Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 229647 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #250 on: 2012-09-18 12:40:42 »
Indeed. and I believe its got all the details you want... given I put in all the details /I/ want :P

Calone

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2012-09-18 23:10:59 »
It's useless to both him, and the rest of the community, considering we cant use any of Square-Enix's stuff. It's a rule violation. Unless you are just putting it on there for reference.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #252 on: 2012-09-19 01:10:02 »
one does not become a respected member of the community by posting useless things. of course it was for reference

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2012-09-19 03:12:19 »
I do not believe a jpeg of a highly edited model (I spent lots of time trying to get my original textures to match the CC style!) is a rule infringement. If it is moderators will be sure to let me know and I will remove it.

As to useful to the community I originally made it with the intent of using it as a prank, but alas, full time work + university is... time consuming. If you guys want other shots of it, let me know, but otherwise it is not for release at any time.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #254 on: 2012-09-19 04:22:39 »
I'd love to see a little more living color in this face... but not too much. I have the CC face too somewhere in my backup folder but as I remember I didn't prefer to use it because it looked too pale. I also prefer the black uniform like he appears in the end of CC.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-19 04:25:00 by LeonhartGR »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2012-09-19 06:09:57 »
Ah! My dear old friend Timu  :D

I tell you what though Timu! I'd be more than happy to have your in-depth critiques once I get this ball rolling again  ;) That was definitely some of the better memories I have with this place.

I already got a good handle on just which Cloud I'm doing, but yes that's the one. I hear ya though, bro... I'm a college student with a wife a kid and an almost full time job (30-40 hrs a week) Plus I just got another job cutting video for this corporate gig.

There is NO time what-so-ever right now. But I'm filling my portfolio currently, once it's got a good chunk of it I'll try to squeeze Cloud in.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2012-09-19 12:46:46 »
Cheers, and good luck to ye! I used all the details I scrounged up when making a cosplay of that particular version.

As to the pale face yes - crisis core textures are a bit flat, which they attempt to make up for with inconsistently glowing eyes for SOLDIER members... (It always seems zacks eyes glow extra bright when aeris points them out). I put this together to make it look as if it was some hidden model in crisis core or a direct psp sequel/remake of ff7, so I wanted consistency. Tried my best to make the custom work match square's style and stuff.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #257 on: 2012-09-19 13:29:11 »
I always use the glowing eyes texture :P Tried it with APZ's and looks awesome ;D

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2012-09-20 05:18:57 »
Glowing eyes.. sounds cool, so where can we get this glowing eyes texture?? I'd like to try it..

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2012-09-20 06:46:30 »
Glowing eyes.. sounds cool, so where can we get this glowing eyes texture?? I'd like to try it..

You'd have to make one  :P But my next Cloud I plan on adding a slight green around his pupil just like it does in Advent Children and Zack's eyes in the cutscenes of Crisis Core

Calone

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2012-09-20 07:49:58 »
one does not become a respected member of the community by posting useless things. of course it was for reference

I won't lose sleep over it.

I do not believe a jpeg of a highly edited model (I spent lots of time trying to get my original textures to match the CC style!) is a rule infringement. If it is moderators will be sure to let me know and I will remove it.

As to useful to the community I originally made it with the intent of using it as a prank, but alas, full time work + university is... time consuming. If you guys want other shots of it, let me know, but otherwise it is not for release at any time.

When you post a pic and say something like "Here you go", it's vague enough to know what you are doing. All I saw is a picture of a Crisis Core model, and various comments saying "that's from Dissidia", so i connected the dots on my own.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2012-09-20 08:10:43 »
You'd have to make one  :P But my next Cloud I plan on adding a slight green around his pupil just like it does in Advent Children and Zack's eyes in the cutscenes of Crisis Core

Ah, ok I'll try doing it on all my characters, hehe.. got to do some research I havent tried making something like glowing textures.. mind if anyone can post an in-game screenshots of models with glowing eyes?? 
I won't lose sleep over it.

When you post a pic and say something like "Here you go", it's vague enough to know what you are doing. All I saw is a picture of a Crisis Core model, and various comments saying "that's from Dissidia", so i connected the dots on my own.

