Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 4938 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Hi guys
« on: 2012-08-23 02:50:22 »
So I was just playing through a bit of ff7 on my ps3 when my memory jerked on an old site I used to frequent, (this one) *cough*.
Anywho I thought I'd pop around and see whats been happening the last few years, and I'm nothing short of amazed at the amount of attention some people have been putting into their projects.
I'm quite considering coming back into the mod scene, but alas I have hardly touched 3ds max in over 3 years, although my photoshop skills have improved quite a bit.

For those wondering where I have been, once I got a job time slowly slipped away from me (i was 17 then), then I left that job and got an apprenticeship as a mechanic, then I did that for two years and got tired of it, and became a shed hand in the shearing industry , and as of the last year I've become a shearer (of sheep)(now I'm nearly 22 :( ). All whilst moving out of home managing relationships and being at work 10-14 hours a day has left me little time to start any projects.
But over the course of winter (work gets quiet) I've been rekindling my passion for the digital arts.
Now I'm not saying I'm going to jump back into the fray, but I might put myself through a crash course on modding the game once more(might even have to read my own tutorial lol).
So if anyone would like to give me a run down of the last few years, or just pop in and say hi would be much appreciated :)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-23 03:09:10 »
I'll pop in and say, that you're actually the whole reason I came to this site.  Seeing what you did with kingdom hearts models gave me a newfound interest in what was a 10 year old game.   If you ever get back interested in the importing side of things, or are just curious, contact me and I can show you who, and what, you inspired since then.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-23 03:22:00 »
Wow that's awesome that I inspired someone to do great things! makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside (in a strictly heterosexual way lol).
I kinda hope people would continue on what I started way back then, and it seems I haven't been let down :D.

On a side note I didn't even know if my account would still be active so i just punched in what I thought was my old password, and viola! Here I am lol.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I still have all the old stuff I did backed up on my hard drive somewhere.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-24 01:03:35 »
My hello hardly counts, since I'm mostly a lurker. But squeeble, I loved your work. You should definitely come back (on behalf of oglers).

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-24 20:54:14 »
Don't really know you but since you have a vincent avatar i think you should come back  :o

steamwolf

• Nihoncha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-28 08:54:58 »
Don't know you either but I don't know most people here....but hey, come back!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-29 07:42:31 »
well for those not in the know, i guess i'm the guy who kicked off the whole changing of battle models and such and using textures, in what was at the time a bunch of fairly basic tools.
But I've heard they have come a fair way in the last few years, which is pretty awesome!

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-29 11:12:10 »
well for those not in the know, i guess i'm the guy who kicked off the whole changing of battle models and such and using textures, in what was at the time a bunch of fairly basic tools.
But I've heard they have come a fair way in the last few years, which is pretty awesome!

And I was the guy who managed the field models and custom sound effects ha ;)
Hey SQUEEBLE! I haven't heard that name in years!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-29 21:52:17 »
Welcome back :D (again :P)

Seems a lot has changed since you were last here, meaning you won't be allowed to port models anymore :-\

Nice to see you again though :D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-30 09:30:27 »
Hey I remember those names :D, Yes weemus you were haha, and yeah I recall popping around a fair while ago and read the banning of all ported model talk lol.
But anyways you probably won't here from me for a while and then BAM! I'll pop out of nowhere and release something Just like the first ime haha.
So yeah I've had allot of good ideas running through my mind as of late and I hear a fair bit of battle and script editing etc an be modified now. I've been thinking about editing the battles and levels and the way monsters attack, I know a few people have done similar things before, but I mean on a more grand scale changing player level stats and the way they level and all that sort of stuff. Theres that idea among about 4 others that I'd like to do, but well its coming spring over here and shearing is starting back up, first few days back and I feel like a cripple lol. But anyway I'll probably be busy for a while so I might get myself educated on the tools in the meantime :)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-31 00:34:09 »
Squeeble's suggestion worked, at least now I won't be destroying the computer.

Haha! Welcome back "legend"! 2007's post... I was just browsing back then...

I guess you still have this awesome CC Aeris model from the "non-illegal" days :D
« Last Edit: 2012-08-31 00:37:56 by Leonhart7413 »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-31 08:50:50 »
yeah I have everything I did backed up somewhere haha, pretty sure it was the KH1 version lol. Check out all these screen names haven't seen them in a long time.