Author Topic: Porting Honey Bee Inn Cutscene to FF7 PC  (Read 8443 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Porting Honey Bee Inn Cutscene to FF7 PC
« on: 2013-05-30 06:48:35 »
I want try porting unused scene of FF7j to FF7 pc, special case "onna_1".

Its the current possibilities of project:

Original field code -> OK (porting)
Fields DLC-> OK
Walkmesh -> OK (also camera range/doors/arrows/gateways/camera range/miscellaneous)
Music ->  OK (original or external load)
Background -> OK (original or external load)
Field ID -> OK (using new ID, unused or reused debug rom)

Actual problems:

Layers -> Assign layers of original "TileMap", specially for hide models
Background animations -> Porting of this animations to PC field, or creating this exactly sprites in and assing in Field ID

The issues

Most necessary modifications can be made successfully, but main question is to know how the parameters of the layer port to FF7 PC, same case about adding background animations in their proper place.

I was looking where be the code that handles the parameters and assigning the layers for example, contain this in .MIM of FF7jap, and you can read information in wiki:

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field_Module/DAT/Tile_Map#Section_1

The big question is...really possible port layers/background animations PSX to PC ?

Not really knowing where to start being compressed file. LZS ... maybe be impossible to decompress.

Its possible load layers/animations externally?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for read!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-31 02:02:16 by cloudiar »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Porting Honey bee inn Cutscene to FF7 PC
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-30 13:29:28 »
Myst6re has written a lzs object for the ff7tk. I've not used it yet but you could try it , you would only need to make a program to use the object and connect it to GUI stuff. BTW this sounds harder then it is. Perhaps I'll include a demo like we do for out lgp object.then u could use the ff7tkDemo to open your file. Much like you currently can with lgp archives.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-30 17:35:43 »
Yes it's possible to convert PS bg to PC bg (and vice-versa), I would like to code the conversion one day (I need time and motivation). For the models, it's a bit more complicated, because on PC there is a set of models globally available (in char.lgp) and on PS there is one set of models per field (in BSX files), except for main models (Cloud and friends, in BCX files).

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-30 19:23:05 »
This is an incredible surprise!

So better to wait for your application to possible port layers / background / animations for pc, right?, you are my God  :-D

So should I expect?

I hope they offer soon, you really will finally end makou reactor as best hacking program in FF7, I want your improvements soon please, haha​​!

Some good questions .. ask at this time:

1. Assignment of ID, do you think that could be assigned in the original ID? For example this case "onna_1" uses the ID  215.

2.You are planning to enable same with the other cases? Example other unused fields, onna_3, onna_6, etc ... this could be incredible!

3.Then you are thinking application to import directly the necessary parameters of unused ID from makou reactor? Please do not take, I hope you soon to release date, I'm hopeful :)

In my current mod not planned remake honney bee inn, be reason to hope that one day could import the unused scenes to make the "real" honney bee in, many thanks in advance sir myst6re, is fabulous.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-30 19:42:40 »
Wait wait, I wanted to do this algo for several years, and I still did nothing. But your request can be a motivation...

Some good questions .. ask at this time:

1. Assignment of ID, do you think that could be assigned in the original ID? For example this case "onna_1" uses the ID  215.

2.You are planning to enable same with the other cases? Example other unused fields, onna_3, onna_6, etc ... this could be incredible!

3.Then you are thinking application to import directly the necessary parameters of unused ID from makou reactor? Please do not take, I hope you soon to release date, I'm hopeful :)

In my current mod not planned remake honney bee inn, be reason to hope that one day could import the unused scenes to make the "real" honney bee in, many thanks in advance sir myst6re, is fabulous.

1. Yes it's possible too, in fact this is done by editing the "maplist" file in flevel.lgp.
2. If I can convert one, I can convert all, at least I'll try.
3. I will give the opportunity for everyone to convert backgrounds, it's easier than allow background editing.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Porting Honey Bee Inn Cutscene to FF7 PC
« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-16 07:13:35 »
Does this mean that someone like Omzy... or maybe even Omzy... will theoretically need to completely redo the upscaled backgrounds from better images? Or... Idk this seems really big but I'm not sure I understand the scope of what is big about it.

Will be able to get a full restore of the battle scenes I think... that's really big.

I guess my question would be: If we are to have a new complete set of backgrounds from the PSX release, could upscaling be built into the conversion process somehow? Or will someone still have to cut them apart, upscale/resize, then refit or whatever it is Facepalmer does exactly.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-16 13:57:56 »
The upscaling of field backgrounds is not the point here, my goal is convert backgrounds from PlayStation to PC, because some people, like cloudiar or me, want to import the "onna_1" field which is only available in the Japanese version.

Does this mean that someone like Omzy... or maybe even Omzy... will theoretically need to completely redo the upscaled backgrounds from better images?

In fact, the quality and the resolution of PS backgrounds are exactly the same than PC backgrounds, but the file format is different.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-06-17 11:14:24 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W6GDXsbbqY

OH MY GOD  ;D

You think create system to add new ID "manually" or think use this to reemplace original field ID?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #9 on: 2013-06-17 21:43:39 »
Hum, I have some problems with Z-axis, I hope I'll find the right formula to convert this, it seems very stange :-\.

You think create system to add new ID "manually" or think use this to reemplace original field ID?

I do not know if I will integrate the addition of field in the next version, maybe for Makou 1.7.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #10 on: 2013-09-23 00:27:10 »
I'm not sure how far you are guys, but I've got everything except the animations and background worked out. Animations are no trouble I will do it manually, but the background is purely dependent on the next MR release. Right now I'm using a unused debug room since the walkmesh is distorted to match the background dimensions, but that makes it looked weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m7HId0bKeTw

I would like to put together a restored flevel with you guys if you're interested. Not a modded version, but a proper flevel with all cut scenes reactivated.