Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4896644 times)

SunnyD

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3850 on: 2016-06-25 15:57:11 »
How much HP does each part of Protoroth have? I wouldn't normally ask, I just uh..messed up because I only sent Cloud and Aeris together so I only have a party of 2 to deal with him. I managed to chip off around 120 thousand from Type C before I died.

148,000 HP each I believe.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: 2016-06-25 21:42:21 »
148,000 HP each I believe.

Whew, thanks. Managed to get through it.

Edit: I've found that the game can soft lock if you visit Priscilla's house as Tifa. Haven't tried with Cid but I assume it'd be the same.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-26 18:55:34 by Murasame »

hank87364

• View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: 2016-06-26 21:01:51 »
Sega Chief - firstly want to say, excellent mod. I never dipped my toes much into the modding community for any game besides Elder Scrolls before, and even then it was mostly just for cosmetic changes. I never was a fan of content overhauls. However, I can safely say that your New Threat Mod changed that. This is by far the best mod I've played. With FFVII being my favorite game of all time, it was great getting to experience a somewhat new, fresh take on the game I've loved since 1997 when I was 8 years old. So thanks for that and keep up the excellent work! :)

Now onto a couple questions - I started this back in Q3/4 of 2015 and finally got to Disc 3/Northern Crater which has unlocked a lot of the new content. So I'm on NT 1.35 Sept 2015. It was challenging throughout, but now it seems like no matter where I go, or who I fight, I'm getting my ass kicked. Zack? Destroyed. Protoroth? Same. Aeris/Mimic? Can't do enough damage. I went to check out some videos to see if I could get any hints on how people are tackling these, and ran across people with what seems like a 2-3 times more max HP than I do. Is there an HP Plus materia in this version? It feels like I'm super weak for being ~Level 60.

My Cloud has got around 3000HP with little to no magic materia equipped. Aeris, my main magic user (plus I like using her because of the fact you can't use her this deep into the main game) - little over 1500... Tifa has about 2000. I'm almost getting one-shotted by some of these guys, and things still aren't much better when everyone's in the back row depressed.

Am I doing something wrong here (besides everything)? It doesn't feel like I'm nearly strong enough to take on anything, and levels don't seem to do much. Any advice on where to go/how to get stronger at the end game. Also, is there any issue with upgrading my version to 1.4 from 1.35?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: 2016-06-26 22:00:28 »
Whew, thanks. Managed to get through it.

Edit: I've found that the game can soft lock if you visit Priscilla's house as Tifa. Haven't tried with Cid but I assume it'd be the same.

Thanks for the reminder; I'll fix that just now before it slips my mind again.

Sega Chief - firstly want to say, excellent mod. I never dipped my toes much into the modding community for any game besides Elder Scrolls before, and even then it was mostly just for cosmetic changes. I never was a fan of content overhauls. However, I can safely say that your New Threat Mod changed that. This is by far the best mod I've played. With FFVII being my favorite game of all time, it was great getting to experience a somewhat new, fresh take on the game I've loved since 1997 when I was 8 years old. So thanks for that and keep up the excellent work! :)

Now onto a couple questions - I started this back in Q3/4 of 2015 and finally got to Disc 3/Northern Crater which has unlocked a lot of the new content. So I'm on NT 1.35 Sept 2015. It was challenging throughout, but now it seems like no matter where I go, or who I fight, I'm getting my ass kicked. Zack? Destroyed. Protoroth? Same. Aeris/Mimic? Can't do enough damage. I went to check out some videos to see if I could get any hints on how people are tackling these, and ran across people with what seems like a 2-3 times more max HP than I do. Is there an HP Plus materia in this version? It feels like I'm super weak for being ~Level 60.

My Cloud has got around 3000HP with little to no magic materia equipped. Aeris, my main magic user (plus I like using her because of the fact you can't use her this deep into the main game) - little over 1500... Tifa has about 2000. I'm almost getting one-shotted by some of these guys, and things still aren't much better when everyone's in the back row depressed.

Am I doing something wrong here (besides everything)? It doesn't feel like I'm nearly strong enough to take on anything, and levels don't seem to do much. Any advice on where to go/how to get stronger at the end game. Also, is there any issue with upgrading my version to 1.4 from 1.35?

