Author Topic: No sound during fmv Vista  (Read 4924 times)

lordcarrot

No sound during fmv Vista
« on: 2009-08-07 08:02:40 »
Hello.  Ive looked on the forums and cant find what i should do.  Im not really the best when it comes to installing drivers and patches and such. 

I just got FF7 on ebay, downloaded 1.02 patch and everything is working except the sounds during fmvs and some other sound efects though the game. (like when cloud jumps on the train and opens the door or when the super sweeper is at the reactor).

Im running windows vista.  ive found a lot of things for xp, but nothing really for vista with this problem.  The first movie works, but when you blow up the first reactor and anything after...limited sound effects.   I dont know if this matters, but I have my computer sound running through my tv and surround sound, in configuration i can only pick Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth as my midi driver.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

lordcarrot

Re: No sound during fmv Vista
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-07 17:18:07 »
I tried using some Loppbe thing I read about.  I have the sound effects, but, but no music during gameplay.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-07 18:27:20 »
The music cutting out is a known probably and will be, at least mostly, fixed in Aali's next driver release.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-08 07:57:42 »
I don't think he's using Aali custom driver.

GFauxPas

« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-02 07:37:42 »
Resurrecting this thread because Aali's driver didn't fix it and I'm having the exact same problem, has anyone else figured out a solution?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-02 12:10:57 »
Resurrecting this thread because Aali's driver didn't fix it and I'm having the exact same problem, has anyone else figured out a solution?

no necroposting, and from what i know, it WAS fixed, you may need to use ff7music, but this isn't a big deal.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-02 14:10:14 »
Boo!! >:(

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-03 02:38:18 »

no necroposting, and from what i know, it WAS fixed, you may need to use ff7music, but this isn't a big deal.
This. To be more specific, there are two solutions. One of them doesn't work very well, and I advise against it, but it involves Loopbe if you want to look it up.

The far superior solution is to simply use FF7Music and Aali's driver. It prevents this problem entirely.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-03 22:04:31 »

This. To be more specific, there are two solutions. One of them doesn't work very well, and I advise against it, but it involves Loopbe if you want to look it up.

The far superior solution is to simply use FF7Music and Aali's driver. It prevents this problem entirely.

they should be using aali's driver no matter what nowadays, not sure bout ff7music, i don't use it myself, but i plan to