Author Topic: FF7 Disk 2  (Read 3021 times)

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
FF7 Disk 2
« on: 2010-09-12 18:20:17 »
I haven't visited this site in a quite a long time, but I encountered a small problem, so I figured this would be the best place to solve it.

So, I decided to boot up FF7 the other day, when I made a shocking discovery: My disk 2 got scratched somehow, and some of the data on it is unreadable (flevel, and some of the cutscene files)!  Now, I figured that the game data would be the same across all three disks, so I was able to make a copy of flevel from disk 1, but the cinema files appear to be irreplaceable.

So here is my question: Are the cutscenes the only difference between the 3 disks? If so, does anybody know where I could get a copy of the disk 2 movies?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Disk 2
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-12 19:05:04 »
If you're using the PC version, just make sure to do a full install, and the ONLY files it accesses from disc are movies. Not only that but a number of movies are on more than one disc. Use the following guide to play movies from the hard drive:
# Create a folder called C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies
# Insert Final Fantasy VII CD1, copy all files from the movie folder to C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies
# repeat for each disk, so all movies from all disks are on your hard drive in the same movies folder
# Click Start, Run, type regedit, push OK
# Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
# Double-click on MoviePath and change it from "d:\FF7\Movies\" to C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\
# Push OK and close regedit
The only thing is, start with Disc 2. This way, any damaged files that are repeated on another disc will be replaced by the good version from Disc 1 or 3. I can't guarantee it'll fix EVERYTHING, but at the very least it'll make a difference.

Unfortunately, you (probably) won't get any help finding official files from the game discs here, as it's too close to piracy. If you've got the PSX version of the game, though, I'm pretty sure it's possible to rip the movies from there.

Micky

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Disk 2
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-12 19:23:58 »
AFAIR, other than the movies the only differences I found are in one of the midgar subway field files, and some extra folder which I think contains Sephiroth's big magic attack from the final battle.