Author Topic: Xenogears -Student Edition  (Read 4390 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Xenogears -Student Edition
« on: 2010-03-16 21:03:44 »
Hello all I have a few questions for my nerdy friends. First off I am looking to "REMAKE" Xenogears plain and simple and I was wondering if you guys know of ANY free/paid engine that would be the most accurate rotating cameras and all. Now I know about QGEARS but I'm not really interested in that as I am just doing this for a hobby. Just to be even clearer I will not be releasing it on these forums (unless requested). Ideal for beginners of course would be preferable also again I am just doing this to learn modeling/texturing so I am not asking for anything other than advice. THANKS!

P.S I made out with an emo goth last night and I like Sephiroth.  ;)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Xenogears -Student Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-16 21:07:52 »
if you wanna learn modeling/texturing, do some work for team avalanche :P

Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-16 21:13:21 »
I have to warn you, though; Timu's plan is to bribe all the girls with his cakes, so they'll do the hard 3D stuff for him. :D

Plus Sephiroth is already taken. Big fangirlfight, last night. ;D

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-16 21:15:30 »
Yeah I helped "a little" but it seems the background stuff is outta my league...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-16 21:18:51 »
well thers background stuff, as well as monsters, and other battle graphics, and field graphics, thers a whole lot to do

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-16 21:27:55 »
Forgive me if I am wrong but MOST of what you mentioned are prerenderd as I am no good at modeling just yet it seems I can be of no use. As for xenogears they use 2d sprites with very basic environment I think will be ideal for me to learn on...Plus I like Xenogears moar :P

Seppy's MY man we will have to fight to the death! 

Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-16 21:32:26 »
Seppy's MY man we will have to fight to the death! 

There were already two vicious grrrrls fighting over him. Very ugly. No man should have to witness such a bloodbath. :D

Seriously though, as to the akshual question; sorry, no idea. :-\

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-16 21:37:56 »
i honestly know noething of xenogear, but 2d sprites have nothing to do with 3d models n textures, unless you wanna remake the game 3d style. Also, the only prerendered thing in ff7 i s the backgrounds and the fmvs. Battle models, field models, are just meshes with textures.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-17 02:25:20 »
Plus Sephiroth is already taken. Big fangirlfight, last night. ;D

And I clearly won.

There were already two vicious grrrrls fighting over him. Very ugly. No man should have to witness such a bloodbath. :D

You hypocrite! You asked for videos of the fight. :P
« Last Edit: 2010-03-17 02:27:42 by Chocobo_Girl »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-17 03:11:02 »
D33eniz was working on a custom 3d FF7 game a while back... you might want to search threads that he has started and see if there's any info on it..

Or just PM him

Jari

« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-17 05:21:19 »

You hypocrite! You asked for videos of the fight. :P

Only to post on youtube for lulz as a cautionary tale about dangers of being goth emo... how did the rest go? I forget.

No other reason. Oh, look! A real chocobo over there!

*runs away*