Author Topic: Sooo....Where are the field animations(and battle for that matter)  (Read 4503 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I mean the animations for character movement and positioning, not spells and items,etc.
Also how would I go about messing around with them? Is there a way to mess with the camera? Just wanted to know...

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Don't know about your camera question but if you're using kimera you can find that the animation files end with .a like aafe.a is the standing field animation. Just find them in char.lgp.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
jeff have you seen the file reconstruction project (sticky in game tweaking) we have a good deal ided, animation files are .a files (mostly).

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Is there a way to mess with the camera? Just wanted to know...
Camera data for the field are stored in the field files within flevel.lgp. As far as I know, You can change the camera's positioning and rotation with Meteor, and possibly with Makou Reactor (Haven't tried that program yet though)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
good good, I am trying to get the field animation to look less awkward for standing as well as some other animations. This work may help with the more advanced models because if we can change their animations, we could suit the animations for the model and not vice versa.

Also I noticed that the NPC Reconstruct is at a LOTTT lower percentage complete than claimed. I estimate at about 40% or less. It seems only the main npcs used in story areas are the only ones really redone, many of the nameless NPC'S are undone and I would at least like to add hands to them all. Is it a simple matter of pasting the hand onto each model?If so I can get that done today lol and be at 100% on the hands at least.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Well I think if you mess with one animation all the other models who uses that animation will have the same animation. So that means if you edit aafe.a to have an animation with his arms in his pocket Barret or Tifa will have their hands will be positioned the same as Cloud. Maybe if you can find a way to have Cloud his own animation?? I know its kind of hard to do but hey maybe you can get how to do it. :)

obesebear

• View Profile
Maybe if you can find a way to have Cloud his own animation?? I know its kind of hard to do but hey maybe you can get how to do it. :)
This.
I haven't fully checked it in Makou Reactor, but click on Tools / Field Models, then pick a character and their list of animations for that scene will pop up.   Double click the animation and you can rename it to "cloud.aki"   In this way each character can have their own animation, but it looks like you will have to go through each and every scene to do this.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
I tried what you said obesebear and I think it will work if its that easy to do with Makou Reactor. But Makou Reactor loads and lags a couple of times in my pc. So it will be a long job. Maybe I'll wait for a more faster version of Makou Reactor.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
But Makou Reactor loads and lags a couple of times in my pc.

When you add animations/HRC? When exactly?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
When I tried obesebear's steps and I choose a character like Cloud. With other characters its not so long since they use the original prp files but when I load Cloud which is AC Custom Cloud it loads longer. I think its because the AC Custom Cloud files are much larger and longer to load that why your program does not respond for a while when its loading.