Author Topic: Current state.  (Read 107868 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Current state.
« Reply #150 on: 2014-06-02 15:04:37 »
im going to say no, because in order to work with the stock game data they will have the same save slot like they always have.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2014-06-02 18:10:25 »
Could we easily edit this though?

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2014-06-03 20:51:18 »
the initial idea, and I like it so I try to stick to it, was to have a drop in replacement for the original executable
so my priority lies with the original data, but the resource system of ogre encourages separation of serialization from the implementation of resource usage so it is relative easy to have multiple implementations of serialization meaning multiple file formats per data type
like there is a xml representation of the ogre mesh files or you can use png,jpeg,bmp ... for textures
so the ultimate goal would be to have it compatible with the native data and some more easy to edit formats
currently you can use ogre mesh files and ff7 mesh files (.hrc if I remember correctly)
but it is still a long way to go and there is currently not much development going on

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #153 on: 2014-07-03 12:20:54 »
well i found out why it won't import to launchpad .. there is some non UTF-8 stuff in the history or a referance to a non UTF8 filename in the history. it was suggested to me that the only way to get it to import would be to rewrite the history. i will most likley make a new "clean" repo out of what is needed so that it has a clean history.. hopefully soon we can get those dailys built.. on a side note q-gears will now be two packages one for q-gears and another for q-gears-test-data . the test-data will contain the output/data folder and will be needed for demoing untill q-gears works with stock data. or other way to do user import.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2014-07-03 16:29:29 »
Hello, long time no see  :)

How is q-gears progress going. Din you manage add something new features?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #155 on: 2014-07-04 12:06:51 »
i have not even coded anything :( . zero has done almost all the hard lifting. i have just be working on geting a daily built although not very much as i have spent maybe 3 hours in the past few months on it. once things around me settle back down i should have more time for my projects.

Edit: i have gotten the code to import !! we should have dailys working now!

People with *buntu (or a debian based distros ) should be able to install from myFF7-Daily PPA

When a Stable version is released it will of course be moved to myFF7 PPA

their are two packages you need to install
q-gears  this contains the engine ONLY
q-gears-test-data : this package contains the test data from "run wild"  you know for testing..

to install on *buntu
Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sithlord48/ff7-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install q-gears q-gears-test-data

@ akari , zerotacg: can we make the data path switchable like the config path ? end user should be able to select their data path so they can place files in *nix without being root . it would also make it easier to maintain several data sets
« Last Edit: 2014-07-05 01:01:59 by sithlord48 »

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2014-07-08 05:28:54 »
data path is configured in resources.cfg not sure if there is still some hard coded paths but thats where you can add paths zips etc where models n stuff can be found at least for the stuff that I moved to ogres resource system

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2014-07-10 22:14:18 »
Is there is a list of supported platforms? On Debian the Orge version is missing a couple of functions that we could easily implement ourselfs to get it building.

What about a task list of things to do for new people to start work? Or a basic doc that describes the code layout/architecture of the engine?

Its also not clear what you're supposed to do/run once everything is built to see something in action. Has the engine got support for the world map (if we had that list of things done/not done then I wouldn't need to ask ;)).

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2014-07-11 04:26:29 »
I totally agree, I'd be more inclined to add code to this mess if I could make more sense of it  ;)

Haven't tested the ubuntu repo but I definitely will give it a try, good to see it's finally running on Linux

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #159 on: 2014-07-12 03:37:33 »
paul what version of debian are you using?
   ogre 1.8.0 is needed to build and some extra libboost stuff .
Quote from:  control file
Build-Depends: debhelper(>= 7.0.50~),libogre-1.8-dev, cmake, cdbs,libois-dev,libboost-program-options-dev,libboost-filesystem-dev
they are ubuntu packages but should be named the same in debian. although versions maybe different

when you start q-gears press F8 to load up the data.

it would be very helpful to have those kinds of docs.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2014-07-12 13:24:02 »
Hello, long time no see  :)

How is q-gears progress going. Din you manage add something new features?

B... but the whole time, I thought YOU were the developer.... :o

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2014-07-13 14:38:01 »
paul what version of debian are you using?
   ogre 1.8.0 is needed to build and some extra libboost stuff .they are ubuntu packages but should be named the same in debian. although versions maybe different

when you start q-gears press F8 to load up the data.

it would be very helpful to have those kinds of docs.

Jessie - seems that the repo now has 1.8.0 :)

Do you think we could get some kind of wiki or somehow add pages to the source tree to serve as docs on github? Just something that explains:

* What platforms/architectures it supports
* Dependencies
* Supported compilers/tool chains
* Some sort of basic coding style doc
* Major features that deem the engine to be "complete" and their current state
* How to start hacking once everything is built, plus anything else required, e.g do I need the PC or PSX files? Do I need any files at all? etc

Edit: Still seem to have errors on this 1.8.0 version:

