Author Topic: Level 255 ? The legal way ? Anyone could do this...?  (Read 4530 times)

samourai23

• View Profile
Hi everyone !
I played the super hardcore mod gjoerulv created, and trust me, it'd be great to be able to go over the level 99 (better resistance and attack !)
So since I found how the evolution of the required EXP for the level works, could someone make it go beyond that limit and go to 255 ?
I'm a noob in hacking or "C" language, in fact I put it as a function:

f(n+1)(x) = gn(x) + 15n

Where n is the level actual, and n+1 the wanted level.

So... If someone can do it...
Thanks a lot !!!
« Last Edit: 2010-01-08 12:40:35 by samourai23 »

samourai23

• View Profile
Re: Level 255 ? The legal way ? Anyone could do this...?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-07 00:00:18 »
And if you can't do that...
Can someone do at least a graphic change, so the numbers beyond 99 fits ?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-07 00:21:17 »
And if you can't do that...
Can someone do at least a graphic change, so the numbers beyond 99 fits ?

dude, uhh, i don't know how personally but i don't think it would be to difficult, also, someone else will say this too but double posting is a big no-no in the rules (though i shouldn't talk...)

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-08 00:35:30 »
Yeah I know, sorry about that, but seriously, I never hacked a game directly (I say directly because I did a little with WallMarket) But I have absolutely no idea of how to do that....

So, I'm insisting here, can somebody just make this graphic change ? Thank you very much :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-08 03:10:59 »
You really want to use that as the calculation to the next level? That has the player getting 41,452,800 Exp to get to level 255. That's a bit on the high side, but it does follow the original curve. The problem with exponential functions like that is that they don't balance out very well when the scope changes. I'd think that 12Mil Exp would be more than enough for someone to reach level 255.

Is this the way gjoerulv made it? I've never tried a hardcore mod.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-08 12:35:27 »
Well you know, using ff7che software, I can change my level directly, so what I do actually, is to fight, and gain EXP and when I reach the required EXP for the next level, I just save and quit the game, go in ff7che and change the level.

I'm already level 178 with 14 millions EXP so trust me, this is not so long :lol:

EDIT: Oh shoot !! I made a mistake in my first post:

this isn't "it's great to be able to go over the level 99"   but   "it'd be great to be able to go over the level 99"

Sorry.

And so, I'm still asking if someone could do this (trust me, in hardcore mod in the north cave, with super EXP it goes very fast ^^ )
« Last Edit: 2010-01-08 12:39:59 by samourai23 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-11 10:57:50 »
I've never heard of anyone tweaking the game to make it go beyond 99. Even the primary stats are capped at 100. To be honest I don't see the point of raising the max level, other than for fun. As damage and defence relies on level, the game would be much easier if you're at level 255 fighting against a level 99 enemy. Even my mod is a walk in the park if you have every stat maxed out.

It would be fun to try it, but I don't know how much it would be worth in the end. And if you raise the level cap you prob also would like to raise the cap of the primary stats.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-11 21:34:39 »
Actually I just want to make the "255" fit, that's all, but since I have no knowledge in hacking, I'm asking if someone can do it...

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-12 00:20:05 »
well to do it for characters, you would likely either have to manually edit their AI with something that causes them to level up in battle (and give them a specific growth there, reading in the exp values of the enemies they kill and adding it to a global variable or whatever), making any level information they have in the main menu useless/inaccurate, which is likely what you do not want, or completely rewriting the game's level-up code for the party members (likely within the .exe), both of which would likely take a long time to do (you would have to find the data in the .exe first, and it could potentially cause issues elsewhere if the size was made to be larger, as you would likely have to repoint everything), and both having potential downsides.

enemies, however, can be made to go over level 99 naturally, and a level 255 enemy with 255 attack will be dishing out slightly over 30,000 damage (capped at 30,000 with the new damage cap) with a BASE power attack :-D. and if enemies and characters have the same level cap (255) it would make it harder to keep the game difficult, as the only real difference between your party and the enemy would be HP and abilities, while your party capping off at 99 means that enemies can be simply boosted a few levels, even with the same stats, to cause more damage (though to make them live longer, more def/mdef/HP would be needed, but that is besides the point :-P).