished with all this. But yeah...
I'm trying to get back at it, and I seem to be having some trouble with a couple things.

I have some models that are not allowed on this forum, but that should not matter. A couple of you have it already, and it was taken down due to copyright laws from S-E (you know what I'm talking about... the infamous ****** ******** Complete mod by Kula Wende. also, not sure if this specific one was taken off the internet, but you get the point).

Anyways, getting to my problems.

1) I'm trying to mix some models together which would include APZ Cloud, the "infamous" mod, and Millenia's Custom Weapons. Pretty much I want to take Cloud's battle model, possibly slap another face on it from the infamous mod, because there's something about APZ's face model that just creeps me out... don't ask why, because I couldn't tell you lol. I'm just weird like that. BUT ANYWAYS, yeah. APZ body, infamous face, and Millenia's custom weapons. Okay, now that I'm done beating around the bush, is it possible to take the face model from another one and leave the APZ hair intact??? If not, then I guess I will be able to live with my creepy ass main character.
UPDATE: I FIGURED OUT WHAT CREEPED ME OUT ABOUT THAT MODEL... it's the eyes vato... the eyes....

2) Then I wanted to change the "infamous" mod "buster sword" and put it in the Ultima Weapon's place, and then keep APZ's amazing buster for the first weapon in the game. Would it mess up the model if I did that??

3) What is the name of the certain models..? I'm going through my mod folders and when I UNLGP, they have the 4 character titles (example: rtaa, rtab). I'm trying to figure out which one of these are the buster sword and which one is the Ultima Weapon.

4) When I installed the APZ Cloud model, I noticed in both normal and file battle folders, there was a file that was the same... I'm gonna go look at it right now and find out which one it is.................................. its rtcy. If I took the final battle rtcy and replace the normal battle rtcy, would it make a difference in game? Would the final battle portion of the mod not work because of that???

5) After installing the "infamous" mod, Barret seems to punch AND shoot at the same time in the bombing mission, and that's not right... is there a certain software that will let me change animations throughout the game so I can fix this issue?

6) Can I rename weapons/items with a certain program? Or would that be done manually..?

7) On the menu overhaul project, I noticed that in the mods folder DK, there was a missing picture. That picture would be young cloud. Would I just put young cloud's new picture in that folder? Or would I have to unlgp again?

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm pretty sure I posted this in the right place, seeing as these questions have to do with mods and not the actual game itself (hence, troubleshooting). I didn't want to PM the people that made the mods, because I'm sure they get questions like this everyday and they are probably annoyed by now, so I decided to just post it here where other fellow modders can help me get back on my feet :) any help would be appreciated, and I SWEAR that if I could give you a chocolate chunk ahoy cookie for every questions answered, I would  ;) swear on my mama!
« Last Edit: 2011-09-03 03:56:27 by theosiris2010 »

theosiris2010

• View Profile
A full 24 and no answers to not even one question..? Somebody has to know something *here comes the moderators.....*

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you know it is against rules to double post and annoy, why do it?

I'd answer your questions but most ARE answered if you use search.

6) Can I rename weapons/items with a certain program? Or would that be done manually..?

That is sheer laziness on your part to not know the answer.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-04 13:02:21 by DLPB »

theosiris2010

• View Profile
If you know it is against rules to double post and annoy, why do it?

I'd answer your questions but most ARE answered if you use search.

That is sheer laziness on your part to not know the answer.

See that's the thing, I knew it was against the rules, but in this day and age it seems like when you're polite people don't wanna help you. But when you go and break a rule or turn into a d*ck THEN somebody wants to say something. I was going to inbox you myself BUT it seems that you have blocked my PM's :/ soooo that idea went out the window. Never knew I did anything wrong to you, but obviously I did. And to the "sheer laziness" on that, it's really not because I just don't know how to do it. If there was guidance then MAYBE I would be able to do this stuff. But there's no guidance, and on top of that there's no such thing as a stupid question.

If there was a way to figure out this stuff in the search, I would but the search engines on forums are so f*cked that I can hardly find anything. So instead of attacking me and going on about everything besides my questions, maybe just help me out? This is the right section to do it, is it not? And one of the problems is from YOUR mod, and you just proved that you just want to be negative by seeing that I wrote something and purposely not replying. A simple yes lgp/unlgp or no just rename a file is the simple way to answer the question. But of course people love to be complicated. From WHAT CAN BE DONE with the sad search engine, I found no answers to these questions.