[ 65%] Building CXX object QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/src/data/QGearsHRCFileSerializer.cpp.o
/home/paul/qgears/q-gears/QGearsMain/src/data/QGearsHRCFileSerializer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void QGears::HRCFileSerializer::readObject(Ogre::DataStreamPtr&, QGears::HRCFileSerializer::Bone&)’:
/home/paul/qgears/q-gears/QGearsMain/src/data/QGearsHRCFileSerializer.cpp:130:27: error: ‘parseSizeT’ is not a member of ‘Ogre::StringConverter’
         size_t rsd_count( Ogre::StringConverter::parseSizeT( rsd_list.front() ) );
                           ^
QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/build.make:1894: recipe for target 'QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/src/data/QGearsHRCFileSerializer.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/src/data/QGearsHRCFileSerializer.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:201: recipe for target 'QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [QGearsMain/CMakeFiles/QGearsMain.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:123: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Of course adding our parseSizeT is easy.. but seems to not be a part of Ogre 1.8

To get it building on debian I had to make the following changes:

changed 3 instances of ParseSizeT to parseUnsignedInt

/home/paul/qgears/q-gears/QGearsMain/src/data/QGearsHRCFile.cpp:32:34: fatal error: common/FF7NameLookup.h: No such file or directory
 #include "common/FF7NameLookup.h"

from
#include "common/FF7NameLookup.h"

to
#include "../../SupportedGames/FinalFantasy7/include/common/FF7NameLookup.h"

Not sure where the main binary is yet though..

Edit again:

Finally figured it out, had to copy all of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.8.0/

to the "output" directory and the QGearMain executable to "output", then it would launch, if you didn't tell me about F8 I would have figured a black screen was all it could do though ;)

Final edit:

Started to add data to the wiki:

https://github.com/zerotacg/q-gears/wiki

« Last Edit: 2014-07-13 16:43:17 by paul »

zerotacg

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2014-07-13 20:17:24 »
you could check plugins.cfg and set the pluginsfolder to the ogre lib dir so you won't have to copy them over to the output directory or
on windows i let it at "." and add the ogre plugins directory to PATH so that the application finds them

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2014-07-14 12:50:07 »
B... but the whole time, I thought YOU were the developer.... :o

My last commit was almost year ago. Didn't do anything since that time. But I check sometimes how things going.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-14 12:59:26 by Akari »

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2014-07-14 22:16:54 »
My last commit was almost year ago. Didn't do anything since that time. But I check sometimes how things going.

Quite slow.. we need more people :) we also need the field op code reversing to be completed.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2014-07-14 22:45:44 »
Quite slow.. we need more people :) we also need the field op code reversing to be completed.

I wouldn't call Akari slow, as it is right now pretty much all there is (at least this version) is written by him....
 8-)

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2014-07-15 04:44:57 »

Which field opcode you need to be reversed? I thought I finished them off )

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2014-07-15 11:08:12 »
I wouldn't call Akari slow, as it is right now pretty much all there is (at least this version) is written by him....
 8-)

Indeed - I am saying current progress by Zero and myself is slow :)

Which field opcode you need to be reversed? I thought I finished them off )

I've been looking here for docs:

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes

Seems the red ones are not documented? I was going to work on creating the FF7 script to lua loader.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-07-15 15:53:48 »
Quote from: paul
I've been looking here for docs:

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes

Seems the red ones are not documented? I was going to work on creating the FF7 script to lua loader.

Oh! Year. Most of them are not in first mission scripts and some of them are not well reversed (like movie opcodes). I thiught to add them when I will add following feature but I never did (

I can help you with reversing since I seems the only one who can understand my notes in reversing folder ))

By the way did you see my ffvii field dat dumper in utilites folder? It export native binary script to almost lua )))

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2014-07-15 17:38:48 »
Excellent, I'll take a look. At the moment I'm updating the code to work on Ogre 1.9 - just need to fix a linking issue with overlays/fonts.

Is there any code already to get field images too? It would be good to get native field images and scripts working, then it would be possible to explore most of the game.

Also out of interest is there anything for FF9 fields and scripts?

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2014-07-15 18:01:34 »
Excellent, I'll take a look. At the moment I'm updating the code to work on Ogre 1.9 - just need to fix a linking issue with overlays/fonts.

Is there any code already to get field images too? It would be good to get native field images and scripts working, then it would be possible to explore most of the game.

Also out of interest is there anything for FF9 fields and scripts?

My dumper also dumps background images and animations (including palette animations).

FFIX mostly unknown. You can look at FFIX dumpers in util ditectory. It can dump walkmesh, models with animations but no more. And even this features are not well supported.

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2014-08-03 00:45:31 »
I've taken to trying to get the world map working, got it rendering with PC textures so far. Code needs a refactoring though as I've just hacked it together to get it working.

I'll do this after I get world map models loaded in and some other bits.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #172 on: 2014-08-04 16:07:16 »
looks great!

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2014-08-04 20:19:34 »
Great progress, loving that FPS in world map  ;D
By the time qgears is done, the whole original engine would be totally reversed. That's crazy to think about

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2014-08-04 20:49:07 »
Need people to reverse:

1. Animated world map textures, its pretty static and dead at the moment
Nothing known..

2. World map scripts
Some info here: https://github.com/paulsapps/ff7tools/blob/master/ff7/world.py
This is reading script from txz which has textures, sounds and script. In PC its in .ev file which apparently is the same data as in txz script section.

3. The encounter data from the enc_w.bin
Some info here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13560.0

I think that should be everything to fully implement WM