Author Topic: Tech Demo Replacements  (Read 2766 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Tech Demo Replacements
« on: 2009-01-17 17:47:42 »
Ok, say i went ahead and changed the opening cutscene to the Tech demo one, which is newer, that'd be all fine and lovely. but all of a sudden, there is a massive transition from New to old, as the Background for the original is slightly old, outdated, and doesnt corespond to a lot of things that the new one has.

So, my question is, is it possible to somehow replace
This:

With This?:

Right now, i'm not particularly interested in doing it. but say i did it, regardless of positioning and size and layering and that sort of thing, could it theoretically be done? sorry if this is rather a common question.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-17 17:49:58 by NeoCloudstrife »

NameSpoofer

Re: Tech Demo Replacements
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-17 18:54:57 »
is possible

you have to extract the flevel.lgp and then decode the file called md1_2 which is the opening scene and insert the new picture. But the new picture quality will be greatly decreased and some black dots will appear.

if you use meteor to open the md1_2 file you will see the background pictures has several layers. i don't remember much but i only gave a short amount of time on this because it gets really boring. also i believe that barret movement inside will be messed up ( he will go through a wall instead of an entrance )

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Tech Demo Replacements
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-17 23:04:05 »
Well, last time i checked, meteor could not replace/edit background files, only the 3d walkmesh...

also, i recoloured the picture for fun, but maybe it'd help out anyone if a mod ever became available to do this, what with the colours and all, since the mod probably wouldnt contain a video file of the tech demo: