Author Topic: WOAH, Thats a high post rate... anyone got me beat?  (Read 6297 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile

Well I didnt realize I was harrassing all of you that much on a daily basis lol, and for that I am sorry.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: WOAH, Thats a high post rate... anyone got me beat?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-05 01:23:02 »
Not anymore, when i started out i was averaging 30+ posts a day.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 02:28:40 »
I've got an average of 0.523 posts per day, but I was gone for about two and a half years in the middle there, so the average for when I've actually been active is probably much higher.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 02:34:15 »
my post count is pretty low, but that because i save up for really really good ones. such as this post.

also, whats the deal with that busted laptop? If you've changed your mind that's fine, you just kinda left me hanging on the fence here.

lee

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-05 02:35:12 »
Mine's around 9 per day.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-05 05:09:44 »
my post count is pretty low, but that because i save up for really really good ones. such as this post.

also, whats the deal with that busted laptop? If you've changed your mind that's fine, you just kinda left me hanging on the fence here.

lee

Following up on this, I don't really like to call you out jeff but you've mentionned you were gonna help in a few different projects with your incredible skills and hardware and have produced nothing else but 10 minutes half-assed efforts while drunk and a bunch of questions for which answers were readily available through search.

I'd suggest you try and commit yourself to a single project and see it through.  Or don't and don't say you'll help.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I've seen you go around a couple projects and thought I should say something.

A wise man once told me : don't overpromise and under-deliver, underpromise and over-deliver.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-05 05:13:40 »

lee

Following up on this, I don't really like to call you out jeff but you've mentionned you were gonna help in a few different projects with your incredible skills and hardware and have produced nothing else but 10 minutes half-assed efforts while drunk and a bunch of questions for which answers were readily available through search.

I'd suggest you try and commit yourself to a single project and see it through.  Or don't and don't say you'll help.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I've seen you go around a couple projects and thought I should say something.

A wise man once told me : don't overpromise and under-deliver, underpromise and over-deliver.

Well said.

+5 imaginary rep

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-05 06:44:54 »

lee

Do I really come off arrogant or something to you guys? Please forgive me because this is one of the few things in life I'd ever participate in an online forum for, and to that extent this is the only forum based community I have really ever inserted myself into.

It seems you guys are a little touchy, whats with that? Sometimes the air around here gets tense for no apparent reason.

I say it seems Im arrogant to you because never once did I say I had incredible skills,if you would kindly check the posts I believe you are talking about, I simply stated that I know some c++ and a have done a little texture work. Plus one time I talked about a game me and my friends made some time back in RPGmaker with complex scripts and such.

As for incredible hardware, I know my rig is not modest, but it damn sure isnt a beast. I ordered the parts for it before I even knew there was gonna be a Phenom IIX6 so I coulda waited like 2 weeks and got the x6 instead, also my 3 hd 5770's are nice, but I got one free and the other two were like 275$ So I wouldnt really call it incredible(Unless you guys tripped out on the 4.2 and 4.0 ghz overclocks, had to bring it down cause it was using to much power) and if you will search and learn about OC'ing my cpu, you will learn that 4.0 ghz is nothing.

Anyway it seems I have to prove myself, which is kinda retarted, but as I said except for the tense air around here, I like it here.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-05 06:51:37 »
Welcome to the forums.   Yeah, you do come off as a little arrogant.  For me it was the thread about your super awesome IQ.

You haven't caused any trouble around here, so no harm no foul.   But since you do claim to have some talent, it'd be great to see that put to use... hint hint nudge nudge. ;)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-05 07:00:34 »
What about me? You guys like me? :D

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-05 07:03:52 »
Well as I said I havent participated in an online forum ever, so I do not expect all of you to read all of my posts, so maybe I do, and perhaps I am in some ways..(Especially in the smarts area, but Im not saying I know more than other ppl, I havent been to school in 2 years and have smoked a lot of weed in my life so I really didnt apply it as I could have, if you remember in that post I said I skipped 2 grades? Well when I hit High School I said f#@! Homework and even though I got all A's on tests, some classes had so much homework that it can cause you to fail, so I wound up losing one of those grades and then quit in 11th and got my G.E.D.)

