Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 424104 times)

Goku7

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #75 on: 2005-05-02 22:53:31 »
Quote from: Reunion
I don't think that will help much. All the characters use the same blinking texture. Besides that how will textures tell me what animation files are being used? The blinking is not an animation only a change in textures. I'm talking about the model movements...

Well, I had assumed that despite the fact that all the 3D-related data for models and animation are all in 138475498594 different tiny files, that they would have to some sort of reference linking them together that use to backtrack to what you needed to find, or something.  Since the only "animation" I can think of that cloud does when standing is his blinking, I figured the animation data consisted of two textures of his face, one with eyes open, and the other with eyes closed -- and because of that, I figured it might have been possible to search the animation files for any references that call for those to textures to switch, resulting in your finding the animation files.....but, I suppose it may not work that way. *shrugs*

Anyway, can you consider in the meantime releasing a lighting-corrected version of what was already uploaded?  Or do you intend to avoid doing that, so as to keep people interested in your final product?  8)  :P

Pandalicious

« Reply #76 on: 2005-05-03 14:00:22 »
you should make another release. maybe in an ffpatch or something already too so it's easier to install.

Beautiful_Intended

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005-05-03 14:54:06 »
How long shall we wait for it?When are you going to release it?

Good Job! :P

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005-05-03 23:40:03 »
Yes I will make a new release sometime soon but I just recently figured out how to raise the model up. So I am busy trying to bring Cloud up to where he should be. This involves changing all the animation files that cloud uses. Finding out what ones he does use is rather confusing.

To prove this to you guys I put cloud out on the wm and raised his animation frames up otherwise he would be sunk in to his knees.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/49191835.jpgSee he is up where he should be!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/b3a5728d.jpg

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005-05-04 00:48:45 »
Ah, excellent.  Now cloud won't look like he's about to phase through the floor anymore. ;)

And on a side note, won't you have to do this for not only every animation, but for every animation for every member of the party (assuming you're replacing the other members with their battle models as well)?

If so.....there's gotta be a way to automate the process of going through the files and adjusting it (some sort of code script or something)...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005-05-04 12:35:25 »
Well, now this is looking better. But sure it will take a long while to get the animations corrected. Anyway, great job Reunion.
By the way, are you going to release a tutorial about how to do what you are doing?

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005-05-04 15:35:16 »
Looking good.  :)

vdig

« Reply #82 on: 2005-05-05 12:23:49 »
I decided to register only because of this fantastic looking mod you got going over here.  It would be a bummer if you do not finish this awesome mod.  I currently have the hi-res Cloud as default in battle and have the psx music in place of the midi.  This would be perfect to add to the mix, as I have played this game countless times.  Good job so far!

A few technicalities will exist that you may want to address after implementing all the models.  Resizing so that Cloud & Co. are not 1.5X the size of the doors would be nice.  Another technicality that I dare you to fix is when going up the Shinra building for the first time, the SD guard is built into the video.  Can you fix that? (Probably not...)  And finally... no, the other posters have already said that.

Keep up the good work!

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005-05-05 18:04:58 »
Quote from: vdig
Another technicality that I dare you to fix is when going up the Shinra building for the first time, the SD guard is built into the video.  Can you fix that? (Probably not...)

Keep up the good work!

No, it'd be impossible from this end, as that's not 3D data being rendered.  The only way to do it would be to have the original source video files and editing equipment from SquareSoft, so that the video can be re-recorded with a non-SD model.

rmco2003

« Reply #84 on: 2005-05-05 18:28:35 »
you could always record a movie just as long with the new 3D models in place in a transparent background, and then overlay it on top of the old one and then re-render it.. that should work

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005-05-05 21:03:04 »
You'd still get interference from the original model beneath it.  You'd have to find some way to completely ERASE the model from the video and then replace it with the new one.

Even then, you run into the problem that you'd now have this big white space where the old model was -- and the new model may not successfully cover up all that white space, so chances are you'd get some noticeable artifacts on the new recording.  So its not just a matter of erasing the model, but now filling in the white space with what should be showing up if the model wasn't there at all (i.e., pure background), then place the model on it, then record it to make the new version of the video work.

rmco2003

« Reply #86 on: 2005-05-06 06:05:08 »
it's a lot of work, yea.. but it's possible

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #87 on: 2005-05-06 13:19:34 »
Yeah, unless you have good video editting software, it would be really hard. (to make it look good). Plus, its going to be upsidedown and backwards with most software so that makes it even trickier. Oh, well the video only lasts like 5 seconds and I don't think it matters too much. Any way REUNION! YOU ROCK! Keep up the good work... :)

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005-05-08 02:35:38 »
I can't seem to make a ffpatch that works most likely because the files not only have to be changed but added. I don't really know if a ffpatch can add files or not. So you will have to extract all the files and replace them yourselves sorry about that.

r0.2 with lighting!
Models included:
chair_sk (yes i just slammed him in it!! please fix)
clouds_sk
hei1_sk
hei2_sk
hei4_sk
n_cloud_sk
pcloud_sk
reifuku_sk
sd_hei_sk

http://venus.walagata.com/w/reunion/Reunion_-_Cloud_Hi-res_r0.2

As far as fixing the sunken roots in the animation files. It is simple enough to bring each frame up but it seems that some of the animation files are shared. So some ncp popup occasionally because they use the same animation file. I don't know any way around this problem...

