Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007768 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #3275 on: 2017-01-07 18:16:42 »
Alt + F4 is quit.  Nothing to do with tabs.  As for reasoning... it looks better and the quit menus are crap anyway.

9999 patch will need a few entries changing to make it look good with R04+ Maybe someone else can create a patch to add it back in.  Definitely not me :P

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 2017-01-08 14:53:12 »
Hey DLPB,

I'm having an issue with your mod, with the steam version of Final Fantasy VII. Just recently bought it, great mod by the way, and I used your mod before, once, with the retail pc version of Final Fantasy VII. Regardless, I'm having the same issue as the person that responded one page back. It's where, if the 60 fps option is checked, the game will crash. It complains about an unhandled exception occurring. I have no idea how to debug this, there doesn't some to be an error code. Music continues playing, but all I see is a black screen and the game crashes. Pressing ok to exit the dialog box for the unhandled exception, causes a generic windows error that says the application has crashed, and would you like to close it. If I uncheck the 60 fps option, everything works out great. I can't seem to find any other issues with your mod, the translation works, as do the new models. Also, the 60 fps option is a subset of the general new limiters option. None of that works either. I can't skip cutscenes with start and select and I can't slow or speed up the game with the specific button combination. I thought I should let you know, since maybe there might be others having this issue. Your mod did work great with the original pc release though. Do you have any suggestions? I appreciate any input, thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 2017-01-08 15:35:16 »
Are you using R05c?  Beacause according to The Reunion Database, that's when it was fixed.  But R06 will be using a more advanced approach to the 60fps battles.

As for speed up and down...  As per the help file, you are limited by the refresh rate of your monitor if vsync is on.  So Battles running at 60fps with a 60 hz monitor will already be at the maximum speed. Disable vsync for the game using graphic card control panel (I can't remember if Steam allows vsync to be turned off otherwise).  That should do it.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-08 15:37:18 by DLPB »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 2017-01-08 15:46:03 »
Hey thanks DLPB,

I am using R05c, if it makes any difference, this is the md5 of the executable: 9b45ff8d70a417d807566d9be2a88812. I understood that speed up was limited to the monitor's refresh rate. That's fine, I understand that. I wanted to also test out the slow down, that wasn't working. So I was thinking, that whole section about new limiters is not working properly. I could try to redownload R05c, from the first page, see if I get a different checksum. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, if that helps. I bought Final Fantasy VII on steam during the winter sale, about 2 weeks ago, give or take a few days.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 2017-01-08 15:52:14 »
Yeah, make sure that you are using default files. Put them all back in correct place and delete Backup-Reunion - OR simply place all default files in the backup-reunion folder and they will be the ones used by installer. If they are already the default files, it's fine.

If this bug still occurs, that will be strange.  But R06 should fix this regardless.

On the limiter... it won't slow down from 60 either.  At 60, it is 60 * 1 = 60.  The slowest it can go.  It multiplies this by a maximum of 4.

60 * 4 = 120. But refresh of monitor will make this 60 too.  So you will see no change at all with 60fps and vsync.

On other hand, if not using 60fps mod, you should see 15 * 4 = 60 (a 4 fold speed up).

Make sure that the correct key combination is being used.  Look at the config and set it up correctly if needed.

Also make sure that you are using Steam 1.0.9 version.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 2017-01-08 16:56:02 »
I do have the latest Steam version, 1.0.9. So I reinstalled the game from Steam and the mod, and still the same crash. When I first installed the mod, I checked all the relevant boxes, but the 60 fps battles did not work, it defaulted to 15 fps, but the game did not crash. I reinstalled the mod, knowing that it would use the default files in the backup folder, so I didn't have to uninstall first, and this time applied the 60 fps battles. And the crash occurred again, so I'm at a loss. Well thanks again DLPB. I'll look forward to your R06 release, hopefully it'll fix the issue.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 2017-01-08 17:02:48 »
Is the field centring working cause this sounds to me like driver file isn't being updated. Please reinstall... At the end do not click finish etc in the installer. Instead leave it open and navigate to dlpb-mods which will be in the root folder. Look at what all the logs are saying. Print the contents of hextedit.log and textmod.log here. I went to a huge amount of effort to have full detailed log errors so nay as well see if it helps.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-08 17:04:19 by DLPB »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 2017-01-08 17:59:33 »
Alright so I got all the log files. I'll paste them now.

hextedit.log
Code: [Select]
---------------------------
00-DLPB Code.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 868
Replaced: 0

No errors.

00-SetReunionMode.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 1

No errors.

