Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 360185 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #550 on: 2020-06-13 18:13:40 »
after installing the mod the writing blocks that appear when the characters speak are of very poor quality and its necessarily comes from the mod because I had launched the game just before without the mod to make the difference before and after. can we solve this problem or should I uninstall the mod?

there is an option to use another font, you are probably using the blocky alexandria font

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #551 on: 2020-06-14 07:13:12 »
@benitobennet, replace the alexandria font in the memoria ini. the best type of font to use for me at least are system Bold / Medium Sans-Serif fonts. it makes the text legible enough to read and good for menus

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2020-06-14 23:13:03 »
Snouz, awesome work on the widescreen fixes!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #553 on: 2020-06-15 21:18:59 »
I was wondering if there is going to be a new update with fixes for all the main bug reports like the 15 fps bug etc. and some mistakes with the installer? Thanks and keep it up  :mrgreen:

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2020-06-15 22:31:42 »
I was wondering if there is going to be a new update with fixes for all the main bug reports like the 15 fps bug etc. and some mistakes with the installer? Thanks and keep it up  :mrgreen:
Yes, Snouz is working on the moguri 8.1 update.

You can follow its progress through this link: https://trello.com/b/ALj8oGIi/moguri-81

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2020-06-19 03:03:44 »
Supposedly, scaled UI mod is working now

takver

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2020-06-19 14:27:16 »
Supposedly, scaled UI mod is working now

I have the previous version of Moguri installed (V7) along with Snouz's Beta V5 files. Did a quick test of the lastest Scaled Battle UI mod build and I can confirm that it works far better than it did previously.

The only two minor issues that I now have with it are the following:

- When booting up the game with Scaled Battle UI mod for the first time, most of the Battle UI is offscreen. One needs to press the 'U' key on the keyboard to first adjust the battle selection menu on the left side of the screen, then it needs to be pressed again a second time to adjust the ATB UI on the right side of the screen. This is fine, but when pressing 'U' a small text appears at the top of the screen and can't be disabled no matter  how many time I press 'U' again. The only way to get rid of it is to exit and reboot the game.

- The second issue, and this is a minor one, is that it completely resets all of my settings in Memoria and sets Battle FPS to 24fps by default, meaning the user has to manually adjust each setting individually again the Memoria .ini file.

Other than the above two small issues. It appears to work perfectly so I'm sticking with it. If any issues come up during my playthrough, I'll post back here and in the Scaled Battle UI Steam thread.

As an aside, I really wish TehMighty would allow Snouz and ZePilOt to merge this mod into future releases of Moguri. It would be so much easier to iron out any bugs that way

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #557 on: 2020-06-21 03:06:38 »
This is for 32bit users out there.
I dont know what value this information has But for those who are interested hope it helps.
the moguri mod installer only works for the 64bit architecture. i used the beta on a 32 bit installation of the game and yes people like me exist.

i replayed the game from start to finish
so far the only bugs that i encounter is that you cant play the FMVs in the title screen but while playing the game all FMVs are functional aside from the occasional squished text if you want to skip it. 
all mods related to p0data* files are working as intended which includes the upscaled brackground, chacracter models ets. as for the sharedassets2.assets and resources.assets you just to extract and  move from the 64bit files using AssetsBundleExtractor  world_map_full , world_map_mist(forgot the full name) and face atlas.

m_artn

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2020-06-21 19:45:58 »
Any time frame for releasing v8.1 ?

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2020-07-01 01:25:21 »
Hi!

I finally finished the game! In fact, I almost finished ... the game closes right at the beginning of the last cinematic. How do I fix this?

I take this opportunity to say that I played from beginning to end with MoguriMod and it was just incredible! Congratulations!!

m_artn

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2020-07-01 08:24:13 »
it certainly does not work out of the box, you must have done some work beforehand/installed something that made it immediately work

I've made a fresh install of Windows10 on my Laptop. After running all Windows updates I've installed Steam and FF9 plus Moguri Mod 8.0.1 as explained previously. It worked without any problems with my DS4 connected via USB.

Hi!

I finally finished the game! In fact, I almost finished ... the game closes right at the beginning of the last cinematic. How do I fix this?

I take this opportunity to say that I played from beginning to end with MoguriMod and it was just incredible! Congratulations!!

Moguri Mod 8.1 is work in progress. You can follow it here: https://trello.com/b/ALj8oGIi/moguri-81
The cinematics are already fixed.
Can't wait to see all the improvements done to this game again and the Memoria updates will be awesome  8)

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2020-07-01 10:59:31 »
Would It be possible to release a patch to fix the cinematics before Moguri 8.1? Only that remains for me to finally see the end of the game!! I'm anxious!! And I want see It with Moguri!! Thanks!!

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #562 on: 2020-07-01 23:42:01 »
so i guess snouz put his picture up on that trello, and for some reason he used a side-profile picture, looks like its from right before he went to jail or something.... lmfao

OHB123

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2020-07-05 09:07:54 »
Sorry if not appropriate to post this here! But I recently wrote a Eurogamer article celebrating the backgrounds and beauty of FFIX and the Moguri Mod work was a great resource and inspiration for it!

