Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245885 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
EDIT: Okay after I upgrade the OPENGL to 7.7b everything works fine until I enter any battle scene/random battles
it will crash.  But once I load 'ff7.exe' instead of 'Run FFVII-Remix.bat' the game would run the battle scenes fine, but everytime I encouter a random battle it says ex: 'could not open file tifa.t09' but only happens on ff7.exe  if it was on the .bat  it would crash instead.
Related?

~shoe
The only difference is running the game in compatibility mode and with FF7Music. But yeah, Aali's driver 7.7 will do that, there's a fix for it somewhere around here.

shoe

Thank you for that immediate reply.

Ah, so there is a fix for my problem  :D

I guess I have to look through these 37 pages in this thread to find the solution . . .

MainFrame

There's a separate thread in the tech-related forum dedicated to Aali's driver, I would look in there first.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Titeguy with your permission I want to post this patch on a Spanish forum called Base Avalancha.
It's okay to link to this post, but don't hotlink to my mirror. I'll also allow you to post it on your forum if you can re-upload it somewhere and let me use that as a second download mirror.

Well since my last post about this was ignore i will repeat myself. Permission was never asked to include Team Avalanche's work in your remix. Now I know you have good intentions with your remix this is why I allowed it to stay. But if you start giving people permission to distribute something (or even ask us if it was ok to distribute)  that you did not create yourself i will be asking you to remove our project from your remix.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
I was actually wondering why no one had said anything about permissions before. I guess he didn't ask anyone for permission? How odd.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Titeguy with your permission I want to post this patch on a Spanish forum called Base Avalancha.
It's okay to link to this post, but don't hotlink to my mirror. I'll also allow you to post it on your forum if you can re-upload it somewhere and let me use that as a second download mirror.

Well since my last post about this was ignore i will repeat myself. Permission was never asked to include Team Avalanche's work in your remix. Now I know you have good intentions with your remix this is why I allowed it to stay. But if you start giving people permission to distribute something (or even ask us if it was ok to distribute)  that you did not create yourself i will be asking you to remove our project from your remix.
I see. If you have an issue with Team Avalanche's work being posted elsewhere then I understand, and I'll acknowledge that that completely nullifies any permission I can give, so to AlbertoPSP, I retract my earlier statement.
And SL1982, if you wish to not have Team Avalanche's work distributed in the patch, then say the word and I can take the link down in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-26 06:59:28 by titeguy3 »

RandomNumber

Hi, I just downloaded this and everything works great, no problems so far that I've encountered, but now I'm wondering something, and forgive my newness if this is a stupid question or there's somewhere better I should be asking it...but my question is this: how would I go about undoing some of the text/translation changes or altering them myself?

For instance, I do like "Firaga" better than "Fire 3" and so on, but I've noticed some character and limit break names that I liked better the old way. "Elmyra" rather than "Elmina", "Cross Slash" over "Jinx Slash"...that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-26 16:15:01 by RandomNumber »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Well since my last post about this was ignore i will repeat myself. Permission was never asked to include Team Avalanche's work in your remix. Now I know you have good intentions with your remix this is why I allowed it to stay. But if you start giving people permission to distribute something (or even ask us if it was ok to distribute)  that you did not create yourself i will be asking you to remove our project from your remix.
I see. If you have an issue with Team Avalanche's work being posted elsewhere then I understand, and I'll acknowledge that that completely nullifies any permission I can give, so to AlbertoPSP, I retract my earlier statement.
And SL1982, if you wish to not have Team Avalanche's work distributed in the patch, then say the word and I can take the link down in a heartbeat.

I am fine with avalanche's work in the remix as it is a good patch for people that do not want to install things seperately (yes I think you did a good job  :) ) but I would prefer that we keep it confined to qhimm. If someone wants to distribute it elsewhere have them PM me

hifi

Hello,

I've installed remix on a fresh ffvii install.  I'm running this on an ati 4850 through hdmi to a receiver then to a HDTV.  I generally need the resolution to be 1920 x 1080 in order for anything to work on this display.  What is the best procedure to get that resolution?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hello,

I've installed remix on a fresh ffvii install.  I'm running this on an ati 4850 through hdmi to a receiver then to a HDTV.  I generally need the resolution to be 1920 x 1080 in order for anything to work on this display.  What is the best procedure to get that resolution?
Just download and install the patch, then open up the FF7 OpenGL Config File (there's a shortcut for it in your start menu) and edit your game resolution to 1920x1080, file save, and presto!

val

There are possibilities that will be added the Italian translation in the multi-language compatibility packs?
thanks and sorry for my bad english

RevChappy

I installed this patch to a Fresh copy of the non ultima edition of the game.
I added my res to the config file of 1024, by 768. When ever I open the program via the shortcut, it goes to a black screen then crashes. I have UAC turned off. I had installed a copy of the Ultima edition and it worked fine on the system.
I can also get the program to run using the actual ff7.exe in the folder.

