Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 424789 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #100 on: 2005-05-09 00:19:37 »
good job setup and been playing for like 3 hours. But isit me that the tow part of the boot missing??

OmegaWeapon

« Reply #101 on: 2005-05-09 02:46:55 »
Probably still a little messed...nothing too big...Cloud's feet seemed to sink into the floor in Tifa's Bar. But every part of his boots are there...

._.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005-05-09 20:22:03 »
OmegaWeapon could you please read the post more carefully we have been talking about the sunken roots in the animation files for the past few pages. It's no big deal though.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005-05-09 22:45:19 »
I feel we are in need of another screenshot.  And Cloud thinks he needs some food.  :P

Somehow,  I think he wasn't very comfortable there, what with his leg bustin' through his table and all. :roll:

And then.....

Either Cloud just walked in on a synchronized sleeping contest, or.... well, Shinra's military just needs more manliness training. :P

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005-05-09 23:41:23 »
This calls for a photoshop....

=P

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005-05-10 00:16:47 »
Quote from: ice_cold513
good job setup and been playing for like 3 hours. But isit me that the toe part of the boot missing??

ok here where are the toe part of the boots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/notoeboots.jpg

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005-05-10 00:46:02 »
you say tow?? by your picture you mean toe as in his foot yeah... dunno just try puting the files in again...

check the aaaa.hrc and make sure the
sibd.rsd and sibi.rsd are indexed on the left and right foot

looking like this..
l_foot
l_tibia
2 AAEC SIBD

r_foot
r_tibia
2 AAFC SIBI

also check the end of your char.lgp for the .rsd and .p files...

Behold I give you the Flower Girl!

vdig

« Reply #107 on: 2005-05-10 02:06:27 »
Good one EmperorSteele, you "Insane Poster" you! :lol:

This project is looking very good so far, and although I'm going to hold out from patching the game with your current work in progress, let me tell you that it is soooooooo tempting.  As for the characters clipping the scenery, what can you do?  You have already done quite a bit for such a short time span... and no, please do not slow down.  The recent pic of Aeris/th with the puny basket is very weird.  And is it just me, or does that pose look just a bit funny?

I have noticed that the Shinra soldiers and the core bad guy(s) have been put in.  Rufus and the Turks would look great, and then there's the Proud Clod... holy crap, that thing would be humongous!  Would the battle Proud Clod even fit the screen properly?  :o

One thing I would like to know is if you are planning to update the looks to all non-battle characters, through whatever method possible.  Considering that all the models are battle models, it would be weird watching detailed characters knocking around the SD characters, which by then would look like voodoo dolls or something.

Keep up the good work!

P.S.  That picture (EmperorSteele's) should be topped off with Dio somewhere in it.  He is a certified Homersexual :erm:  if I ever saw one in an RPG.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005-05-10 03:12:07 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
This calls for a photoshop.... =P

:o

Thanks to you, I have to clean the soda up from the spit-take I just did. :P

Quote from: Reunion

Is it just me....or does Aeris have one too many eating disorders there? :wink:  :wicked:

-edit-
Ok, so first I mess up the quote tag...then, when I go to edit the post to fix it, something trips the circuit breaker and shuts my comp off on me! -_-

Sigh....Murphy's Law wins again....

Admin impersonator

« Reply #109 on: 2005-05-10 04:35:43 »
I'm sorry Reunion, but the project you've been working on can no longer be posted at this site.  Not only do you violate Eidos's provacy statement, but also its copyright.  This topic will be deleted immediatly.

--Qhimm (Administrator)

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005-05-10 04:47:03 »
Now wait just a darn minute.  What's going on here?  Now, while I suppose there is a minute possibility that Qhimm wanted to create a secondary account just for the heck of it (and if that's the case, then I apologize in advance for the accusation), I smell the stinky stench of someone messing with us.

Case in point -- the fact that Qhimm's account name seems to have spawned an extra comma, AND seems to be acting just a liiiiitttle out of character for the Qhimm we all know and love.....

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #111 on: 2005-05-10 04:49:02 »
It's fake. I suggest you just ignore the fake Qhimm posts until Qhimm deals with them.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #112 on: 2005-05-10 07:06:12 »
Quote from: Goku7
[...] AND seems to be acting just a liiiiitttle out of character for the Qhimm we all know and love.....

Whoa there, easy on the loving big boy... ;)

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005-05-10 18:35:46 »
Fortunately for you, I don't swing that way. :P If anything, I was using a figure of speach.

But, back to the topic at hand:

you say tow?? by your picture you mean toe as in his foot yeah... dunno just try puting the files in again...

looking like this..
l_foot
l_tibia
2 AAEC SIBD

r_foot
r_tibia
2 AAFC SIBI

The front part of the feet are missing on my install as well.  Furthermore, all the data is correct already.  I'm gonna try to put the rsd files in again and see if that helps.