In case of interest to anyone! https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-05-final-fantasy-9-and-the-picture-book-adventure-of-a-ps1-final-fantasy

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2020-07-15 14:09:40 »
Would It be possible to release a patch to fix the cinematics before Moguri 8.1? Only that remains for me to finally see the end of the game!! I'm anxious!! And I want see It with Moguri!! Thanks!!
Any chance of that happening? I haven't finished the game yet because of that and I would like to finish it with Moguri.
Only patch fix for cinematics hehe

Thanks!

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2020-07-20 12:49:06 »
Hi Snouz, thank you for all the hard work you have put in improving Final Fantasy IX!

How is your progress on Muguri 8.1? It has been two weeks that you did not update your trello. Thank you!

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2020-07-25 19:48:35 »
Does anyone have the previous Moguri version (v7.0.1.0) on hand anywhere? I'd like to play Alternate Fantasy with Moguri, but it isn't compatible with v8 yet

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2020-08-06 10:21:59 »
Ah fuck fuck fuck fuck, SE release an update, and they changed some stuff and broke the mod. FFS square!

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2020-08-06 14:08:53 »
"FFS Square"?
You're acting like it's Square's fault or they deserve to be punished or criticized or something for updating their game, fixing bugs and whatnot. It's not their fault they don't support an unofficial fan mod. They should be applauded for actually caring about a port that came out years ago.

Anyway, I guess we should just wait until Moguri is compatible with this update.
For now, I deleted the game and reinstalled it vanilla.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2020-08-06 14:53:49 »
"FFS Square"?
You're acting like it's Square's fault or they deserve to be punished or criticized or something for updating their game, fixing bugs and whatnot. It's not their fault they don't support an unofficial fan mod. They should be applauded for actually caring about a port that came out years ago.

Anyway, I guess we should just wait until Moguri is compatible with this update.
For now, I deleted the game and reinstalled it vanilla.

It was frustration, because they changed the whole structure of files, which means our tools are now outdated. I won't just "wait until moguri is compatible", I'll have to find the way to make it compatible. Also, they release it without notice, which means it erased some files I was working on. Frustrated because V9 is almost done, and they had to wait 4 years to change minor things that were addressed in the mod or other mods.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #570 on: 2020-08-06 15:07:13 »
Didn't we just get ff9 through xbox gamepass? IIRC that version had the battle UI resized as well, which is what has been patched with today's steam update. Other than that i completely understand the frustration though.

Out of curiosity, what tools are outdated? Memoria? HW?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2020-08-06 15:12:49 »
Didn't we just get ff9 through xbox gamepass? IIRC that version had the battle UI resized as well, which is what has been patched with today's steam update. Other than that i completely understand the frustration though.

Out of curiosity, what tools are outdated? Memoria? HW?

They added 13 p0data files, and Hades Workshop only knows the old ones. Tirlititi told me to rename them to see what's inside though.

But who knows what they changed in AssemblyCSharp.dll. I'll need to do a comparison.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2020-08-06 15:19:11 »
Oh, I didn't notice you were a dev on this mod, I thought you were just another gamer, sorry, my bad. I don't come to the FF9 boards much. I understand your frustration better.

I just tried playing vanilla but I get the whole "ZidaneZidane" "ViviVivi" etc error, and my controller is completely borked and the controls don't make any sense. For example, left on the analog stick steers me right. Any idea how to fix this so I can play FF9 in the meantime? Did Moguri cause this?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #573 on: 2020-08-06 23:36:45 »
I just tried playing vanilla but I get the whole "ZidaneZidane" "ViviVivi" etc error

this is caused by memoria, rather than moguri, moguri comes packaged with it and relies on it, it can be fixed with a save editor

and my controller is completely borked and the controls don't make any sense. For example, left on the analog stick steers me right. Any idea how to fix this so I can play FF9 in the meantime?

the controller config has been wonky with the pc port since day 1, to get everything right i have to use joy2key and map the buttons to keyboard equivalents

for some reason i have even MORE issues with ds4, it likes to move your character automatically when you boot the game sometimes

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #574 on: 2020-08-07 06:15:51 »
The best way to fix the double name entries is either playing a new game or renaming the characters in Daguerro. even memeria(the save editor and not the engine) cant really fix the problem.
as for the controllers well x360ce to remap the keys to match the psx controller based on their orientation of the keys in real life. Hower in my case the game's built in  controller mapping does match my controller . so i edited the files on my own. 

Oh, I didn't notice you were a dev on this mod, I thought you were just another gamer, sorry, my bad. I don't come to the FF9 boards much. I understand your frustration better.

I just tried playing vanilla but I get the whole "ZidaneZidane" "ViviVivi" etc error, and my controller is completely borked and the controls don't make any sense. For example, left on the analog stick steers me right. Any idea how to fix this so I can play FF9 in the meantime? Did Moguri cause this?