Author Topic: question i've never seen answered  (Read 8654 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
question i've never seen answered
« on: 2010-03-18 05:48:01 »
i've searched many times, never really found a solution, or even the cause, of my problem

there are certain FMVs that are completely without sound, or cut out halfway through. some examples are

the near beginning fmv in which the reactor explodes (no sound whatsoever)

the soon acompanying scene in which they blow up the rubble to get through (gotta love Wedge's little run around with fire :P).

there are many other in which the sound cuts out either at the beginning or halfway through.

i can live with this, but im just curious as to if there was ever a fix, solution, or reason, found for this.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: question i've never seen answered
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-18 14:26:20 »
The solution is, not all the videos have sound embedded in them.  Sometimes the sound is played independently of the video.

However, the video NORTHMK does have sound, so I don't know why you aren't hearing any.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-18 17:38:26 »
The solution is, not all the videos have sound embedded in them.  Sometimes the sound is played independently of the video.

However, the video NORTHMK does have sound, so I don't know why you aren't hearing any.

this is why i find it strange..

is there any fix for this slight little issue?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-18 17:53:29 »
I get the same problem as well so its not just you.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-18 19:07:23 »
even if the sound IS indipendent, what exactly causes it to not play with the video, and what if someone just fused the indipendent sound into the video? not that i would know how to do it

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-19 01:53:06 »
It would be possible to fuse the audio and video, but there's no reason to.   I just replayed through the parts you were complaining about, and my audio played fine.

The video didn't play, but my guess is that has to do with Aali implementing his newest video feature.

I am using the music plugin and FF7Music.  So if you aren't maybe that's the problem?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-20 19:45:47 »
It would be possible to fuse the audio and video, but there's no reason to.   I just replayed through the parts you were complaining about, and my audio played fine.

The video didn't play, but my guess is that has to do with Aali implementing his newest video feature.

I am using the music plugin and FF7Music.  So if you aren't maybe that's the problem?

im using his latest driver release, i've always had this problem, on both my laptops (O.o coms dun like me)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-21 00:31:20 »
This is an issue with using Vista and 7, in which MS changed the way volume works from previous versions. It used to be that there were separate volume controls for midi from the main volume. Now, that's been eliminated, and replaced with individual volume controls per application.

The only real solution at this point is to use Aali's driver and FF7Music. AFAIK using either on its own won't do the trick.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-21 03:16:35 »
This is an issue with using Vista and 7, in which MS changed the way volume works from previous versions. It used to be that there were separate volume controls for midi from the main volume. Now, that's been eliminated, and replaced with individual volume controls per application.

The only real solution at this point is to use Aali's driver and FF7Music. AFAIK using either on its own won't do the trick.

yeah, i never used ff7music because i could never get it working right, probably because i never understood the instructions, even if they were im plain daylight

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-22 06:00:10 »

yeah, i never used ff7music because i could never get it working right, probably because i never understood the instructions, even if they were im plain daylight

You never got ff7music working?? that sucks, that's like the coolest thing about modding ff7. I don't think I've ever had people have trouble getting ff7music to work with my patch if you'd be interested in giving it a try. Unless of course, they forget to use the shortcuts and just run ff7.exe directly.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-22 11:54:02 »

You never got ff7music working?? that sucks, that's like the coolest thing about modding ff7. I don't think I've ever had people have trouble getting ff7music to work with my patch if you'd be interested in giving it a try. Unless of course, they forget to use the shortcuts and just run ff7.exe directly.

i'll give it a try once im off school *sigh* march break is over

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-25 03:16:29 »
i don't like the to necropost, so im just gonna quickly update.

im getting my laptop back soon, and school ends in about 4 weeks, so once it does, i'm gonna spend the sumemr gettinf ff7music working on my game, and then im gonna sit my @$$ down for hours and figure the hell out how to model ^_^

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-25 03:39:25 »
Awesome, I started to practice a bit earlier this year, but then chemistry happened.. and hey you've only got 4 weeks left!!, I've got six give or take a few days.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-26 00:56:23 »
Awesome, I started to practice a bit earlier this year, but then chemistry happened.. and hey you've only got 4 weeks left!!, I've got six give or take a few days.

^_^ ontario rules

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-26 01:09:21 »
^_^ ontario rules

Indeed it does

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile