Author Topic: FF7 Bootleg HDR Shaders ATI 5870  (Read 4878 times)

Chippy

• View Profile
FF7 Bootleg HDR Shaders ATI 5870
« on: 2013-05-05 23:03:30 »
Hi Folks,

I've spent the past weekend trying to track why Bootleg doesn't allow FF7 to load while the shader box is ticked.  The improvements on this game were so great that I didn't notice it at first, but I can only get it to run with the shader box unchecked - when it is ticked/checked, the game will show a black screen or a few red triangles and freeze in that state.  I have tried:

With my original CD installation and the latest 2012 release.

Ensuring Ali's custom driver is set up correctly with sound card checked.

Both HDR and Complex HDR configurations with and without vsync, aspect ratio and specific refresh rate assigned.
Also with internal resolution set to screen resolution and unchecked.

With all of the drop down options for each of the above Post processing shader options.

With crossfire on and off.  And with all of my desktop graphic cards options forced and set to "let application decide" and forced.

So am now at my wits end - just to ensure we're on the same page: I'm assuming to get "shading" I need to click the red HDR or the pink button and then have  the shaders box checked on the front/main menu?  As mentioned unchecking this allows the game to run and it looks awesome anyway.  Just wondering if it could look even more so...thanks for reading.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: FF7 Bootleg HDR Shaders ATI 5870
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-06 04:05:54 »
Radeon graphics cards use the Complex Shader settings. Hit the complex shader button, hit the system tab and under the shader option set it to the bottom shader option, 420. It looks pretty good.

Chippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-06 13:52:06 »
Nope, nothing - well I get the 3 publisher videos (using 2012 release installed on C:FF7) and then the same black screen.  The game is running as I can click OK, get to loading screen but can only see the blue bar background of each load slot.

I noticed when selecting "shaders/ComplexMultiShader420.post" under the plugins tab it disables Max Lights - 12 under system, so tried that on/off but no luck.  Also checked everything is set to administrator privileges.

I think the shader on this video card is 5.0, but don't know if that's good or bad regarding this.  Thanks for the reply.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-06 14:23:15 »
That's odd sorry man. Well a fresh installation always seems to be a good fix. My music stopped working inexplicably at one point and a fresh install was the only thing that fixed it. By the way make sure you're following the install directions here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0 and installing to C:\games\FF7, with bootleg and your mods in games\FF7Mods. Bootleg configurator may not be pointed to the shading files needed. I also made an iso of the install file before running bootleg so recovery is a lot easier.

Chippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-06 16:16:33 »
I just did one final install exactly as specified but with the same result, so after about a week think I've gone as far as I can with this and am just gonna play the game.  Thanks again and thumbs up to modders for the improvements.