Author Topic: FF7 - Windows 7 Issue (Pertaining to Mods) - Has this been addressed?  (Read 5865 times)

agvkrioni

Greetings. First post here.
I have Final Fantasy VII on the PC and wanted to try adding Aali's Custom Graphics Driver  mod. However, I'm using Windows 7 64bit and apparently it doesn't store game saves in the same folder/directory as the game's executable file.
Instead it stores them elsewhere (I found where, but won't bother listing as to conserve space in thread). Anyone else found this to be true for their system as well?

I copied all the Aali's mod files and put them just into the FFVII folder (but not where the game saves are, which isn't even in Program Files), and when I ran the FFVII config program nothing came up mentioning a self-check or that everything was okay. So, I don't know if this is hampering my ability to add mods. Any thoughts?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
It has to do with windows 7 virtual store. This is normal if the game is installed into program files. It will not do this if installed anywhere else. Also please do not make multiple topics, if you are unsure of where to put it try to use your best judgement.

agvkrioni

First topic was in the wrong forum. Fixed my error by deleting the first topic before making this one.

Installed FF7 into C:/Square/FFVII . Got to the first save point, filled up the save slots and then applied the Aali's Custom Driver mod and got the pass check message. Seems to work fine as far as I can tell. Then I added teh Phoenix Rejuvenation Project. That wanted to go to the Program Files directory so I had to copy those files and put them into the C:/Square/FFVII/data folder. Finally, tried to install the Team Avalanche graphics update and it says Aali's isn't installed correctly. I thought it was working fine but reinstalled game and started over adding all the mods. Same error message with the Avalanche mod.
Regoing over the videos and guides to see what is going wrong. Will update if I figure it out.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 21:18:14 by agvkrioni »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Team Avalanche's mod installer looks for Aali's driver by checking for a registry entry that does not exist in current versions of Aali's driver. My suggestion is, download an older version of his driver that comes with a .reg file, install that into your registry, and then you should be able to use the Team Avalanche installer.

This will be fixed when the next TA version is released.

edit: You might wanna do something about that double post before obesebear sees it.

agvkrioni

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I already deleted the other post and its in the forum's "trashcan". I selected it for deletion before I even created this thread (the second one).
Man I'm confused.

EDIT: Is there a way to find out what registry file it creates so I can manually add it?
EDIT: Found the regs files. Using now.
EDIT: Okay used the reg file. Windows installed it. Retried the executable for Team Avalanche, still says Aali's isn't installed correctly so I reckon I'll just wait for the new one... unless it needs FFVII in a Program Files folder, like the default install location... hmmm.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 19:22:46 by agvkrioni »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
he's talking about this forum right here, you have one post saying the other topic you posted was in the wrong forum, then a second post right below it with your issues

agvkrioni

You mean the one made yesterday at "23:46:37" replying to the guy above that and then the one immediately after that made today at "19:02:5" with an update as to the status of the issue I was having after trying the first reply's new advice?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
You mean the one made yesterday at "23:46:37" replying to the guy above that and then the one immediately after that made today at "19:02:5" with an update as to the status of the issue I was having after trying the first reply's new advice?

yes that is a double post, your the Modify button and add some text with an edit

Edit: such as this.

agvkrioni

Added the FF7 Mp3 Music mod as shown in the video tutorials. That went pretty smooth.
This is pretty great, I love that the game can be updated like this.

edit: Yeah the install went really smooth. Did all that the vid said to do but upon running the game it turns out there wasn't music playing. I assumed it was just a silent area I was in... Exited game and realize there were about a dozen duplicate error messages that popped up from the FF7 Music program: Access violation at address 10038EEA in module 'in_mad.dll'. Read of address 00000028. 
Looking around at some other posts in the forum. Hmm, maybe I should just uninstall/reinstall again.

EDIT#2: Haha weird. Okay so I went into the configuration options and saw that out_wave.dll wasn't where it was supposed to be. Pointed the program in the right direction, now no more error messages. Now, still no music unless I enter battle and win, then it plays Victory Fanfare- but not the battle music or anything else. Still, that's better than nothing and I think I'm on the right track.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 21:58:11 by agvkrioni »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Added the FF7 Mp3 Music mod as shown in the video tutorials. That went pretty smooth.
This is pretty great, I love that the game can be updated like this.

glad your having fun, and thanks for editing your posts, obesebear has been having trouble with some other new guys lately so you don't wanna get on his bad side right now

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Actually after talking to aali it seems the registry entry does exist with the new driver. So the check stays in place. Make sure it is configured properly before installing avalanche.