Author Topic: FF7 Music, problem to continue before music  (Read 4235 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
FF7 Music, problem to continue before music
« on: 2014-07-15 13:14:25 »
Hello, first want congrats specially "Ficedula", "Covarr" and "DLPB" for big contribution to play in this game with external and HQ music :)

I read a lot pages of FF7 Music Patch and try change configuration of FF7 Music but not solution...for this reason decide comment in here, also topic FF7Music Installer is closed, the problem:

Example, I playing in makou reactor and listen music, finally go on to battle...go back to makou music and this is "reset", restart to 0, not continue in before moment of song...I think this cause FF7MUSIC and be impossible continue with previous state of music, but can see some people can play without this problem, for you understand better can see the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMyAJMV6Qyw&feature=youtu.be&t=13m2s

I in same case not continue the music, try a lot battles but finally always return restart to 0, in video this person play all bomb mission without problems, and I have this problem in others scenes, in rare chance save moment of song to later continue.

What is possible solution? I try change configuration of FF7Music but never good result...I try in ogg but same case in psf...

Tested in Windows XP 32 Bits with ff7_opengl-0.7.10b, and use FF7Music 1.51.13

Sorry for molesties and thanks in advance :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Music, problem to continue before music
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-15 13:44:11 »
Oh man, a fellow FF7Music user! We're probably a rare breed these days. There should be an option under the Playback Options tab called 'Resuming'. You want the 'Always' button selected for that. If that doesn't work, then you could try switching some of the other options like 'Obey Stop' or turn on Emulate Ramps + Delay Stops; there was definitely a way to do it though.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-15 13:56:48 »
When a music is muted only the load of another song can reset it. So will simply play song A direct before song B which was muted by the script. See the community flevel project on my side.
I miss understood you... ;D  You have wrong settings in FF7 Music...

BUT if you would simply update your driver then you won't have this problem anymore.
You will also need the latest version of Anixios Heart.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-15 14:35:43 »
Oh man, a fellow FF7Music user! We're probably a rare breed these days. There should be an option under the Playback Options tab called 'Resuming'. You want the 'Always' button selected for that. If that doesn't work, then you could try switching some of the other options like 'Obey Stop' or turn on Emulate Ramps + Delay Stops; there was definitely a way to do it though.

I try this before but not work :|

When a music is muted only the load of another song can reset it. So will simply play song A direct before song B which was muted by the script. See the community flevel project on my side.
I miss understood you... ;D  You have wrong settings in FF7 Music...

BUT if you would simply update your driver then you won't have this problem anymore.
You will also need the latest version of Anixios Heart.

Please link to topic flevel profect?  :-D

Because the REAL problem is version ff7_opengl-0.7.10b?

In this case I try upload the drivers...before of topic I try a lop with mention type, Obey Stop and Emulate Ramps + Delay Stops, but bad result.

Thanks for answer :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-15 15:28:44 »
Please link to topic flevel profect?  :-D
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14598.0

It's a bit old, because I haven't done much on it. I mainly interested for small improvements of the fields. If people say 'Hmm... something is different, but I can't tell what exactly.' then it's perfect.
Other things could be new side quests or events. We could make it very dynamical with 7th Heaven.

If you want to test it you will need 7th Heaven, the mod is here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-15 21:02:12 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14598.0

It's a bit old, because I haven't done much on it. I mainly interested for small improvements of the fields. If people say 'Hmm... something is different, but I can't tell what exactly.' then it's perfect.
Other things could be new side quests or events. We could make it very dynamical with 7th Heaven.

If you want to test it you will need 7th Heaven, the mod is here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

This great work, congrats...I will see coming soon to, also want alternative "bso" with 7th Heaven...in finally aleatory music can be incredible....

Your Unshaded models be fantastic, I want use in my mod  :D

Go back to initial problem in topic, I upgrade to 0.8.1b with FF7 Music configured with Resuming ->always and emulate ramps + delay tops or obey stop, the result is "better", the song can be save in 30% or 40% chance( before 10% xD), but really continue the problem.

You can do it 100%?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-16 10:38:17 »
You don't need FF7music anymore. Aali's driver has an inbuilt solution which works better (nearly perfect).
Enable the vgmstream.plugin in the config and install Anxious Heart 04: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.msg209438#msg209438

Your Unshaded models be fantastic, I want use in my mod  :D
Feel free to use them. Of course give credits (it would be nice if you would place in
 the credit list of my mod as well).