Author Topic: Chocobos in mini game replaced with fernin  (Read 7761 times)

Nero

• View Profile
Chocobos in mini game replaced with fernin
« on: 2009-07-25 04:30:00 »
I’ve been wondering how it would look if I replace in the chocobo mini game the chocobos with motorcycles, and I got my answer. It looks completely ridiculous! The chocobos’ animations doesn’t fit at all to the fernir not even after I added all the body parts to a single bone and the bike keeps moving her but left and right like it’s somekind of… chokobo :?. I suppose a solution would be to replace the chocobos’ animations and skeleton with those of the bike but I’ve never tried something like that before and even if I succeed in doing it I’m not really sure if it would still fit right to the environment so I think I would drop it for now. So leaving as it is this is one of the stupidest mods ever made for ff7. I’m so proud! :-D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chocobos in mini game replaced with fernin
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-25 04:37:31 »
at least is supplies us with lulz

Trishty

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-25 04:40:48 »
Look funny  :-). But can't see cloud car
Traffic jam =))

polaris_027

« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-25 11:55:16 »
hmm ill stick with the old chobo hehe..

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-25 16:38:24 »
Well it might actually look nice if in replacing the chocobosÂ’s body parts, animations and bones we also add the course map, the background, the music and the sound effects. So if we technically change everything it could possible works properly...  :? ... right?  :|

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-25 18:34:17 »
Why do people wanna change the Chocobos with bikes? Isn't bike breeding a little weird? :? :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-25 18:35:40 »
Why do people wanna change the Chocobos with bikes? Isn't bike breeding a little weird? :? :-P

I think that timu sumisu sums it up  :-D

at least is supplies us with lulz

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-25 20:44:39 »
Breeding bikes? Haven’t actually thought of that :?. Like Yammaha with Honda? Wonder what could come out of this. Surly it’s been made on cars. I mean were do you think Mclaren-Mersedes came from? :-D

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-26 14:18:56 »
it does indeed provide us with lols.

wouldnt you be able to make it work if you placed the animation files with something like the one from the motorcycle minigame? or if that isnt possible, replacing the chocobo's animation with it being still, but the wheels turning?

that way the motorcycle(s) won't bounce like they do (well i may be way off in my theory)

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-26 20:07:12 »
Your theory could be possible, but I think ultima espio has a point. Breeding bikes is kind of weir. Besides it wouldn’t seem right subscribing to run in a chocobo race and suddenly find yourself racing on a motorcycle. I did that more out of curiosity and I don’t think I’ll work it more. I believe the best way to improve this mini game would be by replacing the old chocobos with newest versions from cc and ff10 but I’m not really sure how to do it since there seems to be only one chocobo model in the game which seems to changing textures at random but I haven’t actually figured out how this mechanism works, so for now I think you’ll just have to stay with the old chocobos.