The 1.35 build had a serious problem with MaxHP; it wasn't high enough. I tried to address it in a patch, assuming that it would behave in the same way as EXP, but unfortunately it wasn't the case and people were still being left with sub-3000HP after equipping their Materia. The intended max was 5000-7000; it is possible to beat these bosses with the original 1.35 HP but it needs serious preparation and some knowledge of the enemy attacks, AI, etc.

So you're not doing anything wrong, it's a balance problem with that particular version. As for a solution, the only viable one is to use a save editor and either add roughly 2000 MaxHP to each character or to add in some Mastered HP Plus Materia to raise their HP; if doing this though, make sure to do it while the game's Launcher is open and to then load the edited save file(s) and re-save with them in order to get around the Steam version's bizarre save-verification. I can provide detailed info on specific bosses too if you like.

hank87364

• View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: 2016-06-27 01:49:00 »
The 1.35 build had a serious problem with MaxHP; it wasn't high enough. I tried to address it in a patch, assuming that it would behave in the same way as EXP, but unfortunately it wasn't the case and people were still being left with sub-3000HP after equipping their Materia. The intended max was 5000-7000; it is possible to beat these bosses with the original 1.35 HP but it needs serious preparation and some knowledge of the enemy attacks, AI, etc.

So you're not doing anything wrong, it's a balance problem with that particular version. As for a solution, the only viable one is to use a save editor and either add roughly 2000 MaxHP to each character or to add in some Mastered HP Plus Materia to raise their HP; if doing this though, make sure to do it while the game's Launcher is open and to then load the edited save file(s) and re-save with them in order to get around the Steam version's bizarre save-verification. I can provide detailed info on specific bosses too if you like.

Thanks for the heads up - my next question was which FFVII save editor, and how does one go about using it, but downloading the Black Chocobo save editor and making those changes was very simple and straightforward.

I'll give some of the bosses another shot now that I don't get killed in one hit, or have to focus entirely on reviving/healing every turn. I'll let you know how it goes and if I need any tips.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: 2016-06-27 16:34:03 »
I'm new to the modding community and since i found this one iv'e been extremely excited to see all it has to offer. However, I have the most up to date version, nothing can be updated with what is said to fix the scorpion in the church, yet Aerith is still bashing her head into that thing for hours on end. Is there something i have done wrong or is there another fix?
Thanks in advance.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: 2016-06-27 18:56:53 »
Any reason my kalm traveler just tells me stuff about meteor? Are there prereqs for traveler battles?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: 2016-06-27 19:15:25 »
I'm new to the modding community and since i found this one iv'e been extremely excited to see all it has to offer. However, I have the most up to date version, nothing can be updated with what is said to fix the scorpion in the church, yet Aerith is still bashing her head into that thing for hours on end. Is there something i have done wrong or is there another fix?
Thanks in advance.

I figured this out recently; the main installer as-is does not have the Scorpion in it, but the flevel patch accidentally adds it in. Apparently one of the two dialogue options prior to the soft-lock will have her not run into the scorpion, but a safer method is to run the Main Installer again (overwriting the flevel patch) then re-apply the patch once you're past this scene. I should have put a replacement flevel patch up by now but I kept trying to get the new sidequest finished first.

Any reason my kalm traveler just tells me stuff about meteor? Are there prereqs for traveler battles?

The new pre-req is to reach the bottom of the North Cave (setting the game moment variable to 1998 which was used as the trigger for a lot of the Disc 3 stuff) and then returning. I'll likely remove this requirement for the next patch, along with some others.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: 2016-06-27 20:41:11 »
Ok perfect, that worked, but I now have the earth harp and rose but kalm doesn't take them? Says I don't have em?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: 2016-06-27 20:44:23 »
Is the flevel patch applied? There was a renovation for that event a while ago. If the patch is applied and it isn't working, then I'll get it sorted out.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: 2016-06-27 21:04:33 »
I did a fresh install of 1.4, would the flevel come with that?

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: 2016-06-27 21:14:22 »
I even applied the flevel patch as well, still nothing on the kalm

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: 2016-06-27 21:36:58 »
Also, was the bone village sidequest taken out? It's not there for me.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: 2016-06-27 21:48:21 »
I could be misunderstanding, but I installed this 2 days ago, and all i did was run the main installer. I never applied a patch manually, and now if i run the flevel patch, it says there's nothing to update, which is the same outcome from running the main installer again. I apologize if I'm a bit illiterate in this kind of thing, but I REALLY hope to get the help I need to make this work.