Oh, and I just realized that all this time I've been using v1.55 of LGPTools, as opposed to the more recent v1.60 -- I don't know if that's part of the problem, but it installed everything else correctly....

-edit-
I think I figured out the problem.  Those rsd files you specified were never installed into the LGP to begin with.  I guess I found a drawback with the drag 'n' drop method.

I'm gonna see if v1.60 of LGPTools will have any better luck...

-2nd edit-
Ok, so I finally got the boots to show up in their entirety now.  I guess the problem could've been solved by manually adding them in using the "advanced" menu of LGPTools, but instead I decided to use Borde's original method.

And for some odd reason.....the Gelnika doesn't crash anymore..... 8)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005-05-10 21:39:57 »

The only thing I can really say is... s**t dude... Good work... Not checked here for ages, nice to know work is still being done :D

MOD EDIT: Don't quote pictures!!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005-05-11 11:54:31 »
Thx you to Reunion for this part. You were right about that this was not on there AAEC SIBD  AAFC SIBI and did not now now to get them there.Done now

looking like this..
l_foot
l_tibia
2 AAEC SIBD

r_foot
r_tibia
2 AAFC SIBI

Now Thx you goku7 for this

The front part of the feet are missing on my install as well.  Furthermore, all the data is correct already.  I'm gonna try to put the rsd files in again and see if that helps.

Oh, and I just realized that all this time I've been using v1.55 of LGPTools, as opposed to the more recent v1.60 -- I don't know if that's part of the problem, but it installed everything else correctly....

-edit-
I think I figured out the problem.  Those rsd files you specified were never installed into the LGP to begin with.  I guess I found a drawback with the drag 'n' drop method.

I'm gonna see if v1.60 of LGPTools will have any better luck...

-2nd edit-
Ok, so I finally got the boots to show up in their entirety now.  I guess the problem could've been solved by manually adding them in using the "advanced" menu of LGPTools, but instead I decided to use Borde's original method.

And for some odd reason.....the Gelnika doesn't crash anymore..... 8)

Iam sorry about the spelling last post tow!!!!! It the last time i post when im sleepy.
Here is the pics on the 2 pics 1 working and 1 not. So now he dont look like he got 2 peg legs
WORKING
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/Weeworks.jpg WORKING

NOT WORKING
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/notoeboots.jpg
NOT WORKING

Devorin

« Reply #116 on: 2005-05-11 21:18:49 »
Hey guys hows it goin?
Just joined and I love what you guys are doing, great stuff.
Wanted to say great job to Reunion for his awesome work, keep it up and I can't wait for the other characters.

P.S. I haven't had any problems with clouds feet, i hope you guys get everything figured out.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005-05-12 20:29:23 »
Hey Reunion, could you tell me where can I find a brieff descrption of the p format? I'd like to try some things and it would take me a long while to undestand the format by myself. :-P

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005-05-12 20:42:21 »
Why yes, Mirex and Ahlexx have great descriptions on .p files hope they can help you.
http://www.alhexx.com/descriptions/ff7_p.txt
http://mirex.mypage.sk/FILES/pformat2.txt

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005-05-12 22:51:58 »
Thanks Reunion! I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

xenocidaltendency

« Reply #120 on: 2005-05-13 00:56:39 »
dude... if I were gay, I'd let you have me.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005-05-15 00:38:12 »
I spent this weekend rebuilding Tifa and Barret...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005-05-15 03:39:13 »
Barret's shoulder still looks a bit out-of-whack.  See if you can lower it at all.  other than that, it's great, keep goin!

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005-05-15 05:00:18 »
I was thinking....after all the characters who already have battle models are implemented (presuming that you are going to try to do every last one), perhaps we may be able to make ones for the npcs by using one of the existing battle model conversions as a template, and changing the colors of stuff like clothes, hair, modifiying bone structures, polys/verts, etc. to make a suitable imitation of them, while still staying within the limits of what FF7 can support of in a model?

Ok, I'll admit that sounds like a lot of individual models to do.  But take a step back and think about this for a second: from what I can tell, there are only a few "generic" looking npc models that are seen in most towns in large numbers (I.E., like 4 or 5 models are responsible for the majority of the game's npc population), and therefore modifiying a few existing battle model conversions to cover those, er, "classes" of npc could cover, like 78% of the npc's in the game.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005-05-15 07:58:15 »
Reunion,

What you are accomplishing is just great! I wish you the best for your marvellous project's future and to thank you sincerely for sharing your impressive results with all the community.

Your taking a giant step ahead and I do wonder if you are not already collaborating with The Saint's project ? You two could accomplish something that I have always dreamt about! And I am sure I am not alone...Thanks again!   :love: