Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837665 times)

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4250 on: 2016-10-09 17:10:49 »
quick question: fighting of the soldiers at the phoenix reactor, do i get a special (equipment) item everytime i fight them off on the "map" where you place those ally units? if i fight them off when they reach the shed, i don't gain anything. is this on purpose?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: 2016-10-09 17:34:53 »
For every Condor engagement, you only get the item if you defeat the soldiers using units rather than fighting with your party in the shed. However, the Phoenix one doesn't give anything so you can do it either way.

There is a special handler however if you have beaten every fort condor battle without letting them get beaten once (this includes when you're unable to reach Condor; you need to leave them some money to cover these inaccessible battles; they have enough to cover several battles at the start of the game but not every single one).

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: 2016-10-09 17:42:41 »
Wow, thanks for this fast reply. Good to know :-)

A final question though: can i replace Vincent with sephiroth? Does the nt game get buggy if I do this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: 2016-10-09 18:22:39 »
FF7 will struggle in general if Sephiroth is added in place of Vincent, especially if Vincent has been recruited and his data overwrites Sephiroth.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: 2016-10-09 18:34:00 »
Yeah, well, i can cope with this, but i will wait for an official solution on your side for recruitment then :=D

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: 2016-10-09 19:12:35 »
i just wanted to to try out the new dark cave sidequest please

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: 2016-10-09 19:15:51 »
You can try it when it's released later tonight.

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: 2016-10-09 20:20:14 »
Is there any actual strat to beat Curator ? I've searched here and on ID forum but found nothing. I've beat it through Shield abuse and burning 13 turbo ethers (2 mages for DPS) and 9 megaelixirs (4 or 5 of them to heal after rainbow beam), but it felt unsatisfying. The only video on YT is from april and it seems like it's way weaker with its attacks, but maybe the person focused on defense with his ranks. How does it compare to disc 3 extra bosses ?

Is there any reward for beating it (i assume no, given the no missables objective) or should i load the save prior to the fight to save my consumables ? I didn't get any key items that the guy on the mentioned video got and Curator respawned after i left the room he was blocking, it must be intentional, but mentioning anyway just in case.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: 2016-10-09 20:25:05 »
Is there any actual strat to beat Curator ? I've searched here and on ID forum but found nothing. I've beat it through Shield abuse and burning 13 turbo ethers (2 mages for DPS) and 9 megaelixirs (4 or 5 of them to heal after rainbow beam), but it felt unsatisfying. The only video on YT is from april and it seems like it's way weaker with its attacks, but maybe the person focused on defense with his ranks. How does it compare to disc 3 extra bosses ?

Is there any reward for beating it (i assume no, given the no missables objective) or should i load the save prior to the fight to save my consumables ? I didn't get any key items that the guy on the mentioned video got and Curator respawned after i left the room he was blocking, it must be intentional, but mentioning anyway just in case.

The key items weren't intended to drop from him (old Dark Cave scripts) so they were removed. There's no real prize for beating Curator, except for the chest inside the diorama room.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: 2016-10-09 21:18:51 »
how much more longer until Dark cave is released

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: 2016-10-09 21:46:17 »
how much more longer until Dark cave is released

Dude...you seriously have like, no chill. Dark Cave side quest will be ready when it's ready.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: 2016-10-09 22:20:40 »
i have found a bug,i think...

when i fight lambda calcule and i poisoned him and transforms into the spellcaster form, he is being healed by poison and is doing calcule clear in an endless loop.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: 2016-10-09 22:47:13 »
I'm about to upload the Dark Cave patch; I've added a fix for this Lambda AI issue too.

The way this is going to work is that, because of how temperamental this sidequest has proven in the past, I'll be keeping these patches separate to the current Hotfix ones. I'd recommend only using them once you're ready to take on Dark Cave:

It's unlocked on Disc 3, by talking to Dio after visiting the bottom of the North Cave once. Then head for Bone Village and head through the Sleeping Forest to find the excavation site, with the Cave up above and accessed via a hanging vine. The sidequest is still a little rough in places, so please report any issues with fight balancing, sound, or soft-locks/crashes.

Both patches are available from the front page of this thread and are both required to enable and operate the Dark Cave sidequest.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-10 16:07:54 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: 2016-10-09 23:25:57 »
hey

do i put the dark cave patches in the ff7 data folder

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: 2016-10-09 23:29:23 »
It's the exact same installation method as the hotfix patches; direct them to the FF7 Data folder.

nicoco59

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: 2016-10-10 11:27:43 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I arrived to the end of disc 1 in the game and saw you how you resurrected Aerith ;) But I would like to know if you created some special scenes since she is alive in your version ? (I just arrived to Icicle village yesterday)

I was a bit disappointed to see that she didn't appear during the conversation after the fight with Jenova, or when you arrive in Icicle Inn and check the tapes in her home, it could have been interesting ^^

Anyway I'm already amazed by your work, and really enjoyed those scenes in the first reactor (with the scorpion and jesse), Yuffie's recruitment ^^, and a more challenging game.