The pic was addressed to APZ may be they've discussed it already thus explaining the lack of explaination in posting that pic..
But that aside, the model sure awesome, good enough to be mistaken as ripped, to bad its not released, well at least we can be sure that APZ will make something even better.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2012-09-20 12:02:34 »
Timu didn't do anything wrong. Nothing more wrong than I did here:

Kingdom Hearts Cloud model modified -  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7451.0

Raziel from Soul Reaver Ripped and put into FFVIIPC - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7379.0

If it's just a picture that no one can have then it's alright if you did it for your own personal enjoyment. Besides... Timu's awesome! He made his own darn good Cloud model (Here), and he helped to point out everything I was doing wrong when I built APZ Cloud  ;D It was fun.

And I hope to do it all over again once I roll the new one out. It'll be allot... ALLOT faster than before because APZ Cloud was the first full character model I've ever made. Not to mention I think in volume not polygons, so ZBrush sculpting allows me the freedom to think in terms of it's shape first, and the topology later. I love perfect edge loops, I'm an all quad kinda guy, and redrawing the topology AFTER sculpting the model is just... Like a dream come true after years of hammering away at polygons slowing my brain down. And the edgeflow is always cleaner as a result.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #263 on: 2012-09-20 14:22:51 »
My fetish for ff7 is to see every model and texture as much realistic, but also close to the original, as possible ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-09-20 14:26:29 by LeonhartGR »

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012-09-20 19:38:59 »
Totally agree with Leon.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-20 20:04:13 by Datapack »

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2012-09-21 21:55:54 »
Does anyone have the old APZ cloud?
I personally like the older face better cause its "rougher" and less babyface cloud. (I know im bad at explaining things, so theres no need to point that out ^^)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #266 on: 2012-09-21 21:57:46 »
The old apz’s face was ripped. So no go.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2012-09-22 01:12:47 »
Does anyone have the old APZ cloud?
I personally like the older face better cause its "rougher" and less babyface cloud. (I know im bad at explaining things, so theres no need to point that out ^^)

I don't know if you mean the ripped one or version 1 that was out for like 2 weeks I think before I gave him a new head with the ripped texture. The first first release was 100% original.

This is version 1.0:

In all honesty just look at it. Version 1.0 had even MORE of a baby-face  :P THEN I released the one everybody came to know with the new head that had the plagarized face texture.

AND IF you mean the plagarized texture before the re-release... Just take a close look:

And I addressed all the issues folks were complaining about, even the percieved "baby-faced-ness" with the shape of the shadow on his cheeks and what-not while making it different enough and slightly more crappy to match up with the sloppiness of the rest of the texture. The ONLY thing changed here was the face texture. So I don't see any reason to discount it  ;)

EITHER WAY the answer is probably no... I don't have the files of the first version, and I think this last final re-release of APZ Cloud was the definitive version. Also this time the quality of the texture map is equal to the psd master file, instead of the slightly degraded version out before.

Official APZ support has run out on APZ Cloud if you will  ;) I have no more interest in ever opening these files ever again. Have fun with it, use it, whatever you want. But the previous versions aren't available, and I honestly don't think the difference is really all that worth it to hunt and find  :P
« Last Edit: 2012-09-22 01:34:29 by apz freak »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2012-09-22 02:47:18 »
The first one was actually my favourite :P, it was a baby face, but edgy - fitting for Cloud's character

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2012-09-22 04:09:08 »
I have the same personal opinion as Timu. I myself really like the 1st version. Wish I would have known about Qhimm way before, then I'd have downloaded and used that version. lol

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2012-09-23 16:00:48 »
APZ,( or anyone for that matter) could you name the specific files for that buster sword in the rerelease of APZCloud?

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2012-09-23 21:47:01 »
you need rtad and rtck.

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2012-09-24 05:57:51 »
Are you 100% sure about that? Cause when i try that the sword and the hilt are invincible
« Last Edit: 2012-09-29 12:15:38 by Datapack »

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2012-09-24 10:08:23 »
maybe you can try using biturn to view the files and find what you're looking for..
 if some tex files cant be opened use img2tex..

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2012-09-25 03:05:40 »
Sorry, typo. rtaf and rtck