« Last Edit: 2016-06-27 21:50:50 by Soulofsteel »

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: 2016-06-27 22:16:34 »
Also only have 3 boss battles at arena, so where do I get heavens cloud, ribbons etc?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: 2016-06-28 06:13:16 »
I even applied the flevel patch as well, still nothing on the kalm

Then it seems that I'll need to

Also, was the bone village sidequest taken out? It's not there for me.

Bone village sidequest? You mean digging for items? That wasn't touched, so it should still be there. Unless you mean the Dark Cave sidequest that's nearby; that's been deactivated for an overhaul.

If the Kalm Traveler isn't accepting items then I guess it means that fix wasn't in the flevel patch that was uploaded; I'm long overdue to make a new set of patches, so expect to see them up by tonight with numerous fixes.

I could be misunderstanding, but I installed this 2 days ago, and all i did was run the main installer. I never applied a patch manually, and now if i run the flevel patch, it says there's nothing to update, which is the same outcome from running the main installer again. I apologize if I'm a bit illiterate in this kind of thing, but I REALLY hope to get the help I need to make this work.

That sounds unusual, as the current Main Installer flevel should be different from the flevel hotfix patch one. I'm about to make a new flevel patch anyway, so if this new one that's going up can't be installed either then I'll organise a more direct fix for your game.

Also only have 3 boss battles at arena, so where do I get heavens cloud, ribbons etc?

These weapons are now morphed from the North Crater enemies like Iron Giant, King Behemoth, etc. One of the weapons is stolen, the other is morphed; word of warning though, you might want to use a Sneak glove to have a better chance at getting the steal weapon as the level difference makes it tough to get. The Morph can also be tricky due to the high enemy HP; I've got a plan to implement that'll make this easier to do though.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: 2016-06-28 06:29:41 »
Where is morph??? Did I completely miss it lol?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: 2016-06-28 06:52:46 »
Morph was in Aeris' garden, by her house where Cover used to be. You can still get it if you dig up the Sector 5 key from Bone Village, then access Midgar from the ground.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: 2016-06-28 21:04:52 »
Putting the flevel patch together for tonight. I've been fixing things over the last few weeks but not keeping a note on it;

-) Prior to Junon Raid, player can equip Barret, Cait Sith, and Yuffie altogether so they don't need to do it later.
-) Added proper Save Point + Shop option (instead of Rank Up for this specific save point only) to Junon Raid when Yuffie joins.
-) Fixed the Rocket Town cutscene skip options (options had opposite intended effects)
-) Lost & Found NPC on Highwind updated with correct battle (to activate Cloud's Innate) + key items
-) Various typos fixed in scenes
-) Adjusted volume on sound effects on Mako Cannon scene
-) Fort Condor Teleport NPC's money check script (finally) fixed
-) Ziegfried encounter on field screen
-) Game no longer softlocks when visiting Priscilla with Tifa or Cid as party leader on Disc 3
-) Requirement to start Kalm Traveler sidequest returned to original
-) Various text alignments using max-length names to avoid text-box problems with long custom names (likely more to be made, but all reported instances should be fixed now)
-)  The scorpion has finally been eradicated from the church, for real this time
-) Micro Engine drop added to Love Buster; is also available from Lost & Found NPC on Highwind if enemy was already killed
-) Gold Chocobo script enabled
-) Unequip party member options removed from late-game to prevent loss of Materia
-) Changed the Fort Condor 'all battles won' prize to something worthwhile
-) Item checks for crafting Ultimate Weapons scoured and should be working now

That's what I've done today anyway + could remember from before. If I've missed anything/not mentioned it, then let me know so I can check if it was fixed or not. The patch will be generated and uploaded a few hours from now to give people some time to report unmentioned bugs/make quick suggestions. I'll be trialing some early access to Materia like Added Cut and Slash-All to see if a hybrid build can be utilised earlier in the game; I've an idea for how it could work.

Plan for the scene.bin/enemy patch
-) Implement Morph plan for North Crater enemies (if this fails, I'll re-work it so that one weapon is a drop and the other is a steal).
-) SP Gained text removed from all Midgar enemies (done)
-) Hojo overhaul (in progress)
-) Various boss overhauls/tweaks based on playthrough; Lambda Calcule, Gi Kattan, and COMMANDO squad affected (done)
-) Adjust enemy strength of Junon League Bracket #1 so it can be challenged properly on Disc 1 after getting the buggy (rewards will be adjusted accordingly, with something from each enemy as well).
-) Adjust SP script for all enemies above Lv.44 so that they can work with the Level Synch
-) Corel Train adjustment
-) SOLDIER & COMMANDO enemies had their AI and attacks overhauled so they have some consistency/more attack options
-) Wrong attack issue on Hungry enemy
-) Final Battle (alt) tuned for a solo character, rather than 2 like it was originally.

