Author Topic: Errors and Crashes  (Read 2982 times)

hacker555

Errors and Crashes
« on: 2007-08-29 04:36:10 »
hey all ive been having some problems ...

EDIT ===================

ok more info ...

the game works fine with the normal install off the disc , it is playable tho has a few problems but overall it IS playable ....

when i try to patch the game to 1.02  is when i recieve problems ...

i copy and paste the two files , the exe and the config file over to my ff7 folder , overwriting the original ...

just this being done , once i click on the shortcut the game either does nothing or says please insert cd

however , this happens even when i have the cd in the drive ...

also even when i try and auto play the game with the cd it gives me this message , so i think i can safely say that the 1.02 patch isnt really working for me

can someone please help me with this

NEXT

if i skip the 1.02 XP patch , and i continue through patching i get various problems ....

when i try to patch the HIGH RES ... i click patch and the message says done , but above it it says nothing patched ...

what is wrong with this ?

NEXT

when i go to the higher res cloud , nothing happens well it patches fine but the effects dont change

NEXT

when i patch using the NPC Reconstruction thingy ( which looks AMAZING BY , looking at screenies )

it goes through a long patching process but at the end when the game runs nothing is changed

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help lol

ive been looking everwhere trying to fix this but i cant seem to get any answers
« Last Edit: 2007-08-29 08:40:46 by hacker555 »

[GLG] Sirius

• View Profile
    • Playtime-Gaming
Re: Errors and Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-30 08:19:26 »
hey all Ive been having some problems ...

EDIT ===================

ok more info ...

the game works fine with the normal install off the disc , it is playable tho has a few problems but overall it IS playable ....

when i try to patch the game to 1.02  is when i recieve problems ...

i copy and paste the two files , the exe and the config file over to my ff7 folder , overwriting the original ...

just this being done , once i click on the shortcut the game either does nothing or says please insert cd

however , this happens even when i have the cd in the drive ...

also even when i try and auto play the game with the cd it gives me this message , so i think i can safely say that the 1.02 patch isnt really working for me

can someone please help me with this

First off, is it a legit copy of the game? If not then your onto plums. If it is however then have a look at what compatability mode the .exe's are running after you have patched, as with some games this can make an "Insert Disc" error even if the disc is in, switch between the different modes and see what works for you (generally Win98/ME is best)

NEXT

if i skip the 1.02 XP patch , and i continue through patching i get various problems ....

when i try to patch the HIGH RES ... i click patch and the message says done , but above it it says nothing patched ...

what is wrong with this ?

This is most likely because the High-Res patch was made for the 1.02 patch (i believe) and it wont patch a different size file.

NEXT

when i go to the higher res cloud , nothing happens well it patches fine but the effects dont change

This one I'm not sure about, maybe when the rest is sorted that will fix itself.

NEXT

when i patch using the NPC Reconstruction thingy ( which looks AMAZING BY , looking at screenies )

it goes through a long patching process but at the end when the game runs nothing is changed

Did you follow all the instructions on this? Using LGPTools to extract everything from the lgp file into a folder then running the NPC project then using LGPTools to recompile it all again and replace the original? If not, then that will be the problem, I'm sure theres a readme with it explaining everything.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help lol

ive been looking everwhere trying to fix this but i cant seem to get any answers

The more pleases you post doesn't make a difference ;)