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005-05-08 05:11:47 »
W000000000000T!!!!! :D  :wicked:  :wicked:  :wicked:

.....ahem.  Now, can someone kindly tell me WHERE these files go?  Obviously, LGPTools is used, but....do I just dump everything in field.lgp, or what? :erm:

Beautiful_Intended

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005-05-08 08:50:16 »
I want to know that...Would someone be kind to tell us something?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005-05-08 14:58:53 »
As the last time, just extract all the files of char.lgp (using lgptools), replace with the files in the zip and then create a new char.lgp with those files (again, using lgptools).
I don't think its going to be easy to create a patch which can make all the work. But, anyway, i don't mind at all if the final release needs lgptools in order to be aplied.
About the new problem with the shared animations, I think that's going to be problematic. Does anyone know what tells the game which animations are used for every model?
Your work is really amazing Reunion, but I seriously think It would be great you did a little tutorial explaining how to do all this. This way, others could work in paralel and .. who knows? maybe one day we could have a full set of higher-res models for this game :-P

OmegaWeapon

« Reply #92 on: 2005-05-08 15:03:40 »
Just wondering....

is the file supposed to be this "2 file" thing? It doesn't seem to be useful for anything....or maybe I just don't know what to do with it...but its not like the last one you gave.

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005-05-08 15:54:05 »
do you need to keep the folder structure?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005-05-08 17:00:03 »
I placed each model in separate folders just to keep thing apart. So no just copy the files in the folders and dump them in the char.lgp.
thank you Borde for explaining the this for them again.

OmegaWeapon what does "2 file" thing mean? are you talking about the folders also?
As far as I know an lgp can not have any folder structure anyways...

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005-05-08 17:49:54 »
I placed each model in separate folders just to keep thing apart. So no just copy the files in the folders and dump them in the char.lgp.
thank you Borde for explaining the this for them again.

Ah, I see now.  I kinda suspected that you were separating the different components, but wasn't sure.  I won't be able to test this out for some time (I "get" to be dragged around everywhere for Mother's Day :roll:), though.

Now that I know where everything goes....

Quote from: Borde
As the last time, just extract all the files of char.lgp (using lgptools), replace with the files in the zip and then create a new char.lgp with those files (again, using lgptools).
I don't think its going to be easy to create a patch which can make all the work. But, anyway, i don't mind at all if the final release needs lgptools in order to be aplied.

Borde, you're actually jumping through too many hoops.  Turns out you can simply open up char.lgp in LGPTools, and then drag 'n' drop the modified files into the program, and LGPTools will update the LGP directly with both the replacement files and (theoretically) any new files you've dragged in.  I did it this way when applying the first version of the patch, and it worked, so....

Just make sure you've backed up the LGP first!  :P

OmegaWeapon

« Reply #96 on: 2005-05-08 18:18:58 »
OmegaWeapon what does "2 file" thing mean? are you talking about the folders also?
As far as I know an lgp can not have any folder structure anyways...

When I downloaded from that link you gave..this is the only file I got.

Edit: Uh...well I found out the extension was a 2...instead of some other extension...so I changed it from .2 to .zip to find all these folders inside...(did this just now)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005-05-08 22:13:23 »
Ok, thanks for the simplyfiyng the process goku7. It's just that I thought someone said that using drag&drop was not working properly last time.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005-05-08 22:25:32 »
Hmm.....well, I just did a drag 'n' drop to apply the new version of the patch, so if there's any problems this version has that are being caused by the drag 'n' drop, I'll know when I boot up the game in a few minutes, LOL.  Stay tuned for edits that shall contain my results! :P

-EDIT-

Ok, I booted up the game after applying everything via the drag 'n' drop method.  The game is stable.  Lighting has indeed been corrected, although I do wish that Cloud's back could be a bit brighter, if it's possible to do that.

There is one thing, though:  The model is still not aligned correctly with respect to the field backgrounds.  Which means one of two things:

1.) I misunderstood Reunion, and the corrected alignment is not implimented in this release.  In this case I expect him to give me a big, fat "DUH!" :P

OR

2.) Something did not get applied correctly when I used the drag 'n' drop method.

At any rate, I would appreciate it if Reunion would tell us exactly what modifications are in each folder.  I have noticed that the same file keeps appearing in several of the folders....and I find that odd.  Maybe that's why Cloud doesn't appear to have the correct alignment? :erm:

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005-05-09 00:00:19 »
Sorry for the confusion but I didn't include any animation files in this release. As I said before some of the animation are shared and their is no way around this problem... so i can fix the animations but it only creates another problem...

same files?? they are all different accept for some of the feet they repeat because each folder is a complete model in itself...