Author Topic: Just made Cloud cast Healing wind...  (Read 6465 times)

Nightmare799

• View Profile
Just made Cloud cast Healing wind...
« on: 2014-01-20 21:59:14 »
Since replacing limits with regular magic didnt work, I have tried to use a limit of a different character, and, to my utter disbelief...It worked!

However Clouds model seems to spaz uncontrolably in an attempt to mimic Aeriths limit animation.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 22:39:47 by Nightmare799 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Just made Cloud cast Healing wind...
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-20 22:48:59 »
Haha! That would be funny and weird to watch!

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-20 23:27:49 »
Haha! That would be funny and weird to watch!

Yeah, It was hillarious! Too bad I cant record a video, but you can reproduce it by taking wallmarket tool, going into initial data, and change Clouds limit braver to healing wind.

Too bad that there is a lotsa stuff coded elsewhere, It keeps people from going insane on this game.

I was wondering is it possible to use that tool to change the model of the weapon in the list to weapon of someone else (as in, change guard stick model into spear)?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-21 13:51:31 »
Limit animations are weird. They are designed with custom animations that are part of the animations' scripts rather than the characters' animation scripts. I'm not explaining that well, but basically if you try to make someone perform Aerith's limits the animation that plays references all of her model's bones (including hair and weapon). Since those bones usually don't exist in the same order they'll look strange if they work at all.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-01-21 14:37:20 »
Limit animations are weird. They are designed with custom animations that are part of the animations' scripts rather than the characters' animation scripts. I'm not explaining that well, but basically if you try to make someone perform Aerith's limits the animation that plays references all of her model's bones (including hair and weapon). Since those bones usually don't exist in the same order they'll look strange if they work at all.

Yeah the game crashed when I tried to use use the Blood Fang with Cloud, which is understandable, considering Nanaki is not even humanoid.

Anyway, I was wondering, since I managed to run wallmarket on my winXP 32bit system after Installing the visual basic pack something, Is there anything else necessary for Bootloader and BFE to run? It seems to me that Alyza either made this compatible only with releases after windows XP, or didnt mention something important that needs to be installed (like visual C++ and .NET Framework.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-02 14:57:37 »
This is not really news especially if you followed my modding progress at all.  You can make just about anyone use the others limits.  However since the limit break animations are stored in the magic LGP you need to set something up to make Kimera able to read the data other wise it wont open.  I tried to figure it out and borde was working on it to.  Been out of the loop for awhile since i've been getting into Mass Effect again.  Weapons yes you can do that too but you need to edit the weapon for the models for the appearance to show otherwise its just new stats and materia slots and name.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-02-03 19:13:10 »
To be honest, I just bypassed the animation/# of bones inconsistency by having Healing Wind use Cloud's normal magic animation (except with the Limit Break flash). This can be done easily by hex-editing his AB file.

In fact, I had a video of it stored on my hard drive since way back when. :P I'm not usually one to brag, but I just can't resist the urge to leave this here. At about 30 seconds on, you can see the Healing Wind animation in good use. ;)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-02-06 04:28:48 »
So you just edited it in the said file?  Would it work for the Sephiroth mods?  I made the battle model compatible for use with bootleg would it also work the same way?

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-02-07 15:45:13 »
So you just edited it in the said file?  Would it work for the Sephiroth mods?  I made the battle model compatible for use with bootleg would it also work the same way?

The AB file? Yep, that's what I edited (along with the actual attack itself, of course). To be honest, I just copied the animation script from Cait Sith's AB file, and there. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work for Sephiroth's model, although I guess the script should be altered slightly because if I remember correct, Sephiroth's magic casting animation has an extra step in it. About bootleg, I don't know anything about that. Never tried it out. :P

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #9 on: 2014-02-14 00:02:48 »
Maybe you'll find this amusing, maybe not...but I do, so I'm leaving this here Cloud Bloodfest/Doom of the Living