Author Topic: SOLVED: cosmo 95c problem  (Read 3547 times)

ProtoX

SOLVED: cosmo 95c problem
« on: 2011-05-24 16:27:42 »
cosmo 95c when i open it doesn't appear when i minimize it seems to be on the very far right outside of my screen. reason i'm asking is so that i can add my own sfx
« Last Edit: 2011-05-28 20:24:00 by Bosola »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: cosmo 95c problem
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-24 21:47:50 »
happened to me too.  I gave up bothering.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-25 02:11:13 »
i kinda wanted to give up on this... sat there and stared at the only instructions i could find for about 10 minutes:

Um this has been discussed like a million times but you open cosmo, it will open up off the screen.  press alt+f, left, down to "move" and press enter.  Then hit the left arrow key rapidly until it appears to the right side of your monitor.

then i realized i was kinda being daft. seriously, follow those instructions. i was hitting control+f for quite a while before i noticed. then sure enough, u can see the menu pop up to the side of the screen when u hit alt+f for the "file" menu just like in your browser alt+f opens the "file" menu, and then the left arrow key to enter the active window menu. after you've selected move (by using the down arrow key) and hit enter, use the arrow keys to move the window over til u can grab it with your mouse. :)

another issue is that cosmo itself needs to be your active window when you hit alt+f. since you cant see the window just make sure you have it selected in your task bar.

don't feel bad. it happened to me too. 

i never did see an explanation for this quirky behavior after install, but once you move the console it doesn't do it again (or hasn't to me). the program is super fast and easy to use once u see the actual GUI... getting the sound effects right once you start messing with it can be difficult, though.

« Last Edit: 2011-05-25 02:24:10 by Template »

ProtoX

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-28 19:01:41 »
i kinda wanted to give up on this... sat there and stared at the only instructions i could find for about 10 minutes:

then i realized i was kinda being daft. seriously, follow those instructions. i was hitting control+f for quite a while before i noticed. then sure enough, u can see the menu pop up to the side of the screen when u hit alt+f for the "file" menu just like in your browser alt+f opens the "file" menu, and then the left arrow key to enter the active window menu. after you've selected move (by using the down arrow key) and hit enter, use the arrow keys to move the window over til u can grab it with your mouse. :?:

another issue is that cosmo itself needs to be your active window when you hit alt+f. since you cant see the window just make sure you have it selected in your task bar.

don't feel bad. it happened to me too. 

i never did see an explanation for this quirky behavior after install, but once you move the console it doesn't do it again (or hasn't to me). the program is super fast and easy to use once u see the actual GUI... getting the sound effects right once you start messing with it can be difficult, though.
okay thanks dude that helped. now that my problem is solved can someone lock this plz

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-28 20:23:15 »
Thanks for reporting the issue as resolved.

Thread closed.