System: win7 32 bit

I also tried running the .reg file then running the program and it closed again. any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Path: D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
(my OS is on the D, and I selected the path in the install)

Code: [Select]
DataPath is D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 96
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
5020486 - INFO:    CHPAiOCtxMonitor::TimerEvent: Poll...

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DIRECT DRAW 2

TOTAL 268320768 FREE 265175040

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16

DISPLAY MODE MATCH

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 656 H 496 P 656 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 656 H 496 P 1312 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 656 H 496 P 2624 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 720 H 480 P 720 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 720 H 480 P 1440 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 720 H 480 P 2880 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 720 H 576 P 720 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 720 H 576 P 1440 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 720 H 576 P 2880 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 1152 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 2304 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1152 H 864 P 4608 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1280 H 960 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1280 H 960 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 960 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1280 H 1024 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1280 H 1024 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1280 H 1024 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1600 H 1200 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1600 H 1200 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1600 H 1200 P 6400 RGB 1 BPP 32

Ramp Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation

RGB Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation

Direct3D HAL

Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL

EXCLUSIVE MODE

LOCK UNLOCK TEST

MATRIX INITIALIZE

INITIALIZE DD/D3D END

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg

initializing sound...

creating dsound primary buffer

reading audio file

loading static sounds

sound initialized

INITIALIZING MIDI...

selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,

midi data type: GENERAL MIDI

using midi data file: D:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp

midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff

MIDI INITIALIZED

set music volume: 127

MIDI set volume: 127

100% of 127 = 127

set music volume: 127

MIDI set master volume: 100

MIDI set volume: 127

100% of 127 = 127

Entering MAIN

Exiting MAIN

START OF CREDITS!!!

« Last Edit: 2010-04-29 00:23:41 by RevChappy »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
@RevChappy: Try a newer version of the driver? If you're running a .reg file, you've got an old version.

I've had this problem a couple of times, the only thing I can suggest is a reinstall and check what works at each stage. I.e. Install FF7, check registry entries are correct, run it, replace exe with 1.02, run it, install aali's driver, run it, install patches, run it.

Also, make sure all instances of ff7.exe are gone in the Task Manager's processes, it can be a right bitch in that way.

@RandomNumber: WallMarket by NFITC1 will allow you to edit the text you're talking about. There are other programs too. Before WallMarket, most people used Teioh to edit spell names. To find, use the search buttom.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Ultima edition

And that's the kicker, the Ultima Edition is less than legit and has a few shall we say, issues.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ultima edition

And that's the kicker, the Ultima Edition is less than legit and has a few shall we say, issues.

If you read closer he said non ultima edition.

RevChappy

I can get the game to play by click on the ff7.exe file in the folder, but it doesn't have the music, just the Soundeffects :/

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I can get the game to play by click on the ff7.exe file in the folder, but it doesn't have the music, just the Soundeffects :/
be careful to read the first few lines of the main post. It looks like Aali's driver isn't installed properly. Make sure User Account Control is turned off, then run that .reg file again.

Lionfist

• View Profile
Ultima edition

thats what everyone says but I never had any ;)

sepho

• View Profile
can be compatible with an italian patch?This is the link of the translation.http://www.sadnescity.it/traduzioni/ff7/ff7.php

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Hey there...
A little update for millenia swords and aali driver?

CloudFR

Hi
Someone can help me, I have a problem to change my field text and menu art in Menu.lgp
I try to change it with lgptools but the file is .tex and in the texture folder files are .png.. :?
What i have to do?
Thanks

sepho

• View Profile
hi everyone:

Sorry for bad english(i'm italian).
When I finish the installation e get this message on the screen:
http://i41.tinypic.com/34oebe1.jpg
What's the problem?Oh and for play the game,i have to click on "Run FFVII-Remix.bat" right?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
hi everyone:

Sorry for bad english(i'm italian).
When I finish the installation e get this message on the screen:
http://i41.tinypic.com/34oebe1.jpg
What's the problem?Oh and for play the game,i have to click on "Run FFVII-Remix.bat" right?

It didn't make the FF7 Shortcuts because it couldn't find your start menu, I think.

kaktuz

is there a way to remove custom barret and cloud battle models and replace them with the original models? i want to do this because they don't suit there with low quality battle models

Fischkopf

• View Profile
The German Language Patch doesn't work. It doesn't detect the install cd but i mounted it!!
Actually it broke my game. When i try to start it now screen goes black for a second and then closes to desktop.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-02 17:03:38 by Fischkopf »