Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825823 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6625 on: 2018-01-24 22:42:44 »
Would New Threat 1.5 and the Beacause re-translation mods be compatible?  What where it fit into the 7th Heaven load order?

I don't think they are compatible I'm afraid.

So I ran some tests on the executable. The potion amount was even more limited than I thought, taking a max of 127 rather than 255 but I just tested using a jump to expand it slightly and got it to take the intended value of 300 so Potions will be going back up from 200 to 300 now (same with Ethers).

The Source problem seems a bit more complex. Power and Mind sources seem to be passed in differently than the others (or I've gotten the wrong address, but nothing close by matches what's used for the other sources).

Edit: Fixed the source problem with Power & Mind; changing it to use the whole eax register seems to sort it out but I'll do some extra tests first.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-24 23:30:13 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: 2018-01-25 01:13:51 »
Patched the EXE and got a hotfix installer together for it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/685ik1k8y86petp/NT%20Mod%20HotFix%20EXE%20-%2025th%20January%202018.zip

Sources & Items fixed; Potions and Ethers restore 300HP and 300MP in the menu for now whereas in-battle they'll restore 200 but I'm going to update the installer tomorrow assuming no issues arise with these .exe files.

Edit: Full installer with fixed .exes
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kngsls4ass5cz3a/NT%201.5%20Build%20-%2025th%20January%202018.zip
« Last Edit: 2018-01-25 14:42:55 by Sega Chief »

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: 2018-01-25 18:30:53 »
Sega well again for the ultimate weapons IN game , the weapon seller asks me for different things as what is on the WHERE IS THE THING document,  I actually have the things for tifas ultimate weapon per the documnt :Powrsould master fist and gods hand, the weapon seller says I dont have the materials I need,
He asks for God Hand, crystal glove and Micro engine
I search for some of the items the wapon seller asks  on the enemy items document sure enough some are there, but I know at least one isnt, iahvent searched the whole thing but the X ATM Core isnt I am guessing that I get it at the same time I get barrets limit 4,
still there are inconsistencies and some items are not listed thought id give u a headsup since u just updated them

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: 2018-01-25 18:55:32 »
Bit confused, there are no listings for ultimate weapons in the 'where is' document. The only mention of them are:

Ultimate Weapons: Weapon House, Gongaga Area
Note: These are crafted using two other weapons and a special item.
Look for a small blue house close to Gongaga on the World Map.

Does the text in this pastebin match the text of your 'where is' document:
https://pastebin.com/wQzvFP5T

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: 2018-01-25 19:03:27 »
Just below that you will see a list like this, this one however I already added the differences as to give u hand bro:

Yoshiyuki: SOLDIER M-Class, Drop (Junon, Alarm Junction)

Heaven's Cloud: Iron Man [Drop/Morph]

Ragnarok: Iron Man [Steal]
---Zenogias feather instead of Yoshiyuki (DROP ULTIMA WEAPON)

Pile Banger: Armored Golem [Drop/Morph]

Max Ray: Armored Golem [Steal]
+++++   X- atm core(DROP}

Powersoul: Materia Keeper [Drop], Mt. Nibel

Master Fist: Ho-Chu [Drop], Ancient Forest

God's Hand: Mover [Morph]
------God Hand, Crystal glove (hard attacker Steal), Micro Engine

Behemoth Horn: King Behemoth [Drop/Morph]

Spring Gun Clip: King Behemoth [Steal]
++++Red Crystal (dont know probablyy obtained at the same time as limit)

Fairy Tale: Jenova DEATH [drop] & Junon Shop (Disc 2)

Wizard Staff: Pollensalta, Drop
+++ Gospel Spark

Grow Lance: Crater Dragon [Drop/Morph]

Spirit Lance: Crater Dragon, Steal

Flayer: Gold Saucer, Speed Square (Disc 2/3)
-----Luvluv G instead of flayer

Oritsuru: Christopher [Drop]

Magic Shuriken: Christopher [Steal]
+++7777 needles

Platinum M-Phone: Mover [Drop]

Starlight Phone: Master Tonberry [Drop]
-----Crystal phone(STEAL senior grunt )  ,Starlight phone and dark matter

