Author Topic: [FF7] A theory  (Read 2483 times)

ye-roon

• View Profile
[FF7] A theory
« on: 2003-04-30 12:40:16 »
Last time i could play ff7 something caught my eye (well actually evrytime i played). When u give barret a new weapon that isn't a ranged weapon, atomic siccors for example, his dmg per hit is less then the dmg done with the ranged weapon he had before. So i started to test something.

Cloud was hitting mob X for like 150 dmg, and this was pretty much constant. Next battle i put Long Range materia on him and he was hitting same lvl mob for 250-300 dmg....

After that i did the same with Red XIII and he also had a dmg increase from putting on the long range materia.

Strangly Yuffi does verry little dmg with her ranged weapon, and Vincent hasn't got a high dmg output with ranged weapon. And it didn't go up with long range materia.

But the DMG i did with long range equiped @ cloud and Cid ^^, Cid even got higher dmg then barret both with ultimate weapon :D

Has ne one else noticed this?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
[FF7] A theory
« Reply #1 on: 2003-04-30 14:14:09 »
Three points, maybe they can partially explain your results:
  • Long Range materia means the character can score normal damage even in the back row.
  • Characters with long range weapons do not need Long Range materia.
  • The ultimate weapons derive their damage from different stats than pure strength. For example, Barret's ultimate weapon scores damage based on the number of mastered materia equipped, and Vincent's based on how many enemies he has killed.[/list:u]

ye-roon

• View Profile
[FF7] A theory
« Reply #2 on: 2003-04-30 15:58:00 »
i agree and i know that long range is used to hit mobs in back row, or for mobs that are flying. but my point was that it also increases the dmg done by short range weapons. also the non ultimate weapons.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
[FF7] A theory
« Reply #3 on: 2003-05-01 07:08:26 »
Ugh, you are so, so, so barking up the wrong tree.
Long range materia does nothing to affect atacks in the front row, to enemies in the front row :)

atamand

[FF7] A theory
« Reply #4 on: 2003-05-10 17:36:05 »
Maybe you were in the back row, or the enemy was in the back row, and this "increase" was really it going back to normal.