01-Base.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 5976

No errors.

02-AF3DN.P.txt (..\AF3DN.P)

Changed: 2

No errors.

02-CentreSteam.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 127

No errors.

02-Limiter.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 1853

No errors.

02-NewBarColour.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 83

No errors.

03-Battle60fps.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 418

No errors.

04-Battle60fps-WithMain.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 3

No errors.

04-DefaultRun.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 4

No errors.

05-BattleFadeOut-Steam.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 14

No errors.

Strings.txt (..\strings.dat)

Changed: 95

No errors.

Weapon-Minigame.txt (..\ff7_en.exe)

Changed: 1455

No errors.

Time taken: 3.494s

1/8/2017, 1:54:01 PM

textmod.log
00_Weapon-Change.txt (text)

Files detected: 698
Files modified: 2

Replaced: 2
Changed: 0
Added: 0
Deleted: 0

No errors.

00-ChangeHE.txt (HE_in)

Files detected: 13
Files modified: 10

Replaced: 10

No errors.

00-ChangeText.txt (Text)

Files modified: 3

Changed: 6
Deleted: 8

No errors.

01-American.txt (text)

Files modified: 196

Replaced: 428

No errors.

01-FixedNames-Barrett.txt (touphScript.ini)

Files detected: 1
Files modified: 1

Changed: 9

No errors.

01-SwapXO.txt (text)

Files modified: 45

Replaced: 177

No errors.

02-Controller.txt (text)

Files modified: 52

Replaced: 180

No errors.

Time taken: 3.869s

1/8/2017, 1:53:57 PM

touphscript.log
No FFVII installation found
I found the last log file to be strange. I wonder what that one is all about. Of course I have a Final Fantasy VII installation. Huh.

Edit: Ok, so I just tried playing and now it works. What the hell?! Lol. That was weird. Yeah so the 60 fps battles are working. Even the FMV skipping works now too. I skipped the intro FMV, had a lack of music in the beginning but that's to be expected. You mentioned that the FMV skipping can be glitchy, so that's ok. I don't know what you or I did man, but thanks! I appreciate it! :D
« Last Edit: 2017-01-08 18:06:23 by TheDrifter363 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 2017-01-08 18:35:48 »
Well whatever was wrong first time clearly didn't happen the second time as the log shows. The opening fmv being skipped means the code that initiates music on a specific frame is also skipped. But some fmv skips will cause a hang. So be warned.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #3284 on: 2017-01-08 20:58:44 »
I'm attempting a new MO but it uses dlpb's original too. Mine is more of a menu re arrange

Credit will be given when release is available

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: 2017-01-09 21:40:43 »
Localization error (blin66_6).  Reported by Charlie Beer. Corrected by DLPB and Luksy.

Localization error / Japanese dialogue error. The Shin-Ra staff are explaining to Reeve that someone is at the controls, but we originally interpreted the scene to be Reeve explaining what he is being told over the phone. Two dialogues were, therefore, incorrect. The scene itself is poorly constructed, because Reeve picks the phone up, and the person on the other end has somehow gained the power of telepathy and knows exactly what he is enquiring about - and doesn't even bother to ask who it is that is calling. I've had to cheat a little to make this scene work well.

The scene is now as follows:
Reeve
“N-never mind!”{NEW}
“The Mako reactors’ ootput
  is increasin’ all oan its own…”
------------------------------
Scarlet
“What!?
  That’s crazy!”
Scarlet
“It has to cool down for
  at least three hours.
  Reeve,shut it off!”
Reeve
“I can’t!
  It’s not responding!”
“Sir,it seems that somebody has
  overridden the main controls.”{NEW}
“I’m afraid we can’t operate the
  cannon from here.”
Reeve
“What? Who could’ve…!?”{NEW}

The biggest problem here is that the response from the staff member is not normal or natural. In a real conversation, you don't just jump into a report with someone over the phone without at least asking who it is first. There's no introduction here.  I have added "Sir" and "I am afraid we" to make it sound more natural and also differentiate the staff member's text from Reeve's text better.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-09 21:47:04 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: 2017-01-09 22:31:38 »
Also from the interview with staff:

Tetsuya Nomura
I did hear complaints about Barret. I later asked why. … I think it had to do with the localization and translation not being very good. Ever since that experience, we’ve paid a lot more attention to localization. Back then, we weren’t very strict about controlling it. We just let the translators do what they thought was best. But it led to them adding and portraying things that we never intended in our original script. So since then, we’ve worked with the translation team to make sure the localization is as close as possible to the original.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: 2017-01-09 23:36:35 »
Is there a change log or list of changes since the menu overhaul?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: 2017-01-09 23:40:53 »
No.  Too much work to do all that.  Only thing I keep track of is bugs fixed on the Reunion Database.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: 2017-01-10 00:09:34 »
Welp  :-\ can you tell me if everything beyond but not including R03e has been script changes? Or are the bugs you are referring to something entirely different?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: 2017-01-10 00:14:00 »
The only documentation there is at all is on the Reunion Database. See first post.

rotschleim

• View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: 2017-01-17 02:42:12 »
Hi again DLPB, I have a question and a suggestion.