Sniper CR: Malboro [Drop]

Outsider: Junon Leagues Tier III Prize & Malboro [Morph]
++++Pulse Ammo

the === mean there is something different
the +++ means that was added but isnt in the list

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6630 on: 2018-01-25 19:06:03 »
Had to take note of what the weapon seller asks me for, and yes its from the WHERE IS THE THING document which is in both The september and  january patches

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: 2018-01-25 19:13:09 »
Had to take note of what the weapon seller asks me for, and yes its from the WHERE IS THE THING document which is in both The september and  january patches

I think you've misunderstood the document, the weapons listed there aren't stated as being for crafting ultimate weapons. It's a listing of where all the end-game weapons and equipment can be acquired from (Yoshiyuki was listed as an exception because people were missing it).

Edit:
I added headings and shuffled the entry about where to get Ult weapons above Triple AP weapons to avoid confusion in future:
https://pastebin.com/X1jC1BHv
« Last Edit: 2018-01-25 19:20:55 by Sega Chief »

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: 2018-01-26 18:35:22 »
Hey!! so i´ve been playing the NT 1.5 (The most recent version for 7th heaven) and for the most part the game seems balanced. I just don´t get how SP works, like i have been using RED XIII for basically the entire game(i just reached rocket town, disk 1) and he is only level 2, same as tifa who i didnt use too much, other characters like aerith and barret are around the same level 1-2(Cloud is 2 as well i think, maybe 3 i cant remember, sorry.), well vincent joined and he is already level 3, i thought the more i used the character the more sp i got, but it doesnt seems thats the case... Anyway it seems like there is a rather balance problem in terms of "Leveling up the characters"

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: 2018-01-26 20:14:19 »
Hey!! so i´ve been playing the NT 1.5 (The most recent version for 7th heaven) and for the most part the game seems balanced. I just don´t get how SP works, like i have been using RED XIII for basically the entire game(i just reached rocket town, disk 1) and he is only level 2, same as tifa who i didnt use too much, other characters like aerith and barret are around the same level 1-2(Cloud is 2 as well i think, maybe 3 i cant remember, sorry.), well vincent joined and he is already level 3, i thought the more i used the character the more sp i got, but it doesnt seems thats the case... Anyway it seems like there is a rather balance problem in terms of "Leveling up the characters"

SP is fed into a single variable when a fight ends, and when the player visits a save point this value is copied and added onto the current active party's SP; inactive party members get 50% of this value instead. So differences in characters for rank will depend on how many battles are being fought. Characters who join later in the game start with some ranks unlocked already so that they aren't behind.

The system isn't very transparent and has some limitations, such as the upper limit of stored SP being 255 (for the 'processing' SP variable and for each character's individual SP variable). I'll probably drop it from 2.0 and lock it behind specific points in the story/bosses instead but that'll be difficult to implement for 1.5 because it'll clash with current saves.

What I'll do for 1.5 is set it as a single currency for all characters that can be spent on anyone with successive ranks costing more. That way players can choose to ignore a character or two and invest it in the ones they intend to use.

@all
I'm looking at 7H to see how .exe changes are implemented with it; when that's done, and assuming no issues have arisen with the executable changes, I'll release the new installer + 7H IRO to replace the old non-exe ones.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6634 on: 2018-01-26 21:53:48 »
@all
I'm looking at 7H to see how .exe changes are implemented with it; when that's done, and assuming no issues have arisen with the executable changes, I'll release the new installer + 7H IRO to replace the old non-exe ones.

Could you look into converting the exe changes to a hex file using DLPB tools. I have done so with MO and Becuase exes, so the next update to 7H no longer needs separate exe file paths to be assigned in Workshop -> Settings -> FF7 Exe

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: 2018-01-26 22:49:05 »
Could you look into converting the exe changes to a hex file using DLPB tools. I have done so with MO and Becuase exes, so the next update to 7H no longer needs separate exe file paths to be assigned in Workshop -> Settings -> FF7 Exe

Yeah I'm using hextedit for .exe changes at the moment. I was hoping something similar to hextlaunch would be in 7H but looks like you're adding it which is handy. I'll send the hext document over tonight but I need to sort out an issue with the flevel.

@all
I need to sort the flevel out, some of the fixes are in a separate flevel. I must've made a copy at some point to test the sources and forgot to consolidate it all together (costa del sol save point move isn't in current upload, might be other things as well).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: 2018-01-27 15:43:22 »
Fixed up the flevel and put it all back together:

Standard Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/09xcriiiidvjrhy/NT_1.5_Build_-_27th_January_2018.zip

7H IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s0dc38klh8u1g4h/FF7_NT_IRO_27th_January_2018.zip

I'll change the front-page files in a day or two assuming no other issues have been spotted. If you want to blend the executable changes with another .exe then I recommend grabbing DLPB's Hext-Tools and using the HextEdit tool to apply the code changes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lw7llln9r0cr3zm/FF7%20EXE%201.5%20HextEdit.txt

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: 2018-01-29 21:03:44 »
Quick posting a few minor bugs:

- Cloud's innate procs at every Limit, resulting in him getting stacks when others use their Limits (dunno if its intended, but seems broken to me)

- Barret's innate doesnt seem to proc on certain enemies melee attacks (for example: claw attack of the green sea horse enemies at the second reactor, forgot the name :-\)

- Field music playing when entering a battle at the bridge before the screen with Cloud's flashback (Tifa at Mt. Nibel reactor) at second reactor (where the save point stands)

- Plasmabuster (2nd bombing mission) facing wrong direction after turning/counter, resulting in getting "backstab" damage up front

- Aeris innate tutorial text first says it WILL absorb poison then say it doesnt cover poison

Thats it! If i encounter more bugs i will post them here ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: 2018-01-30 00:10:43 »
Quick posting a few minor bugs:

- Cloud's innate procs at every Limit, resulting in him getting stacks when others use their Limits (dunno if its intended, but seems broken to me)

- Barret's innate doesnt seem to proc on certain enemies melee attacks (for example: claw attack of the green sea horse enemies at the second reactor, forgot the name :-\)

- Field music playing when entering a battle at the bridge before the screen with Cloud's flashback (Tifa at Mt. Nibel reactor) at second reactor (where the save point stands)

- Plasmabuster (2nd bombing mission) facing wrong direction after turning/counter, resulting in getting "backstab" damage up front

- Aeris innate tutorial text first says it WILL absorb poison then say it doesnt cover poison

Thats it! If i encounter more bugs i will post them here ;)

It was intended to be any Limit but it seems a bit much as-is.

I think that rolling claw has a %-based damage formula, maybe it's been set to magical by accident.

Mt. Nibel's music is like spaghetti junction at the moment; I'll have another look at it but I'll prob end up making it broken for later scenes.

Air Buster has always had the facing problem; his AI and his animations both conflict and end up having him face the wrong way visually. The only way to keep track is to see who he attacked last and assume he's facing that direction (even if he's not physically facing it). I've an idea to sort it out though but it'll involve an AI rewrite.

I must have missed that on Aeris' text. Thanks for letting me know.

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: 2018-01-30 13:02:48 »
I could imagine that Cloud's innate just seems broken in the beginning of the game, since you use a lot of Lv.1 Limit's... Later on it will become more harder to get those 3 stacks with Lv3-4 Limit's (considering you will make use of the "Sad" status to get those extra def for tougher fights)... So dont get me wrong: I like the change of Cloud's innate to something stackable rather then some flat bonus that will perish in longer fights, its more relateable and useful in the end ;)

Tombery

• View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: 2018-02-01 11:55:33 »
Hey Sega Chief,
thanks again for your hard work. This mod is amazing.

I found an Issue:
Chole´s Chocobo Inspection seems broken. The Chocobo she mentions as fastest runner/sprinter has the lowest Top speed on the Chocobo Square ( about 52km/h)

Maybe you could check this.

Best regards

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: 2018-02-01 16:14:00 »
Hey Sega Chief,
thanks again for your hard work. This mod is amazing.

I found an Issue:
Chole´s Chocobo Inspection seems broken. The Chocobo she mentions as fastest runner/sprinter has the lowest Top speed on the Chocobo Square ( about 52km/h)

Maybe you could check this.

Best regards

I think sprint is a separate stat from top speed, but I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of it.

Tombery

• View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: 2018-02-01 18:28:40 »
Ok, so you didn't change anything about it? It seems that she takes the slowest one as the fastest.

But that's no serious issue.

« Last Edit: 2018-02-01 18:33:08 by Tombery »

rickbuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: 2018-02-01 20:54:16 »
So...  first time posting here.  Been a long time since I fully played through FF7 and I recently had the urge, and I decided to use every mod improvement I could find.  I just wanted to ask a question or two and leave a couple of comments.

-Great mod btw, really has renewed my interest in this old game.

-I played about halfway through the game with new threat 1.4 before discovering new threat 1.5 and decided to start over.  I just finished the boat sequence after Junon with 1.5 then discovered the new beta version of 1.5 available here for the last couple of days.  I'm particularly interested in trying it to see the new stat balancing for materia.  I felt that most materia had harsher downsides than upsides, and were particularly painful to use early game before stats from SP ranks canceled out the downsides (hard to convince myself to wear materia to level it up if it means I'll be running around with 0 dex/vitality).

-On that note, using the seventh heaven manager, can I replace the old 1.5 version with the new 1.5 version in my load order without having any problems with my save or would I need to start the game over again?

-Does this sound right?  (This bit seems to have worked properly)
     -Backup and replace my ff7.exe,
     -set the manager to use the new .exe
     -disable "The reunion menu overhaul" since it also uses it's own exe, which I was previously using. 
     -replace old version of 1.5 with the new version in my load order

-Stat balancing seems inconsistent.  Compare pugilist to shinra turk for example.

-Does luck effect spells?  Options with luck and magic don't seem like they'd be to good.

-The only elemental attribute I haven't figured out is hidden, is that attached to something late game?

-In 1.4 I almost got progression blocked on the boat after Junon because I only had 2 ether, the boss drains mana, and you can't really grind since the merchant doesn't sell tents.  I'll admit though I hadn't yet realized how good osmosis was at that point.  Seemed like he was nerfed for 1.5, or at least the adds didn't spawn, still might not be a bad idea to slightly expand the merchant inventory though.

EDIT:  Osmosis effect seems to be capped at 40mp now.

« Last Edit: 2018-02-02 18:24:11 by rickbuzz »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: 2018-02-02 21:52:06 »
So...  first time posting here.  Been a long time since I fully played through FF7 and I recently had the urge, and I decided to use every mod improvement I could find.  I just wanted to ask a question or two and leave a couple of comments.

-Great mod btw, really has renewed my interest in this old game.

-I played about halfway through the game with new threat 1.4 before discovering new threat 1.5 and decided to start over.  I just finished the boat sequence after Junon with 1.5 then discovered the new beta version of 1.5 available here for the last couple of days.  I'm particularly interested in trying it to see the new stat balancing for materia.  I felt that most materia had harsher downsides than upsides, and were particularly painful to use early game before stats from SP ranks canceled out the downsides (hard to convince myself to wear materia to level it up if it means I'll be running around with 0 dex/vitality).

-On that note, using the seventh heaven manager, can I replace the old 1.5 version with the new 1.5 version in my load order without having any problems with my save or would I need to start the game over again?

-Does this sound right?  (This bit seems to have worked properly)
     -Backup and replace my ff7.exe,
     -set the manager to use the new .exe
     -disable "The reunion menu overhaul" since it also uses it's own exe, which I was previously using. 
     -replace old version of 1.5 with the new version in my load order

-Stat balancing seems inconsistent.  Compare pugilist to shinra turk for example.

-Does luck effect spells?  Options with luck and magic don't seem like they'd be to good.

-The only elemental attribute I haven't figured out is hidden, is that attached to something late game?

-In 1.4 I almost got progression blocked on the boat after Junon because I only had 2 ether, the boss drains mana, and you can't really grind since the merchant doesn't sell tents.  I'll admit though I hadn't yet realized how good osmosis was at that point.  Seemed like he was nerfed for 1.5, or at least the adds didn't spawn, still might not be a bad idea to slightly expand the merchant inventory though.

EDIT:  Osmosis effect seems to be capped at 40mp now.

You're right about the rank-ups, looks like it's the old ones pre-patch. I had a mix-up with the flevel before and used one that didn't have the costa save fix, but didn't realise it was so far back. I'll need to sort those and get them back to the updated ones ASAP s;

The new IRO should work, so long as you set it to run with the modified .exe (I don't think there's any major problems if you don't, just that some of the Materia equip effects, limit descriptions, and item text will seem inconsistent if a default exe is used).

Hidden is used as an opposite to Holy of sorts, with anything relating to Jenova or monsters absorbing it and enemies like the Temple of the Ancients + Weapon enemies being weak to it. You can get it onto weapons/armour using Elemental + any magic materia with no listed element (like status magic).

I'll change the cargo ship inventory to use a more expansive one.

Luck does not affect spells unfortunately; Luck on a pure caster

Edit: Yeah, I've used the old rank-ups instead of the new ones; sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-02 21:54:24 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6645 on: 2018-02-02 23:15:51 »
Sorry about the mix-up, I fixed the flevel with the new intended rank up options

Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6356lofjn6ubbo/NT_1.5_Build_-_2nd_February_2018.zip

IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wljrp2ptvjzot8l/FF7%20NT%20IRO%202nd%20February%202018.zip

For save files that have used the old ranks, the new ones will go right on top with no issues but if you want to correct stats then I recommend using the Black Chocobo save editor to reset sources spent on each character then 'restoring' them based on the new rank options:

Spoiler: show

Cloud
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Shinra Trooper: +10 STR{, }+5 DEX/LCK

Barret
{CHOICE}Marauder: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Vigilante: +10 STR{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}Heavy Metal: +10 VIT{, }+5 STR/MAG
{CHOICE}Techno-Freak: +10 MAG/SPR

Tifa
{CHOICE}Monk: +10 STR{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Pugilist: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Brawler: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Oracle: +10 MAG/SPR

Aeris
{CHOICE}Flowergirl: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}White Mage: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Geomancer: +10 VIT{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk: +10 STR/VIT/LCK

Red XIII
{CHOICE}Cosmo Warrior: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Guard Hound: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Red Mage: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Sample #13: +10 MAG/VIT

Yuffie
{CHOICE}Materia Hunter: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/MAG
{CHOICE}Gil Bandit: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/DEX
{CHOICE}Wutai Shinobi: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Goddamn Punk: +10 STR/VIT

Cait Sith
{CHOICE}Fortune-Teller: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Yeti Pal: +15 STR{, }+5 VIT
{CHOICE}Materia Tank: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/LCK
{CHOICE}Top Cat: +10 DEX{, }+5 STR/LCK

Vincent
{CHOICE}Horror Agent: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Beastmaster: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/LCK
{CHOICE}Berserker: +10 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Shinra Turk: +5 STR/MAG/VIT/DEX

Cid
{CHOICE}Shinra Ace: +10 LCK{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Engineer: +5 STR/VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Wingman: +10 MAG{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Dragoon: +15 DEX{, }+10 STR

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: 2018-02-08 07:47:30 »
hello, first time posting here. I was wondering if the 1.5 iro version is still incompatible with menù overhaul, cause there was a bug in my set up that made the dialogue boxes really small and the text didn't fit in, and MO fixed that problem.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: 2018-02-08 22:39:59 »
hello, first time posting here. I was wondering if the 1.5 iro version is still incompatible with menù overhaul, cause there was a bug in my set up that made the dialogue boxes really small and the text didn't fit in, and MO fixed that problem.

I think it depends what .EXE you use with both mods together, I'm not 100% sure.

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: 2018-02-09 00:47:09 »
It's been a while but I've finally gotten back to this.

So I just picked up the Relic Ring and I just want to be clear on it's attributes (I can't find anything in the files that came with the mod).

Looks like it prevents regen and manipulation, while granting auto-Barrier/M-Barrier. That's all I can tell. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: 2018-02-09 12:48:59 »
I think it blocks or even absorbs Restorative as well. It's best combo'd with a drain HP weapon or some kind of elemental-absorb healing (for instance, absorb fire and use fire attacks to heal the character).