I made sure I googled FIRST before using that "thing", because most of my questions were answered through Google and I didn't have to come here and ask the questions. Most of my answers I got through google, not here. But now that I DO need help and I'm in the place with possibly hundreds of people that know the answers to my questions, I thought MAYBE JUST MAYBE I could get some help. But apparently not. Unless you're a d*ck to people or if you have something to offer people in life, then you won't get a good OR bad response from nobody. But moving on...  :o

I know how to LGP/UNLGP and most of these questions can be answered by me just figuring out the formula of the 4 character name files. Going back to you quoting and bolding "6)", I would prefer to rename them manually without software, but if the software is there and it will make things easier and not glitch the game then okay. If it was as simple as you guys (aka. you for the time being, will turn into more guaranteed) make it sound then I wouldn't be asking these questions now, would I?  :mrgreen:

EDIT:
I'd answer your questions but >>>most<<< ARE answered if you use search.

So you just admitted to the fact that some of these questions are not answered on this forum, and you know the answer yet you don't want to tell me. Lol..... proves my point of you being negative and there's really not a way around that :P
« Last Edit: 2011-09-05 02:44:14 by theosiris2010 »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Your long winded posts bury any pertinent questions in a screen full of unrelated information.
Was there a question?
I didn't get passed the part where you insulted the Qhimm community for not stealing assets from another game.
Concise questions get answered.
Now, what's the problem?

theosiris2010

• View Profile
Your long winded posts bury any pertinent questions in a screen full of unrelated information.
Was there a question?
I didn't get passed the part where you insulted the Qhimm community for not stealing assets from another game.
Concise questions get answered.
Now, what's the problem?

Never mind. I don't see where I insulted the Qhimm community for not stealing assets from another game. Get your eyes check. And obviously all you guys are the same, because you see that I already asked the questions, but of course somebody has to be a dick even though they know the answers. Again. To whatever mods are out there reading this, if you feel that these questions can be answered by at least one person RESPECTFULLY and there's only a few dicks around here, then go ahead and leave this topic open. Other then that, if you know that everyone is going to answer this question like dicks, then please. Lock the thread. Up to you guys. All I wanted was some answers to my questions.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
edit ff7 weapons

I placed that in google, and guess what came up?  A whole range of links including

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising

Was that really so hard for you?  You could have placed any number of searches into google or qhimm and it would have come up with something you could use.

theosiris2010

• View Profile
edit ff7 weapons

I placed that in google, and guess what came up?  A whole range of links including

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising

Was that really so hard for you?  You could have placed any number of searches into google or qhimm and it would have come up with something you could use.

Well first of all, THANK YOU. Second of all, the issue with that was that I wasn't trying to find the solution to editing weapons, because I use LGP/UNLGP to actually edit the weapons and "editing" weapons would most likely be along those lines? I just needed to know how to rename the weapons, so when I searched I typed in:

rename final fantasy 7 weapons
rename final fantasy 7 weapons pc
rename buster sword
rename buster sword final fantasy 7 pc
rename ultima weapon pc
etc.

And even switched the 7 to vii, so you see why that question was brought up now. If you search those same things yourself, you can see that nothing would come up. So that's why I couldn't find it.

Also, now that I have gotten your attention, maybe you can tell me the solution to the young cloud picture that wasn't included in the Menu Overhaul Project?
« Last Edit: 2011-09-05 03:35:11 by theosiris2010 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you name it properly (I dunno what name it should have) then yes you just put it in there.

theosiris2010

• View Profile
Purrrfect. Thanks alot. I really appreciate it. It seems like that mods folder would just make modding the game 100x much simpler than using LGP/UNLGP but at the same time it's confusing because you're not really told what formats are supported when it comes to everything but images in-game. When I say that, I mean putting weapon and character mods in that folder if its simple as adding the 4 character files into the folder or whatever format that file used to be.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The app log tells you which images it is looking for, based on the game files.  If you enable

show_missing_textures = yes in ff7_opengl.cfg

theosiris2010

• View Profile
Oh I know that part. I use it all the time. I get it alot when I'm testing out the Cloud skins, because I disable movie play on my pc by removing the "\" from the movies path in the directory. That works fine. The thing about that is, if it's in the mod directory, does that mean that it won't search for it in the LGP files and only access those certain mods from the mods folder?

Example: I know it would look like shit, but just for an example if you took Tifa's skin, add only half of the files for her in the mods directory and leave out the other half. Would it show up with half of Tifa's body modded and the other half poly? Or even if I were to do it with a full skin. Whatever works.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't think you are supposed to do that with models.  The mods folder is for images only and it will only load those that you have in the folder and will revert back to the archives for any you don;t  Test it out.  It is better than asking 100 questions.

obesebear

• View Profile
Well I only remember one of your questions after reading all of that.  No, you can't keep Apz hair and just put the AC face on it (Well not without a lot of editing in Blender).  You can either have 1 head or the other on the model.