This might be a couple of days, the 2nd and 3rd Hojo scripts are being rewritten from the ground up. Again, if I haven't mentioned something then let me know.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: 2016-06-28 21:31:06 »
Putting the flevel patch together for tonight. I've been fixing things over the last few weeks but not keeping a note on it;

-) Prior to Junon Raid, player can equip Barret, Cait Sith, and Yuffie altogether so they don't need to do it later.
-) Added proper Save Point + Shop option (instead of Rank Up for this specific save point only) to Junon Raid when Yuffie joins.
-) Fixed the Rocket Town cutscene skip options (options had opposite intended effects)
-) Lost & Found NPC on Highwind updated with correct battle (to activate Cloud's Innate) + key items
-) Various typos fixed in scenes
-) Adjusted volume on sound effects on Mako Cannon scene
-) Fort Condor Teleport NPC's money check script (finally) fixed
-) Ziegfried encounter on field screen
-) Game no longer softlocks when visiting Priscilla with Tifa or Cid as party leader on Disc 3
-) Requirement to start Kalm Traveler sidequest returned to original
-) Various text alignments using max-length names to avoid text-box problems with long custom names (likely more to be made, but all reported instances should be fixed now)
-)  The scorpion has finally been eradicated from the church, for real this time
-) Micro Engine drop added to Love Buster; is also available from Lost & Found NPC on Highwind if enemy was already killed
-) Gold Chocobo script enabled
-) Unequip party member options removed from late-game to prevent loss of Materia
-) Changed the Fort Condor 'all battles won' prize to something worthwhile
-) Item checks for crafting Ultimate Weapons scoured and should be working now

That's what I've done today anyway + could remember from before. If I've missed anything/not mentioned it, then let me know so I can check if it was fixed or not. The patch will be generated and uploaded a few hours from now to give people some time to report unmentioned bugs/make quick suggestions. I'll be trialing some early access to Materia like Added Cut and Slash-All to see if a hybrid build can be utilised earlier in the game; I've an idea for how it could work.

Plan for the scene.bin/enemy patch
-) Implement Morph plan for North Crater enemies (if this fails, I'll re-work it so that one weapon is a drop and the other is a steal).
-) SP Gained text removed from all Midgar enemies (done)
-) Hojo overhaul (in progress)
-) Various boss overhauls/tweaks based on playthrough; Lambda Calcule, Gi Kattan, and COMMANDO squad affected (done)
-) Adjust enemy strength of Junon League Bracket #1 so it can be challenged properly on Disc 1 after getting the buggy (rewards will be adjusted accordingly, with something from each enemy as well).
-) Adjust SP script for all enemies above Lv.44 so that they can work with the Level Synch
-) Corel Train adjustment
-) SOLDIER & COMMANDO enemies had their AI and attacks overhauled so they have some consistency/more attack options
-) Wrong attack issue on Hungry enemy
-) Final Battle (alt) tuned for a solo character, rather than 2 like it was originally.

This might be a couple of days, the 2nd and 3rd Hojo scripts are being rewritten from the ground up. Again, if I haven't mentioned something then let me know.

Nice work, SC! The dedication to this project is awesome as always.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: 2016-06-29 00:40:59 »
Nice work, SC! The dedication to this project is awesome as always.

Cheers, bud :3

That's the flevel patch up.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: 2016-06-29 01:10:53 »
SC, are you still doing the steal formula changes to make endgame steals more realistic?  I didn't see anything in the flevel bit about that

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun and that's for the scene patch!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: 2016-06-29 01:33:15 »
Steal stuff is indeed for the scene patch.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: 2016-06-29 01:51:48 »
Seriously one of the hardest workers I've seen. Response time and coverage and everything, I'm actually a technician for Apple and the support I get from my own company is not this efficient, they need to take some notes.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: 2016-06-29 01:59:15 »
Also earlier I commented on the bone village side quest, I was talking about the sleeping forest sidequest where you climb up the vine