Ah and I didn't manage to unlock that safe in Shinra's manor, I have the fourth digit missing, but I don't know how to get it oO

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: 2016-10-10 11:56:40 »
here is the safe codes

Just to let you know this is right in the guides......
Spoiler: show

Right 36
Left 10
Right 59
Right 97
« Last Edit: 2016-10-10 12:28:28 by EQ2Alyza »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: 2016-10-10 13:36:51 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I arrived to the end of disc 1 in the game and saw you how you resurrected Aerith ;) But I would like to know if you created some special scenes since she is alive in your version ? (I just arrived to Icicle village yesterday)

I was a bit disappointed to see that she didn't appear during the conversation after the fight with Jenova, or when you arrive in Icicle Inn and check the tapes in her home, it could have been interesting ^^

Anyway I'm already amazed by your work, and really enjoyed those scenes in the first reactor (with the scorpion and jesse), Yuffie's recruitment ^^, and a more challenging game.

Ah and I didn't manage to unlock that safe in Shinra's manor, I have the fourth digit missing, but I don't know how to get it oO

Aeris will appear and has lines/script for every instance where other characters appear/have scripts; I tried to avoid any additional scenes where I could though, so there's no special handlers for the videos + Jenova aftermath, etc. She will react during the Nibelheim flashback up in the Whirlwind Maze and during the scene in Forgotten City where you see the White Materia on the waterfall projector but that's about it.

When entering the safe combination, also remember that you can't go past a digit otherwise it'll fail (just like a real safe, annoyingly).

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: 2016-10-10 21:04:26 »
I'm about to upload the Dark Cave patch; I've added a fix for this Lambda AI issue too.

The way this is going to work is that, because of how temperamental this sidequest has proven in the past, I'll be keeping these patches separate to the current Hotfix ones. I'd recommend only using them once you're ready to take on Dark Cave:

It's unlocked on Disc 3, by talking to Dio after visiting the bottom of the North Cave once. Then head for Bone Village and head through the Sleeping Forest to find the excavation site, with the Cave up above and accessed via a hanging vine. The sidequest is still a little rough in places, so please report any issues with fight balancing, sound, or soft-locks/crashes.

Both patches are available from the front page of this thread and are both required to enable and operate the Dark Cave sidequest.

Question to the revisited SP feature: When i hit 200+, each upgrade in rank removes only 100, not 200 SP. Is it a bug or a feature? :)

nicoco59

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: 2016-10-10 22:29:38 »
here is the safe codes

Just to let you know this is right in the guides......
Spoiler: show

Right 36
Left 10
Right 59
Right 97

Thanks :) I didn't play that part for a loonng time so I didn't quite remember where to check those numbers ^^ That "Right 97" was missing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: 2016-10-10 22:38:09 »
Question to the revisited SP feature: When i hit 200+, each upgrade in rank removes only 100, not 200 SP. Is it a bug or a feature? :)

Ah, I clean forgot. I'll update the flevel patch.

nicoco59

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: 2016-10-10 22:46:13 »
Aeris will appear and has lines/script for every instance where other characters appear/have scripts; I tried to avoid any additional scenes where I could though, so there's no special handlers for the videos + Jenova aftermath, etc. She will react during the Nibelheim flashback up in the Whirlwind Maze and during the scene in Forgotten City where you see the White Materia on the waterfall projector but that's about it.

When entering the safe combination, also remember that you can't go past a digit otherwise it'll fail (just like a real safe, annoyingly).

This is cool if you still added some dialogs for her in the game, I'll check when I'll have time to play this week.

For the safe, I'll try again later but I have to pass the Whirlwind Maze first.

That reminds me, the monster which appear after you open the safe was already super strong in the original game, I hope you didn't boost it too much ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: 2016-10-10 23:21:01 »
This is cool if you still added some dialogs for her in the game, I'll check when I'll have time to play this week.

For the safe, I'll try again later but I have to pass the Whirlwind Maze first.

That reminds me, the monster which appear after you open the safe was already super strong in the original game, I hope you didn't boost it too much ;)

The physical side should definitely be much more manageable; Lost Blow won't be hitting for 2000 damage. Magic Side should be OK as well.

Edit: Flevel patch up with SP fix; will update IRO tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-10 23:34:27 by Sega Chief »

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: 2016-10-11 04:42:26 »
I attempted the Dark Cave sidequest today and ran into some issues. Right before going into the cave to begin the quest, you are given a choice to either continue or turn back. When I chose to turn back, Cloud would run back but the game softlocked, and no further action could be taken. I tried this option twice and it happened both times. Also, after Barret tells Cloud to get moving after the gate in the Sector 1 Station opens (which also happens after the ghost disappears), Barret and Cloud both vanish and the game softlocks. Like the first one, I tried this twice and it happened both times. Has anyone else had these issues, or is it just me?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: 2016-10-11 07:16:10 »
I made several fixes to the dark cave prototype patches since their release but what you've ran into is an Fmv problem that happens if not on disc 1; the script should be loading this disc automatically on the steam version. Does this issue occur with the latest dk patches installed?