Author Topic: Kojima, Del Toro & N. Reedus "Silent Hills" cancelled & "P.T." removed from PSN.  (Read 3498 times)

Ragna

• View Profile
Now, it is confirmed, Konami is "D.E.A.D." ...
Now you can continue the drama brought up in this topic.

Will they bring up other old IPs, to then cancel such hyped up projects?
(please Konami, don't do this with Gensou Suikoden or Akumajou Dracula >:(, though Suikoden staff and Castlevania's Koji Igarashi are out... :cry:)
or... Will they create new IPs, pay the media to create hype, and then releasing some s***t and run away with the money?
or... Will they continue milking MGS, except this time without Hideo Kojima?
or... Will they try continue milking the outdated (since PS2) soccer PES game series every year?
(instead of upgrading the game/graphical engine and releasing a Master Version updateable through small/reasonable price DLC for new soccer seasons or free middle season updates)
or... Will they end up as Sega, or be bought by Square Enix Holdings?

Please, place your bets right here.

I think they will try all I've written above.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-27 17:03:13 by Artema »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
More likely they're going to try and lean on their slot machine business and just forget video games altogether. As it is, that's already where their big money is anymore.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Konami makes slot machines o.O

I'm sure Kojima is being head hunted by lot of studios, I'm more excited to see where he lands than how konami will try to cope with not having their genius game wizard to lean on

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Relevant: Konami is delisting itself from NYSE. Seems like the company is self-destructing.

I wonder if financial issues have been at the root of all of this. I'd not be surprised to see them sell off some of their IPs at this point.

Ragna

• View Profile
More likely they're going to try and lean on their slot machine business and just forget video games altogether. As it is, that's already where their big money is anymore.
Relevant: Konami is delisting itself from NYSE. Seems like the company is self-destructing.

I wonder if financial issues have been at the root of all of this. I'd not be surprised to see them sell off some of their IPs at this point.
Erm... okay, so they are not making such "big money", after all. :P Heck, if I had the money I'd be willing to buy the Suikoden IP so to at least make an HD cell-shaded remake package of 1, 2, and 3. :roll:

This image should be updated with a line saying "F**k us too":
« Last Edit: 2015-04-27 17:40:33 by Artema »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions