Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825853 times)

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8275 on: 2019-07-19 06:04:11 »
@Walkingplague

The tool Black Chocobo can edit your save and your location. If you change it to Bone Village, everything should be fine.

Or you take the lower exit from the dark cave, if you still got a save - it brought me back to the entrance.

@Sega Chief

Spoiler: show
The Corneo-villa of the dark cave had a graphics bug. I picked Tifa and Aeris and as i entered the room with Corneo's desk, Aeris was inside the desk. Didn't have consequences though - i could proceed normally.

The stat system has a really nasty quirk. A certain boss forced confusion and peerless on Tifa, who protected herself with [added effect] + [mystify]. She was confused the whole fight and nothing could heal that, not even death. Tifa's spinning corpse was...unsettling.
I am really thinking about scrapping status defenses altogether because the really nasty bosses seem to force them anyway and my protections prevent a cure.
Is there a way to change that effect? I mean - i have nothing against protect rings and touph rings for everyone but that seems so counterintuitive, especially since i already get a hefty stat malus for protecting myself through materia.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19 06:24:29 by Torawakamaru »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: 2019-07-19 08:43:12 »
Hello! Finally at the end game here farming for ultimate weapons and noticing I don't have Morph at all. I read through a bunch of pages and it sounds like it was somewhere in the early game. I played on the wrong .exe until about Fort Condor, so that might explain why I missed it. Is there anywhere I can find one at this point in the game?

Morph was sitting in the garden next to Aeris' house, so it should still be obtainable (unless playing on a different version/vanilla and grabbed Cover from there instead).

Hi Sega Chief,

I extracted your mod with IroNite tool. I noticed there is a folder named "hext" in unpacked folder. What files and values do i need to change, to have materia equip effect that i would like to play. For example, i want materia equip effect like Master Magic gives +70 to all stats (strength, vit, mag, spi, dex, luck) and max hp +10%, max MP +20%. Do i need to change for all 4 txt in hext folder? Or just files that ff7 exe file that i want to play with mod setting in 7H (ff7_bc.exe)?

You only need to change the file that targets your intended .exe (the listed exe is at the top of the file; there's one for ff7.exe, ff7_en.exe (steam), ff7_bc.exe, and ff7_mo.exe). There should be a block of addresses toward the end of the file, each with 16 bytes. The first byte is the stat value, the second byte is a modifer for positive/negative (00 if it's positive, FF if it's negative). The stat value is signed, so the max range is 127 positive/negative (but it's advised to avoid 3-digit values as they won't appear correctly in the menu).

This is an example (70 in each stat, 10%HP, 20%MP:
[Offset] = 46 00 46 00 46 00 46 00 46 00 46 00 0A 00 14 00
That makes: 70 Strength, 70 Vitality, 70 Magic, 70 Spirit, 70 Dexterity, 70 Luck, 10%HP, and 20%MP in that order.

Thing is though, each Materia has a byte set to it for which set of bonuses/penalties it uses. So what to do is, change the last offset to match the values I posted above and then set Master Magic in the kernel to use the same bonus/penalty set as KOTR.

Sega chief! i posted on one of your you tube videos about this issue, figure id put it on here and ask again. The sp level up system for me was giving +5 stat boosts per use. Just wondering if this has been fixed at all? anybody else have this issue playing nt mod?

The older .exes for NT set it up so that sources would give +5 per use instead of +1; this was recently removed as it meant trouble if the .exe failed to patch and could leave players heavily under-statted. If using 7h you need to get some vanilla .exes as the IRO now patches in .exe changes automatically at run-time. The normal installer shouldn't have this issue as it patches the .exes directly with the new changes and should revert the 5>1 behaviour.

Hello,

First time poster and I want to say I'm really loving the New Threat mod. The new fights and tweaks to the stats/materia have been great and I love all the little humor added to the game.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to get the Chocobuckle Enemy Skill. I've just gotten out of Midgar and am at the Chocobo Farm, but the chocobos don't seem to want to use the move. I feed the chocobo a Gysahl Green then use Quarry Fuse (which I assume replaced L5 suicide) but the chocobo just runs away every time. I've tried other things like using Quarry Fuse without feeding it a green and also waiting until it finished eating the green, but every time the chocobo just runs away.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it not a 100% chance it will use the move?

Thanks in advance for any help.

First off, Chocobuckle only gets used if a Mimmett Green (or Sylkis Green) is used on the chocobo first. The other greens don't flip the flag for Chocobuckle (this is something from vanilla game).

But the other issue seems to be that while the set-up for getting the skill is the same (it's done by tracking the attack ID rather than the nature of the attack itself), the problem is that if the skill kills the chocobo then it won't use Chocobuckle and as Quarry Fuse isn't percentile damage like L5 Suicide was, it makes it trickier to learn later in the game. In the meantime, try using sense on a chocobo to get its HP, and if Quarry Fuse is dealing way more damage than its MaxHP try putting MBarrier on it before using. I think what I'll do is set the chocobo's HP to something extremely high to circumvent this issue next time I make a patch.

Thanks, I found it. Now I am now in the post game and I am a little lost of what to do and what order use.

First thing to do is visit the bottom of the north crater, opening up all the chests you can find. There is a boss sitting on each route though so make sure to save the game before going down there. Characters also give a fixed item after reuniting so don't worry about what paths you send them down. Key things to grab are Shield (first screen), Planet (right-side last screen) + Gospel Spark, HP Plus (left-down), and some other bits and pieces. If encounters get too bothersome, consider turning them off at a save point or equipping Sneak Attack + Teleport. When you reach the bottom, a bunch of stuff will be unlocked.

There's no real fixed order for them, but I would advise always starting with the Crater first to get as much stuff from it as possible so you have more to work with when tackling the extra stuff. To know where to go for the Lv.4 Limits, a new NPC gets added to the Highwind cockpit that gives hints about it. Tifa and Cid need to be party leader to trigger theirs, which can be swapped using another new NPC in the Operations Room (right-side NPC).

-) Materia Caves
-) Lv.4 Limit Bosses (1 per character, Cait Sith technically has one but it's for a material to make his ultimate weapon instead)
-) Junon Leagues
-) Battle Square (Normal, Special, Extra - this last one is accessed through an NPC on the left-side of the hallway)

@Walkingplague

The tool Black Chocobo can edit your save and your location. If you change it to Bone Village, everything should be fine.

Or you take the lower exit from the dark cave, if you still got a save - it brought me back to the entrance.

@Sega Chief

The Corneo-villa of the dark cave had a graphics bug. I picked Tifa and Aeris and as i entered the room with Corneo's desk, Aeris was inside the desk. Didn't have consequences though - i could proceed normally.

The stat system has a really nasty quirk. A certain boss forced confusion and peerless on Tifa, who protected herself with [added effect] + [mystify]. She was confused the whole fight and nothing could heal that, not even death. Tifa's spinning corpse was...unsettling.
I am really thinking about scrapping status defenses altogether because the really nasty bosses seem to force them anyway and my protections prevent a cure.
Is there a way to change that effect? I mean - i have nothing against protect rings and touph rings for everyone but that seems so counterintuitive, especially since i already get a hefty stat malus for protecting myself through materia.

Yeah, she isn't hidden properly; there's some logic going on with the Wall Market fields to display one of two field models and I ran afoul of it.

I'm scrapping ignore status defence from the final update, as it causes too many problems and goes against the grain of preparing a team. Peerless can be removed using Debarrier or Dispel, but if a status is forced through when resistance is innate (from armour, materia, etc.) then it stays on as what status immunity effectively is in this game is a toggle lock.

bxrlegend

• View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: 2019-07-19 14:31:56 »
Hey guys,

I mistakenly tried using this mod with the reunion mod and it added weird lines under text in the game menu. Would anyone know how to correct this issue? I use this mod as an iro in 7th heaven. I have deactivated the reunion mod and still have the issue.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19 17:37:14 by bxrlegend »

afant

• View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: 2019-07-19 15:39:05 »
I'm scrapping ignore status defence from the final update, as it causes too many problems and goes against the grain of preparing a team. Peerless can be removed using Debarrier or Dispel, but if a status is forced through when resistance is innate (from armour, materia, etc.) then it stays on as what status immunity effectively is in this game is a toggle lock.

I kind of loved it TBH, made the fight a real challenge and I thought it being undispellable (I had Ribbon on Barret) was intended. I had to reload twice or thrice even though I was steamrolling everything at that point with 4x Cut Powersoul, 4x Cut Missing Score (4x mastered Osmose) and 14x 150% Break/turn from Cloud (Contain with 4x Quadra Magic, MP Turbo, MP Absorb and W-Magic). Don't remember exactly how I won the fight but I think the inflicted character died from Dual and lost the status that way while I managed to keep the others alive somehow.

afant

• View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: 2019-07-19 15:45:42 »
-) Junon Leagues

Speaking of the Junon Leagues, are they unlocked at a certain point of the story or do you need to be a certain level? I think I did them immediately following the Junon UW Reactor (Powersoul + Curse Ring) and found them perhaps a little too easy only losing three-four fights in total. Are you able to do them earlier than that if you do a powergaming run (not overleveling but optimize your characters hard)?

c0vingt0n

• View Profile
« Reply #8280 on: 2019-07-19 20:08:01 »
First off, Chocobuckle only gets used if a Mimmett Green (or Sylkis Green) is used on the chocobo first. The other greens don't flip the flag for Chocobuckle (this is something from vanilla game).

But the other issue seems to be that while the set-up for getting the skill is the same (it's done by tracking the attack ID rather than the nature of the attack itself), the problem is that if the skill kills the chocobo then it won't use Chocobuckle and as Quarry Fuse isn't percentile damage like L5 Suicide was, it makes it trickier to learn later in the game. In the meantime, try using sense on a chocobo to get its HP, and if Quarry Fuse is dealing way more damage than its MaxHP try putting MBarrier on it before using. I think what I'll do is set the chocobo's HP to something extremely high to circumvent this issue next time I make a patch.

Hi Sega,

Thanks for the response, using Mimmett Greens did the trick! Your passion for taking the time to answer questions here and continued work on the mod really shows in its quality and I'm loving it so far. In regards to your last point about the chocobo's HP, it looks like you may have done that already as the chocobos near the farm had 10,000 hp when I sensed it. I don't know about the other chocobo areas as I haven't gotten that far but I assume they would be similar as well.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: 2019-07-20 08:50:52 »
Hi Sega Chief,

i started a new playthrough in Arrange mode. Will i be able to end the game? I heard something about a bug that lets the game crash at the endboss...? I am tempted to do a run entirely without Mr. Smile but if i can't see the scene anyways...

Regarding Light Nation: In the normal mod you can hurt him and he morphs into a peace ring. This time i could not hurt him at all and had to wait until he ran out of mp to finish off Rufus (because of White Wind). I looked a bit around with Prod Clod and found the Light Nation entry and stats and all but i could not find the reason for his invulnerability. How did you do that?

What is the damage formula in this game? Is it different from the base game? I am asking because if i manage to get 255 Def or Mdef the received damage drops drastically - way below the 230 or even 240 level. In this playthrough Barret already had 160 Def with lvl 16 (Cover ftw!) but the damage reduction was...maybe 40% compared to ~30 Def Aeris...i wonder where the sweet spot in the early-midgame is...

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: 2019-07-20 11:26:17 »
Hi guys, one question: Does Multicut works with commandcounter??

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: 2019-07-20 14:10:43 »
Oh my god, the Goldberry boss. It was a very long battle (I am in CD2 still, just after Cloud backs). I managed to do them after several trys and when I found a good strategy it taken over 50 minutes to kill them. Chronocure was the key, but I had it because I had "Alpha" before change the version. Anyway was fun :P (I have a video of it xD).

Btw, if a character has equipped "Fury Ring" (The autoberserker one), Chronocure is able to "heal" it. Is it deliberated?

Thanks for the mod :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: 2019-07-21 02:13:19 »
Hey guys,

I mistakenly tried using this mod with the reunion mod and it added weird lines under text in the game menu. Would anyone know how to correct this issue? I use this mod as an iro in 7th heaven. I have deactivated the reunion mod and still have the issue.

Maybe something was overwritten by Reunion? I'm not sure what though, it could either be the executable, the Window.bin in the kernel, or some texture file somewhere for fonts.

I kind of loved it TBH, made the fight a real challenge and I thought it being undispellable (I had Ribbon on Barret) was intended. I had to reload twice or thrice even though I was steamrolling everything at that point with 4x Cut Powersoul, 4x Cut Missing Score (4x mastered Osmose) and 14x 150% Break/turn from Cloud (Contain with 4x Quadra Magic, MP Turbo, MP Absorb and W-Magic). Don't remember exactly how I won the fight but I think the inflicted character died from Dual and lost the status that way while I managed to keep the others alive somehow.

I was wanting to add a set of 'challenge fights' that don't drop anything so maybe I could reserve those kinds of attacks for 1 of those fights instead.

Speaking of the Junon Leagues, are they unlocked at a certain point of the story or do you need to be a certain level? I think I did them immediately following the Junon UW Reactor (Powersoul + Curse Ring) and found them perhaps a little too easy only losing three-four fights in total. Are you able to do them earlier than that if you do a powergaming run (not overleveling but optimize your characters hard)?

I'm not sure to be honest, I think the first set is Disc 1, the second Disc 2, and the final set for Disc 3.

Hi Sega,

Thanks for the response, using Mimmett Greens did the trick! Your passion for taking the time to answer questions here and continued work on the mod really shows in its quality and I'm loving it so far. In regards to your last point about the chocobo's HP, it looks like you may have done that already as the chocobos near the farm had 10,000 hp when I sensed it. I don't know about the other chocobo areas as I haven't gotten that far but I assume they would be similar as well.

Ah, that's good to hear. Interestingly, all the Greens have a different effect on the Chobocos. Some reduce their chance to run each turn, some make them more likely to run but will keep them occupied for a few turns, and things like that.

Hi Sega Chief,

i started a new playthrough in Arrange mode. Will i be able to end the game? I heard something about a bug that lets the game crash at the endboss...? I am tempted to do a run entirely without Mr. Smile but if i can't see the scene anyways...

Regarding Light Nation: In the normal mod you can hurt him and he morphs into a peace ring. This time i could not hurt him at all and had to wait until he ran out of mp to finish off Rufus (because of White Wind). I looked a bit around with Prod Clod and found the Light Nation entry and stats and all but i could not find the reason for his invulnerability. How did you do that?

What is the damage formula in this game? Is it different from the base game? I am asking because if i manage to get 255 Def or Mdef the received damage drops drastically - way below the 230 or even 240 level. In this playthrough Barret already had 160 Def with lvl 16 (Cover ftw!) but the damage reduction was...maybe 40% compared to ~30 Def Aeris...i wonder where the sweet spot in the early-midgame is...

I think I fixed it but I'm not sure, if it is busted then I'll go in again and force it to be a 1-party fight to avoid the problem. One thing that can happen is that if you a certain someone isn't around then it means 8 party members aren't guaranteed like they were in older builds which can cause a softlock when trying to set up the third party and only having one party member instead of 2.

His AI sets a flag for invincibility, off the top of my head it's in the pre-battle AI script:
12 2060 (self)
10 4028/29 (flag ID for physical/magical invuln)
60 01 (Set falg value to 1, which = On)

The character AI doubles defence at the start of the battle, in a similar way to what enemies do. This means that at the very cap of the stat the mitigation reaches something crazy like 99%.

Hi guys, one question: Does Multicut works with commandcounter??

It doesn't unfortunately.

Oh my god, the Goldberry boss. It was a very long battle (I am in CD2 still, just after Cloud backs). I managed to do them after several trys and when I found a good strategy it taken over 50 minutes to kill them. Chronocure was the key, but I had it because I had "Alpha" before change the version. Anyway was fun :P (I have a video of it xD).

Btw, if a character has equipped "Fury Ring" (The autoberserker one), Chronocure is able to "heal" it. Is it deliberated?

Thanks for the mod :P

Ah, I didn't think of that with Fury Ring; what Chorocure does is, it force sets all statuses on a character to be off so I guess it can 'beat' the Fury Ring status too. I didn't think of that at the time, but it sounds OK.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: 2019-07-22 11:15:44 »
I'm sorry, I forgot, what will the new release be?

PenguinGatez

• View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: 2019-07-22 14:49:42 »
Hi sorry I don't know if this is place to post for questions. I just have simple quick question if you or anyone could answer. I'm 8/8 with Mr smiley with some characters, what's next? Is it still possible to farm sources? Thanks for helping.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: 2019-07-22 17:04:55 »
I'm sorry, I forgot, what will the new release be?

It's a full-scale update, but a special one because it'll be the last. After that it'll just be bug-fixes and the like.

Hi sorry I don't know if this is place to post for questions. I just have simple quick question if you or anyone could answer. I'm 8/8 with Mr smiley with some characters, what's next? Is it still possible to farm sources? Thanks for helping.

8/8 is maxed, yeah; sources can't be acquired for that character after that point but you can add more using a save editor if you want.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: 2019-07-23 11:55:06 »
Hi Sega Chief,

regarding my criticism of Magic Hammer  - i made a mistake. I attacked the enemy who has it not realizing that he has a crazy amount of MR, so that skill is fine. :)

Has the location of the deathblow materia in Arrange mode changed? I did not find it in the glacier (even tried Proud Clod, map part 675).

I like what you did with the Drill Arm for Barret - at first i thought this weapon was op as i cut through the adamantaimais like butter but that hit rate... had 5 misses in a row against a shinra trooper in the temple of the ancients. It's nice that i have a fallback weapon against obscene DEF.

There is a minor error with Ramuh - the summon menu still mentions the paralyze effect (i would like that though - defense against Paralyze through materia? Yes, please.)

The lvl3 limits seem a bit underwhelming. They take forever to build up and right now my party fights better with Cloud's ubiquitous lvl1 DEF reduction and Tifa's spammable 2-hit-combo. Maybe that's a Cloud issue though. DEF reduction is just so useful and unique.

« Last Edit: 2019-07-23 12:47:11 by Torawakamaru »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: 2019-07-23 13:13:36 »
Hi Sega Chief,

regarding my criticism of Magic Hammer  - i made a mistake. I attacked the enemy who has it not realizing that he has a crazy amount of MR, so that skill is fine. :)

Has the location of the deathblow materia in Arrange mode changed? I did not find it in the glacier (even tried Proud Clod, map part 675).

I like what you did with the Drill Arm for Barret - at first i thought this weapon was op as i cut through the adamantaimais like butter but that hit rate... had 5 misses in a row against a shinra trooper in the temple of the ancients. It's nice that i have a fallback weapon against obscene DEF.

There is a minor error with Ramuh - the summon menu still mentions the paralyze effect (i would like that though - defense against Paralyze through materia? Yes, please.)

The lvl3 limits seem a bit underwhelming. They take forever to build up and right now my party fights better with Cloud's ubiquitous lvl1 DEF reduction and Tifa's spammable 2-hit-combo. Maybe that's a Cloud issue though. DEF reduction is just so useful and unique.

Deathblow was swapped with Added Cut, so it'll be in the glacier; the route you need to take is: go to the mountaintop in the east, then take the NW route off the field (there are two going NW, use the upper one; don't use the N/NE one). The angle of the route should be: \  hug the right-hand side as you progress and keep your eyes peeled for it.

That location isn't great to begin with, I'll relocate it to the hot springs or something.

Ramuh Materia not having paralysis is a limitation, the editor doesn't have fields for the far-right set of statuses which I think is maybe to do with there not being allocated enough bytes to handle the status information originally.

I'll adjust the limit charge rate and bases.

vegetamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: 2019-07-23 15:43:03 »
Hello again SegaChief, I guess I found a minor bug. I just back to Midgar and saw this:
https://mega.nz/#F!YOwAGIQS!F4MJEGiipwYI3L5fRwGpWA . You can find there an imagen and the save file. It is a minor bug thought, just visual. I am not totally sure if Aerith can be ressed in New Threat, but a npc in Highwind, some videos and this cutscene looks like it. Anyway the minor bug is that Aerith is here and I don't have her at that point.

Thanks again for the mod!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: 2019-07-23 16:00:51 »
Hello again SegaChief, I guess I found a minor bug. I just back to Midgar and saw this:
https://mega.nz/#F!YOwAGIQS!F4MJEGiipwYI3L5fRwGpWA . You can find there an imagen and the save file. It is a minor bug thought, just visual. I am not totally sure if Aerith can be ressed in New Threat, but a npc in Highwind, some videos and this cutscene looks like it. Anyway the minor bug is that Aerith is here and I don't have her at that point.

Thanks again for the mod!

It's the thing where your party appears in towns to talk to, some of the logic is off and failing to hide models that aren't in use.

HolyOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: 2019-07-23 18:00:22 »
Hello, i have a problem about the new threat mod.

The new modification of limit Breath of Earth from Aerith doesnt work, it is supposed to restore HP but dont apply that effect, only restore bad effects.

Edit : Same for Planet Protector, the description said "add Wall/Shield/Regen" but instead i had the vanilla invincible effect.

Edit 2 : Nevermind, i solved the problem, it was a language problem from the exe.file,

PS : i dont like the statistic effect from the all materia, "Magic -5" its a bit harsh, multitarget already reduce the power and reduce also the power of single target spell. its not really worth it.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-23 19:26:02 by HolyOkami »

Fishmeistercod

• View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: 2019-07-23 19:44:55 »
It seems using Barret's Enemy Launcher weapon that hits all enemies, along with 4x Cut, makes the game forget how to work. He hits once, and then both sides seem to agree to a permanent ceasefire.

Running is not an option, as Barret's still trying to attack, but he seems to have forgotten how. :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: 2019-07-23 21:18:20 »
Hello, i have a problem about the new threat mod.

The new modification of limit Breath of Earth from Aerith doesnt work, it is supposed to restore HP but dont apply that effect, only restore bad effects.

Edit : Same for Planet Protector, the description said "add Wall/Shield/Regen" but instead i had the vanilla invincible effect.

Edit 2 : Nevermind, i solved the problem, it was a language problem from the exe.file,

PS : i dont like the statistic effect from the all materia, "Magic -5" its a bit harsh, multitarget already reduce the power and reduce also the power of single target spell. its not really worth it.

I'll keep that in mind with the materia effects, will make some fine-tuning.

It seems using Barret's Enemy Launcher weapon that hits all enemies, along with 4x Cut, makes the game forget how to work. He hits once, and then both sides seem to agree to a permanent ceasefire.

Running is not an option, as Barret's still trying to attack, but he seems to have forgotten how. :P

Ah damn, really? I'm guessing this also happens with Vincent's shotgun?

Veldryn

• View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: 2019-07-24 01:50:17 »
Hello everyone, first of all great job overall for the mod. It revitalized ffvii for me. :)

I have a little problem concerning the dark cave. Once entered, I have the beginning of the dialogue between Barret and Cloud, but after the line ''I dunno, ... the other aren't here either.'' the game stop working. The character model are still breathing, but nothing else is happening.

Is it a problem with the script or might it comes from elsewhere ? ^.^'

Thanks in advance

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: 2019-07-24 02:55:37 »
Hi Sega Chief,

an All + Regen spell just missed on one of my chars. Equipment was this:

Red XIII with with Crystal Comb / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring cast it on everyone and
missed Tifa with Crystal Glove / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring.

Red had iirc darkness but nothing else. First time that happened at all.

I was in combat with a Sea worm near Mideel, he attacked me with Sandstorm and i cast Regen on all. It missed and i cast it again with her as a target. Then it worked.

/Edit: wtf, again. It worked on the 2 others and missed Tifa.
/Edit 2: And again. But only Tifa gets missed. Red had darkness.
/Edit 3: Might be the Touph Ring? Now Cid cast it on the party and missed himself: Partisan / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring

Tifa is the party leader btw and Cloud not yet found.

I can upload a save, if necessary.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 04:27:31 by Torawakamaru »

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: 2019-07-24 06:18:27 »
Quick question, can rank ups be postponed? For example: If Cloud reaches Rank 3, is there an option to delay it for later and then move on to the next character’s rank up?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: 2019-07-24 08:32:12 »
Hello everyone, first of all great job overall for the mod. It revitalized ffvii for me. :)

I have a little problem concerning the dark cave. Once entered, I have the beginning of the dialogue between Barret and Cloud, but after the line ''I dunno, ... the other aren't here either.'' the game stop working. The character model are still breathing, but nothing else is happening.

Is it a problem with the script or might it comes from elsewhere ? ^.^'

Thanks in advance

I think it's to do with other mods, specifically field mods. The cause is unknown, but that initial field seems to be a bit strange in general. Best thing to do is start it with just NT enabled, reach the first save point, and then re-enable your other mods.

Hi Sega Chief,

an All + Regen spell just missed on one of my chars. Equipment was this:

Red XIII with with Crystal Comb / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring cast it on everyone and
missed Tifa with Crystal Glove / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring.

Red had iirc darkness but nothing else. First time that happened at all.

I was in combat with a Sea worm near Mideel, he attacked me with Sandstorm and i cast Regen on all. It missed and i cast it again with her as a target. Then it worked.

/Edit: wtf, again. It worked on the 2 others and missed Tifa.
/Edit 2: And again. But only Tifa gets missed. Red had darkness.
/Edit 3: Might be the Touph Ring? Now Cid cast it on the party and missed himself: Partisan / Rune Armlet / Touph Ring

Tifa is the party leader btw and Cloud not yet found.

I can upload a save, if necessary.

Regen was made Restorative element, so it's likely that half-resistance will cause it to miss more frequently. Touph Ring I think is one of those accessories that affects restorative on the character as a drawback to the defence/mdef buff it gives. If Regen isn't missing at all when Touph Ring isn't equipped then I'd say it's that. For later, bear in mind as well that Ziedrich also halves Restorative as it halves all elemental damage, and Curse Ring/Relic Ring null/absorb the restorative element so Regen definitely won't work when those are equipped.

Quick question, can rank ups be postponed? For example: If Cloud reaches Rank 3, is there an option to delay it for later and then move on to the next character’s rank up?

Not at present, but I could add it.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: 2019-07-24 10:58:01 »
Regen was made Restorative element, so it's likely that half-resistance will cause it to miss more frequently.

Thank you, that makes sense.

I visited Mideel and took the rotten elixir from that old man and his dog. Sadly there was no downside to using it in the next fight but my chars with the Cover materia protected each other from taking it. This was also the case in the next fights. I threw elixirs left and right and they work as intended but that they get caught is new to me. My memory is fuzzy though and i rarely had to use elixirs at all until now.

Btw i am not sure what i should think of the item placement regarding things that could be lost forever, like the old HP-Shout or old W-Item (8/10; would get trolled again). It's nice that you can earn everything through hard work at all times in the lategame but there could be at least something for the ones who visit the extra locations. Maybe difficult to morph weapons? Or non-unique but rare materia. A starlight phone could be a balanced replacement in the Shinra HQ, for example.

Good feature, i would support that addition.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 11:00:06 by Torawakamaru »