Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 597487 times)

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #950 on: 2009-08-29 05:14:26 »
I know the feeling, couple it with a college workload and you have a recipe for me being around here a lot less... Glad I could help while I was here though... I am still working on a few personal projects unrelated to FF7 if anyone's interested... (They involve TotW:Radiant Mythology, .hack, and an unnamed action-RPG of my own design...) PM me if you care...

Satoh- Out.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2009-08-29 05:21:11 »
I know the feeling, couple it with a college workload and you have a recipe for me being around here a lot less... Glad I could help while I was here though... I am still working on a few personal projects unrelated to FF7 if anyone's interested... (They involve TotW:Radiant Mythology, .hack, and an unnamed action-RPG of my own design...) PM me if you care...

Satoh- Out.

Does that mean you're out for the count? Or just on sabbatical? I was planning on leaving those item icons for you but if you arent going to have the time ill try to find someone else

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2009-08-29 06:50:25 »
Question, whats with the only texture in the "battle" folder, with the yellow line going through it? added it for testing i assume?

EDIT: dunno if it's suppose to be like this, But the muzzle flash under guns is now green (i don't think it was before) i'd screen shot, but Windows 7 hates it..
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 06:58:22 by hellbringer616 »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2009-08-29 15:42:26 »
Question, whats with the only texture in the "battle" folder, with the yellow line going through it? added it for testing i assume?

EDIT: dunno if it's suppose to be like this, But the muzzle flash under guns is now green (i don't think it was before) i'd screen shot, but Windows 7 hates it..

Battle folder can be deleted. Was just an experiment that failed

And yes they are green now, needs to be fixed

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2009-08-29 15:46:06 »
Think i found the issue. Look at hit_1_01.png there is a green burst on it

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2009-08-29 15:57:10 »
Think i found the issue. Look at hit_1_01.png there is a green burst on it

That is tifa's limit break. The problem is with seffect1_03

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2009-08-29 16:53:18 »
Cool, I look forward to the next release!

Might be a while. Running out of steam lol. Gets boring after a while. Last thing i want is to get sick of it
Totally understandable. You've been doing a lot lately. 542 posts in about 20 days is a ton of forum activity. I think you've even beat seifer and kudistos in terms of most posts made in a single day. You deserve a break. What I'd do is just focus on bugfixes/optimizations and just take what I have and turn it into a first final release, then pick it up again when I feel motivated to again, or hand the torch to someone else.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2009-08-29 17:50:17 »
Cool, I look forward to the next release!

Might be a while. Running out of steam lol. Gets boring after a while. Last thing i want is to get sick of it
Totally understandable. You've been doing a lot lately. 542 posts in about 20 days is a ton of forum activity. I think you've even beat seifer and kudistos in terms of most posts made in a single day. You deserve a break. What I'd do is just focus on bugfixes/optimizations and just take what I have and turn it into a first final release, then pick it up again when I feel motivated to again, or hand the torch to someone else.

Lol yeah ive been busy, work is slow right now so thats why i have been able to do so much. I agree with the bugfix thing. Also the next major release is once the item icons are done, but i think i need to find a new artist for those. Satoh has more pressing things in his life right now from what i gather from his last post

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2009-08-29 18:37:59 »
Slightly confused by this, You have the avatars in the avatar folder. But i never see them in game. Are they not enabled by default?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2009-08-29 18:43:38 »
Slightly confused by this, You have the avatars in the avatar folder. But i never see them in game. Are they not enabled by default?

Must have forgot to include the tex files. my bad

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2009-08-29 21:00:15 »

This isn't the first time it hasn't worked

Another thing I noticed now! There was no change in the avatar! Remains unmodified image.

Sorry my bad. Must have missed that

Just use LGP tools, open menu_us.lgp, click on clouds avatar (cloud.tex) then click replace and select the image of the custom avatar
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 21:04:24 by MXster »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2009-08-29 21:06:24 »

This isn't the first time it hasn't worked

Another thing I noticed now! There was no change in the avatar! Remains unmodified image.

Sorry my bad. Must have missed that

Just use LGP tools, open menu_us.lgp, click on clouds avatar (cloud.tex) then click replace and select the image of the custom avatar

Good of you to notice. I am doing this for my own enjoyment. Consider yourself lucky i release anything at all with those kind of remarks

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2009-08-29 21:10:29 »
Good of you to notice. I am doing this for my own enjoyment. Consider yourself lucky i release anything at all with those kind of remarks

Excuse me? When In my post did I say anything hateful or disrespectful? What kind of 'Remarks' are you going on about? I was just pointing out to hellbringer616 that the avatars don't seem to work without adding them manually...
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 21:12:50 by MXster »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2009-08-29 21:12:48 »

Excuse me? When In my post did I say anything hateful or disrespectful? What kind of 'Remarks' are you going on about?

"This isn't the first time it hasn't worked"

Im aware of the problem as the other poster had told me. Theres no reason to tell me ive missed it more then once other then to annoy me

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2009-08-29 21:14:48 »

Excuse me? When In my post did I say anything hateful or disrespectful? What kind of 'Remarks' are you going on about?

Im aware of the problem as the other poster had told me. Theres no reason to tell me ive missed it more then once other then to annoy me

Dude, If you've had a bad day, plz don't take it out on me, I wasn't trying to annoy you, and technically hellbringer616 told you that you missed it for the sceond time not me, so why not have a go at him? I didn't post in caps and I didn't put any explanation marks, so I wasn't trying to be critical. Plus I was posting to hellbringer616, and not to you...
« Last Edit: 2009-08-29 21:19:37 by MXster »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2009-08-29 21:19:41 »

Dude, If you've had a bad day, plz don't take it out on me, I wasn't trying to annoy you, and technically hellbringer616 told you that you missed it for the sceond time not me, so why not have a go at him?

He asked my why it wasnt working. I told him i forgot to put the files in. You were the one that felt the need to point out that i have missed it more then once. Anyways lets drop it. Im not here to start any feuds

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2009-08-29 21:31:13 »
Well to be clear, I wasn't trying to start a feud, you took my post completely the wrong way and got annoyed about nothing  :wink:

Cyber Light

« Reply #967 on: 2009-08-30 02:11:43 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2009-08-30 02:36:06 »
mike strife, that looks great, though your blue materia is to white.  and your green is a bit to blue.

@Sl1982: Thought that was the issue, no biggy. was just curious as to why.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2009-08-30 03:11:23 »
Apparently materia is the biggest inconsistency in people's taste... It's the only part of the mod I've seen remade more than 3 times...

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2009-08-30 03:13:12 »
I personally use sl1982's but people make their own spin on it it seems. I just like to point out any flaws so they might correct them (if they even want to that is)

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2009-08-30 03:19:53 »
Oh, and I'm just not really gonna have much time for FF7 modding... I may submit something randomly here or there if I see anything that strikes my fancy... but I would suggest not counting on me being here every day or anything...

Also, Alex isn't going to model himself...(lazy ass bastard) so... I shall return to my modeling thusly.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2009-08-30 04:05:53 »

MilesTailsPrower

• S.A.S. Leader & Founder
    • View Profile
    • Sexy Action Squad - Website (in dev)
« Reply #973 on: 2009-08-30 04:10:08 »
btw im updateing server now will i have to reupload your mod again now XD

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2009-08-30 04:11:58 »
Satoh, You use vector graphics right? could you point me to a few places to learn? Might be able to help out while you're busy