Author Topic: Set Class Mod  (Read 2989 times)

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
Set Class Mod
« on: 2017-07-20 00:13:11 »
Have forced in, people with set materia. But, they will all start at their correct levels. So you could train them up, if needed. Like the normal game, you could just level until your guys were OP, but, that would be boring. Like the original, is funner and quicker to just be tactful lower level, but, still lets you train-up if you ever need to get stronger.

As for classes, and enemies, I need ideas. But I have got the following. The aim -- is to make it as good as possible !

I will depict some e.g. classes and materia combos:
Mage (usually used for high damage spells in MMOs, but low health) - HP <-> MP (so from the off they can cast a bunch of spells, but will have minimal health); assorted attack spells/materia/
Tank - Cover; HP Up; (and then things to up attack some-what, if tanks usually have good attack, too)
Rogue/Scout/ - Speed Plus; Steal; Added-Effect & Poison; maybe a weak physical attack but 4 x attack
Healer - Usual Healer spells
Summoner - Similar to Mage, but with Summon Spells
Other

The idea will be... having a Healer may seem a good idea. However, due to how, perhaps, quickly you could defeat a foe with mainly attackers, it may be quicker to use them instead. It could be that a Healer has maybe weak Heal spells only. Or it could even be that you can select these ''combos'' of materia, meaning you have choose to have e.g. two Tanks and one Healer etc.

I have seen mods before where there are ''classes'' -- but I want to make use of more simple, already existing materias -- with a class system simple and like FF9 etc.

IDK if it should keep things challenging by needing to level-up
Or, if perhaps some materia could or should be modded to keep them from leveling up

IDK as well if enemies should all be made harder, as well as bosses, without changing the game too much -- so that battles will be challenging and enjoyable

Let me know thoughts, thanks

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: Set Class Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-20 02:42:18 »
I'm actually very far into making a fully functional class system. I nearly have a demo test ready. I am limited by the games engine. But I am able to have a class for every character. They can Level up that class and swap class. I have it in way that all characters are needed like ffx. I'll have more details when I can I prove it can be fully released

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-20 18:44:52 »
That sounds sweet ! Is it similar to my idea of using already existing materias to match/make/ their classes ? If so, anyone viewing this post I guess please see ^. Look forward to the finished mod !

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-20 18:47:07 »
I was thinking about it after I posted, too. It only sucks that you get different characters throughout the game so, if e.g. Cid was IDK a Summoner, you would have to wait ages to get him. (Although maybe it could work, as by then Summons might not be so OP etc.)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-20 20:35:01 »
Well i have mine so far where you can switch classes. But each characters stats will make them better at specific classes. Like Cloud can be a healer, but would be nothing compared to Aerith

ffviipkmnproject

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-20 22:02:19 »
If you haven't seen already, check out... I think it's either Nightmare Mod or Hardcore Mod. I think they have something similar. I def saw it on one mod.

With mine I guess I want to use already existing stuff. But not make it feel restrictive, more like the same game with a new twist.

I guess it could be done by cheating in some mastered or un-matered materia from the beginning. Although to equip it, you may need good equip from the start, too, which would make people OP.

And then maybe, to make it harder to achieve, modded harder enemies -- which may need to be made well to be enjoyably challenging. And then you have to wonder if items can be used. I think potions and etc. are a maybe. But maybe items that do, e.g. Bio 2 etc. should be nerfed (as, otherwise, you can just complete the game using those alone).

Guys may need to come with said materia and equip equipped, as well as not have the materia go, at times like Yuffie side-quest; etc.