1. The "closed mouths" mod in The Reunion--does that remove mouths from characters, or give everyone line-shaped mouths? I wasn't sure what it did.

2. Do you think it would be too much trouble to add spells to the "incorrect names" part of Beacause? The spell names are a little to literal and dry for my taste, such as Status Null.

Thank you so much for your hard work. :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: 2017-01-17 03:13:20 »
No chance to number 2.  And I want it on record for others that this is the issue with giving options for canon.  It's gone from character names, to places, to further exceptions - and now requests for spells.  Soon monsters.  Then dialogue (actually, it's already happened at least once).  It's the reason there has to be a line drawn - and it's the reason I am a pig when asked to make compromises. This is no reflection on you, rotschleim.  It just needs to be mentioned.

This is a retranslation project at the end of the day.  You can use touphScript and Makou reactor to change the game however you see fit. :)

As for number 1. It creates lines for the mouths.  FF7 PSX didn't have any mouths at all most of the time, but I believe that to have been a mistake caused by lack of time.  It's hard to say.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17 03:17:56 by DLPB »

MasterVash

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: 2017-01-17 05:26:08 »
So, I just recently found out about this mod and I'm eager to try it, but before I dedicate myself to another 40+ hours of childhood RPG, I have a question about the translation.

I found out from this Reddit post that the story for the English version was butchered pretty bad and there was a whole lot that us westerners missed from the original story.  Jenova's role, the Nibelheim incident, Cloud's shattered psyche, the whole Zack clone mess, etc.  Does this re-translation try and make the plot more in line with the original Japanese one?  It's been a while since I played through FF7, but I do remember some of the plot points seemingly making little sense and some things never really being cleared up.  I'd like to know how accurate that post is, and if this translation addresses those things.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: 2017-01-17 05:35:11 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209227#msg209227

It's a complete update.  But before you do install it, I suggest waiting for R06. I am finalizing it as we speak and it won't be too long. It fixes a bug and one scene that we got wrong. It also doesn't edit any game files and allows you to simply switch the mod on and off. R07 will be the final version - but that's nearly entirely grammar fixes and box placements.

romangabriel

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: 2017-01-17 08:53:10 »
I struggled mightily trying to install this mod for the past few days with my '98 original CD Roms via 7th heaven on Windows 7 x64. Very frustrating  :'( :'(!  It would always crash at startup (followed the faq and used old version of 7th heaven), even if this was the only mod i had active and trying every exe file (ff7/mo/bc/). 

Finally uninstalled everything, clean installed with Tom's installer, and manually installed this mod in the (x86) squaresoft folder and it works like a charm.  Thank you for your hard work on this project.  I'm so glad that i did not waste my money buying the original discs.

If anyone else is having trouble with the Program Files x86/square soft folder, make sure you have full permissions enabled so that you can overwrite files.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: 2017-01-17 10:14:46 »
Won't be any need for that crap if my next installer does what I've designed it to do. And it will be able to work completely independently of 7th heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3297 on: 2017-01-17 10:26:31 »
Won't be any need for that crap if my next installer does what I've designed it to do. And it will be able to work completely independently of 7th heaven.

Dan, I always appreciate your work and look forward to what you have in store. But this reads as if our work over at 7H is crap. I may be reading it out of context, but...if not...hmm, I'm hesitant to speak my mind in case I'm reading this wrong :|

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: 2017-01-17 12:21:00 »
You've misinterpreted it.

"All that crap" is not referring to 7th Heaven - it's referring to this

"If anyone else is having trouble with the Program Files x86/square soft folder, make sure you have full permissions enabled so that you can overwrite files."

In other words, having to mess about overwriting files and so on. Which is precisely what my mod will avoid. The next iteration of The Reunion will do away with any need to overwrite files or touch any of the original files whatsoever.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3299 on: 2017-01-17 12:52:48 »
Gotcha ;)

7H does the same thing with memory injection, but it'll be nice having both options available.