Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704322 times)

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #700 on: 2010-04-09 12:03:25 »
Since latest release, sometimes when I open item tab, the program crashes:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at WallMarket.CameraPanel.NewTab()
   at WallMarket.Form1.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///h:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WallMarket
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///J:/DLPB/Welcome/Game%20Related/Games/Roms/PC_games/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20-%20PC/Mods/WallMarket121/WallMarket.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks
    Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.30214.0
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #701 on: 2010-04-09 12:08:10 »
I noticed that too. It happens sometimes if you're trying to modify text of an attack with an index higher than 127. I had hoped I would have that fixed before anyone noticed. :(

The work around is after you're done messing with limit text, select an Attack with a sub-128 index. Then everything would work correctly.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2010-04-09 12:13:51 »
I think this might be why my items got corrupted too.  I remember ignoring that exception last time and then saving afterwards....Maybe that did it?

[Regardless the missing letter and text corruption did exist before this release, but I am not sure in this fashion.  The problem with the corrupted missing letters might have been fixed and this new problem caused by the above problem?]

Also I didn't alter any limit texts...just command text (though this comes under attack so..)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #703 on: 2010-04-09 13:40:59 »
For future reference, I only need to see the Exception Text of that error box.

This error is singular to version 1.4.0. It wouldn't be causing any errors in your text. The only thing that COULD cause errors like that is if it weren't saved/loaded properly. I still don't know how to cause that.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2010-04-09 14:04:00 »
yeah I thought same but noted :)

It is a problem on saving probably, as the corrupted text appeared whilst I was in a game and was not corrected after I reloaded and I have yet to notice a fault until I load it rather than just before I save.  I will definately keep my eyes open.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-09 14:13:12 by Colonel Ramsay »

headlessgargoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2010-05-03 02:12:58 »
hey all, i guess this is the best place to put it. i can't run any of the versions of wallmarket.exe.  it says the program had a problem and needed to be shut down before the program really even starts. i didn't see anything like this on the forum searches i did. i'm running vista 64. if there is any information on what i may be doing wrong please reply. if you guys would need more info thats fine just ask. all i've done is downloaded and extracted the rar to a folder and tried to run it. i don't think there's an install or anything... but yeah just let me know. thanks!

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2010-05-03 10:44:19 »
Requires:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0 or higher (for WallMarket)

My guess is that your problem is related to the above.
NFITC1 would know better than me, though.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #707 on: 2010-05-03 14:06:46 »
Requires:

You are correct Seer of Shadows. If WM doesn't start then it can't find a dependency. These are the only two dependencies. Although the current .NET framework is 4.0 it should still work. I would call 3.5 the minimum to use all features and 2.0 the minimum to execute it.

headlessgargoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2010-05-05 02:59:13 »
my apologies for the stupid question, but many thanks for the kind answer. i shall try this and hopefully it will work. Thanks!

edit: works fine, cept this one bug, i changed the name of a weapon (nail bat to loveless with that one mod) and it won't save the name or the information that i apply to it. any reasons why?
« Last Edit: 2010-05-05 04:53:35 by headlessgargoyle »

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #709 on: 2010-05-05 10:40:20 »
my apologies for the stupid question, but many thanks for the kind answer. i shall try this and hopefully it will work. Thanks!

edit: works fine, cept this one bug, i changed the name of a weapon (nail bat to loveless with that one mod) and it won't save the name or the information that i apply to it. any reasons why?

hmm i might be able to help you but i searched everywhere but i couldn't find the option on how to rename weapons

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #710 on: 2010-05-05 12:40:51 »

You've probably got the text in the wrong mode. If it's in PSX mode then it will read text from the KERNEL.BIN text. If it's in PC mode it will read from kernel2.bin. If it's in PC mode, make sure you're creating the kernel2.bin as well as the KERNEL.BIN.

hmm i might be able to help you but i searched everywhere but i couldn't find the option on how to rename weapons

Double-click on the weapon name in the list. That works for everything on the tabs other than "initial data" and tabs after "Materia".

headlessgargoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2010-05-05 18:38:28 »
yeah i ended up figuring it out, though i got a kernel 2 editor called "teioh." it's ok but if yours saves kernel2.bin's just as well then i'll prolly just use yours. it has more options :) thanks for all the help.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #712 on: 2010-05-05 21:23:13 »
yeah i ended up figuring it out, though i got a kernel 2 editor called "teioh." it's ok but if yours saves kernel2.bin's just as well then i'll prolly just use yours. it has more options :) thanks for all the help.

Yep. WM has deprecated Teioh. I'd feel bad, but squall's still got Hojo and Loveless floating around.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2010-05-15 22:12:50 »
I have a request, if I may.

I'm working on a FFVII hack, for both PC and PSX. I created my Kernel.bin with WallMarket, with new descriptions and all, but it is a PC Kernel. Meaning that the descriptions are stored in Kernel2.bin. Hopefully, you still follow me :P

Now, I'd like to turn those into a PSX Kernel -- but alas ! As soon as I change the mode at the bottom of the window (from PC to PSX), all my text changes go away. It's pure logic really, since FFVII PSX has no Kernel2.bin. So, I tried to load my PC Kernel.bin with the PSX mode already enabled - but no : only Kernel.bin is read from, which means no text changes as well. Ultimately, all this just means that, for now, I'll have to type all my text AGAIN (which is a pain), to successfully turn this Kernel into a PSX-useable one.