As for the amount of work Ive gotten done here, you see where I have tried,(that field scene took a lot of photoshop work...A LOT)and you all had such a bad reaction to my Idea that it kinda floored me, so since then I've been poking around in all the lgps and data and just learning more about the game..(BTW I have a LARGE NUMBER of battle background(like 80% of whats in battle.lgp) converted to psd format for later use.)

One more thing, when I go on elaborating on something..like the I.Q. thing) It's because I want you guys to kind of get to know me a little ya know, and I try to throw out the reason I'm postiung, along with any other thoughts in my head, so you can understand my though process a little better.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 07:07:19 by jeffdamann »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-05 07:09:01 »
I thought the reaction to your background was pretty positive.  You're going to get criticism, and it seemed pretty constructive from my point of view.   If something like those posts makes you feel unsure about what you're doing, go talk to seif real quick about the criticism he's received for his Retranslation project.  I'm sure that will make you feel better about the people critiquing your work.

Find something you enjoy spending time on and keep at it.  Listen to critics, but remember you can't please everyone.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-05 07:17:34 »
I take criticism pretty well but I think you were the only one to offer positive remarks, no one specifically said it was bad, it was just the way it was responded to. I have looked into the animations and I want to fix the nuetral standing position to reflect a more human-like stance. Then I would like to translate a bit of code for Q-gears, but then I would like to retexture some stuff, you get what I mean? Thats why I said in the other thread that some members(myself included) need a little more orginization, but I guess things are cool how they are. It just seems like everything in this forum is strung out over mutliple pages in multiple threads in multiple forums and everyone just posts here and there and everywhere. It just seems like a SLIGHT state of disarray ya know?
'

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-06-05 13:48:25 »
Just know this : I wouldn't have bothered if I thought you were a braindead moron and that I was wasting my time.  It's much easier to ignore someone than to try and help them.

As obesebear suggested, take it as a nudge to apply your talent in one specific thing and show us what you can do.

edit : I also thought reading this document halkun posted in technichal might be beneficial.  I found it a very interesting read back in the day : http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 13:50:46 by Marc »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-06-06 01:46:31 »
edit : I also thought reading this document halkun posted in technichal might be beneficial.  I found it a very interesting read back in the day : http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
My God, I've only read the first few paragraphs, and that's basically what I typed just a few minutes ago.   Just more drawn out and fun to read.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-06 01:49:33 »
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
That should be definitely be a sticky thread.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-06 01:58:32 »
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro Should be stickied to me as well. Why don't you guys put it up in the tech support section?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-06 02:10:41 »

Maybe you guys should briefly browse through all the threads that have been stickied.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-06 02:14:39 »
Its in the tech related but still I think no newbies read it so much. I was kind of asking if it was possible to sticky it to other places too especially game tweaking since many new people ask there. Well its like its been stickied to many sections of the forums. Just a suggestion though.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-06 02:18:25 by nikfrozty »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-06 02:20:29 »
Actually I meant it should be sticked in tech support, but I was just saying.

Also I found the user with the lowest post rate yet(still looking though, doubt this one will be beat...)

Name:     Lag.Com
Position:    Cool Newbie
Date Registered:    2007-08-29 16:57:30
Last Active:    2009-01-19 18:59:36-------------Weird since he posted today...

And also I noticed that my time logged in is incorrect, ive been logged in about a week now...
Total time logged in: 1 days, 9 hours and 32 minutes.
It seems to only count time when Im in here posting and stuff...

Edit: I found the lowest post count ever!
Name:     Veleiro
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    2006-05-09 01:34:17
Last Active:    2006-05-17 23:40:35
« Last Edit: 2010-06-06 06:02:39 by jeffdamann »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-08 04:51:14 »
You do realize there are users as far back as 2001 that still visit but have never posted, right?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-08 05:54:03 »
Yeah I was looking for the lowest rate cause I was bored... I found 0.000 but that didnt count to me so I found that 0.001, the 0.000's were the ones you speak of.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-08 05:59:35 »
Yeah I was looking for the lowest rate cause I was bored... I found 0.000 but that didnt count to me so I found that 0.001, the 0.000's were the ones you speak of.

Bored? Don't you have texturing to do?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-06-08 06:06:36 »
yeah this was a few days ago and now im fighting with wife, just trying to reply to all the post real quickly, plus make one in unrelated, but as soon as I get back its ON!lol