Author Topic: Delphi source  (Read 2245 times)

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Delphi source
« on: 2005-05-30 18:25:47 »
Alright, I got cosmo's source (why couldn't it be C++?), and basically its a folder with all this wierd delpi crap. So what app/prog do I need to be able to edit it?ficedula said something about D4/D5 but I can't relate.  Can anybody help?

Synergy Blades

Delphi source
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-30 18:31:14 »
Well, you've answered your own question since you stated it was written in "all this wierd delpi crap" (careful, you're cussing!)

Delphi

So unless you wanna buy Delphi and learn it, looks like you're out of luck.

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
Delphi source
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-30 18:38:45 »
Hmm, guess I'll have to download it for "free". Are there any free ones (aka not illegally free).  Ex.  Microsoft *winces* Visual C++ studio 8 is like $$$.  However, Dev C++ from bloodshed software is opensource and free.

RPGillespie

P.S. Gosh, sorry, I meant poop...

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Delphi source
« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-31 12:35:39 »
I was poking around last night, apparently GNU doesn't have a Delphi compiler :-(

My understanding of Delphi is that someone took Pascal and made some enhancements to it.  I think that company owns the rights to the language, or something, and that's why there aren't any free compilers out there -- you have to go through them for the development tools.

Anyway, I should think This book would be a good investment for you.  It outlines how to switch from language to language with ease . . . basically, once you can write code in one langauge, you can write it in any language.  (I'd check around on the net, though . . . you can probably - er, most definitely - get it cheaper than what Amazon sells it for.  That's just the first link google spit at me.)