Author Topic: using q-gears for testing team avalanch data?  (Read 6418 times)

Cyberman

• View Profile
using q-gears for testing team avalanch data?
« on: 2013-04-17 00:44:11 »
It's been a while Akari what do you think of the practicality of doing that?
If one extracts the data ("normal") for FF7  and replaces field backgrounds with new media, what difficulty would it be to use Q-gears to test the new field data?

Unfortunately I've yet to make a working copy, that's not your fault it's the fact my drives are SATA interface with SCSI commands and most OS's don't like that (mutter) for boot up (especially Linux with the complex boot sequence they have now).

Cyb

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: using q-gears for testing team avalanch data?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-18 06:35:59 »
I would also like to chime in and ask how the project is going. I have a pretty solid background in programming and would be interested to get the most recent sources
build-able and running on my pc. wonders what still needs to be done

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-18 14:18:31 »
I would also like to chime in and ask how the project is going. I have a pretty solid background in programming and would be interested to get the most recent sources
The source is here, if you're interested.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-18 22:36:39 »
If you grab code blocks you should be able too load up and compile it from the source be sure to have the right version of ogre as well.

cyb

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-08-11 20:31:30 »
I'm not sure where akari is heading with qgears but it looks more like
  • convert ogiriginal data to ogre friendly format
  • run qgears on ogre files
I try to stick a bit closer to the original data using Ogres resource management etc so that one could run it solely on original data, in addition to necessary engine stuff.
Still I do implement loading of the file formats as I think is appropriate, and you would more likely want to check against limitations of the original games implementation?