My question is this : could you, NFITC1, with your awesome wisdom and all, implement a Kernel-text converter into WallMarket, so it can put the text stored in Kernel2.bin into a PSX Kernel.bin (when creating it or not) ?

If not (which I'd understand), I'll just get off my laziness and type my stuff again ;)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #714 on: 2010-05-16 00:57:10 »
My question is this : could you, NFITC1, with your awesome wisdom and all, implement a Kernel-text converter into WallMarket, so it can put the text stored in Kernel2.bin into a PSX Kernel.bin (when creating it or not) ?

If not (which I'd understand), I'll just get off my laziness and type my stuff again ;)

I've actually thought about this, but didn't think the demand would exist. It's simple to do and you can do it right now. Just not internally.

All you need to do is extract all the kernel pieces (from KERNEL.BIN and kernel2.bin) and delete KERNEL.BIN10 - KERNEL.BIN26 and rename the kernel2.bin10 - kernel2.bin26 to the ones you deleted. I believe they'll load in the exact same way when you load the KERNEL.BIN by pieces. Then your PSX mode will have all the PC text.
While I'm testing the new PrC AI features I'll look into doing this within WM. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2010-05-16 14:46:11 »
Can't believe I didn't think about that. Easy enough to do myself, thank you very much :)
So now, this function really isn't essential to me - I'd personally prefer that you looked into my new request, in the topic regarding Proud Clod :P

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2010-05-17 19:36:55 »
Uhmm I was wondering Wallmarket can also edit the battle text like the limit breaks right?? Can I change the colors of the text too?? Sorry for asking but this is the only thing I don't know to do with the program. :-\

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #717 on: 2010-05-17 19:58:35 »
Uhmm I was wondering Wallmarket can also edit the battle text like the limit breaks right?? Can I change the colors of the text too?? Sorry for asking but this is the only thing I don't know to do with the program. :-\

I believe so. This feature isn't well tested so please feel free to share your results. Basically, just change all the {BOX:RED} to some number like {BOX:0F} or something. Red is 02, but I have not idea what other valid options might be. If you play with this let us know what you find.

Oh wait, the color of the TEXT? I don't think so. Those {BOX:??} will only change the color of the window of the text that announces it's about to be performed.

EDIT:
Ha. I lied. I believe you can change text color by using {COLOR:???} tags at the beginning of the texts. Known colors (at least for field text) are "Gray", "Blue", "Red", "Purple", "Green", "Cyan", "Yellow", "White", "Flash", and "Rainbow".
Even then I'm not sure that you can change these in WM. The functionality doesn't seem to exist...yet.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-17 20:06:06 by NFITC1 »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2010-05-17 20:23:51 »
Damn it doesn't work and I've tried everything. I've tried {COLOR:RED}, {COLOR:Red}, {COLOR:02} and still major fail. Do you think there's something wrong??

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #719 on: 2010-05-17 20:45:16 »
Damn it doesn't work and I've tried everything. I've tried {COLOR:RED}, {COLOR:Red}, {COLOR:02} and still major fail. Do you think there's something wrong??

Yes. It hasn't been implemented yet. :P I think I just managed to get that working. Updates are pending.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2010-05-17 20:49:32 »
So you'll add this feature in your next update?? That's awesome!! I'll stick with the plain white text for the mean time. Can't wait! ;D

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2010-05-30 06:15:48 »
not sure if this is known, but i found a bug in 1.4 that causes the items and such to be unable to have their checkboxes changes (i.e. they are greyed out) if you go down to the greyed out limits in the attack tab and switch to a new tab (i.e. the items tab). this can be fixed by switching back to the attacks tab (another exception occurs), scrolling back up into the normally changeable attacks (currently borked), and switching tabs again.

exception is as follows:
Code: [Select]
   at WallMarket.Form1.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #722 on: 2010-05-31 00:28:29 »
not sure if this is known, but i found a bug in 1.4 that causes the items and such to be unable to have their checkboxes changes (i.e. they are greyed out) if you go down to the greyed out limits in the attack tab and switch to a new tab (i.e. the items tab). this can be fixed by switching back to the attacks tab (another exception occurs), scrolling back up into the normally changeable attacks (currently borked), and switching tabs again.

exception is as follows:
Code: [Select]

This is known and will be fixed in the upcoming release.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #723 on: 2010-05-31 03:23:28 »
Requires:

You are correct Seer of Shadows. If WM doesn't start then it can't find a dependency. These are the only two dependencies. Although the current .NET framework is 4.0 it should still work. I would call 3.5 the minimum to use all features and 2.0 the minimum to execute it.

you know it would not be to hard to port your program to Qt , then you can do static compiling and only need the exe to run it and get the added bonus of being able to compile it on windows, mac os , and linux w/ 0 code changes...oh and no need to buy ne more M$ expencive visual studio since both Qt, and Qt Creator (the IDE) are free and open source.

Armorvil

• View Profile
Re: Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #724 on: 2010-07-14 13:21:39 »
I tried to add the Dual status to my Poison materia, so that combined with Added-Effect, it would make the character immune to Dual. But alas, it doesn't work. A few seconds after being hit by a Dual-inducing attack, the game crashes. I think this is because in the Materia tab, only the Dual box is present - not Dual Drain.

Is it possible to add the Dual Drain box to the materia tab, or is it impossible due to how materia statuses work ?