Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3038103 times)

Taroven

• View Profile
I'm sorry, i'm very new to FF, FF modding and the forum in general. What do you mean by the first post?

I have read the first post but the only thing that I can make out of it is that it should work in the steam version.

Are you saying that I should convert the game even though I have the english steam version?

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of helping someone who just bought his first ff game.

I'd recommend installing Hotfix 6 and trying again. Check back a page or two for a download link by DLPB. That fixes a number of issues, including yours.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
you need hot fix 6 installed. see first post on this thread and read part about reunion database

EliParker

• View Profile
After a long while, I was able to install R06 along with the hotfix. Now the controls don't work, and the only key active in game is the Enter Key

Matroska

• View Profile
This might relate to the above post. I reinstalled FF7 earlier, then R06. If I start the game through Steam, I have the newer models and translation but my controller doesn't work. The text is also slightly overlapping so that it's still legible but looks too cluttered. If I open FF7.exe in the root directory, a file that's dated from 1998 rather than 2020 (the date of the new installation files such as FF7_en.exe), then it all works as planned, the controller works and the text is displayed as intended. Is this intentional or is it meant to work fully when running through Steam? If it's not meant to work like this, it occurs to me that several years ago I had the 7th Heaven mod thing installed. I thought this was a totally clean install but maybe there was still some old files in the Steam game directory (one being that exe from 1998) and that's caused this problem. I don't want to reinstall everything if this is how it's meant to work, though.

Dreamer

• View Profile
Ok, I've got everything working I think, but the one issue I can't seem to resolve is the control mapping on my Xbox One controller. I'm using the steam version, and I've applied the hot fix and I've set a controller profile in Big Picture and without the Reunion mod that seems to work fine... But as soon as I install the reunion mod, the button layout goes back to the terrible default layout where confirm is the [X] button (where the [Square] button would be on the PlayStation controller) for some unfathomable reason, and changing the settings in the launcher doesn't seem to affect the modded game. I have even attempted applying a "controller fix" that overwrote the ff7input.cfg file in hopes that would solve the issue, but the buttons remain mapped wrong... Is there a way to remap the buttons manually through the patch? An .ini file I can edit? There doesn't seem to be anything for it under Options.ini in The_Reunion folder... Am I missing something? Googling around only seems to come up with people either offering controller mods or implying Reunion would fix the problem, so I'm kinda out of ideas at this point... Can anyone please help?

damerell

• View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug - Default Run is not working. It is set to "y" in the mod options, but off the world map Cloud only walks unless Run is held. changing Default run and changing it back have had no effect on it.
What you are missing (understandably, since it's only being hinted at rather than just coming out and telling you, God knows why) is that Default Run was removed in R06b.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's in the Reunion Database, which you should be reading.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Ok, I've got everything working I think, but the one issue I can't seem to resolve is the control mapping on my Xbox One controller. I'm using the steam version, and I've applied the hot fix and I've set a controller profile in Big Picture and without the Reunion mod that seems to work fine... But as soon as I install the reunion mod, the button layout goes back to the terrible default layout where confirm is the [X] button (where the [Square] button would be on the PlayStation controller) for some unfathomable reason, and changing the settings in the launcher doesn't seem to affect the modded game. I have even attempted applying a "controller fix" that overwrote the ff7input.cfg file in hopes that would solve the issue, but the buttons remain mapped wrong... Is there a way to remap the buttons manually through the patch? An .ini file I can edit? There doesn't seem to be anything for it under Options.ini in The_Reunion folder... Am I missing something? Googling around only seems to come up with people either offering controller mods or implying Reunion would fix the problem, so I'm kinda out of ideas at this point... Can anyone please help?

Set up the controller in the game's config screen. Main menu > config.  There seem to be a lot of people really struggling to understand that this is how FF7 originally worked.  I'll make it clearer in the next help file. The Steam config and all programming from the Steam version is bypassed.

I'm aware the default controls are crap and will also be looking at updating the config programming.  When that will be - who knows?
« Last Edit: 2020-01-01 14:01:56 by DLPB »

Dreamer

• View Profile
Ah! Thank you so much! I finally got it all working correctly! Sorry for bugging you with an obvious problem... Hopefully my query and your response will make it easier for the next person to find the answer <3

EliParker

• View Profile
@DLPB - I looked at the help doc, and I couldn't find any information. Thanks for the heads up, and now I'm working on getting it to work with my controller via Steam big picture.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
For people who have no numpad (the game uses this by default), please place this in root folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lS2hBBy8KlfllF2xILl1HxocrIB5vbb/view?usp=sharing

It sets main keyboard use.  I'd strongly suggest getting a joypad though... this game really isn't for a keyboard.

goznog

• View Profile
found what I'm pretty sure is a script error in New Translation (should be British English if I remember correctly). double checked database and did not see it. using Hotfix 6.

1. An explanation of the bug - In District 7, Slums early on when Barret kicks some NPCs out of a bar, you can talk to an NPC who asks "You've heard what's happened, right?". Choosing the first option "I'm not interested" makes them say "Oh. I see." and closes the dialogue script. The second option "No, what?" continues the script normally, until the second choice prompt with the same answers appears. Choosing the first "not interested" prompt suddenly closes the dialogue script without any dialogue, while choosing the second "what?" prompt shows the "Oh. I see." dialogue again and closes the script. What should happen, according to the PSX original, is that choosing the second option here will display new dialogue instead of going round back to "Oh. I see."
Source: https://youtu.be/BOUMiEbkZUM?t=1728
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once? - Yep.
3. App.log (found in root folder) - See below link
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder) - See below link
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder) - N/A, haven't crashed
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang - See below link, load 4th file in Save 01 and move to left. screenshot of NPC in script included.

Download to required files in a zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NFHtxHyYnF9ioa96QZtHNm155pNb9ip_

rotschleim

• View Profile
It's in the Reunion Database, which you should be reading.
yeah people seriously, don't ask DLPB any questions. just go read the database. report your bug in as much detail as possible and move on. he doesnt have time to talk to any of us. don't expect a reply unless you want him to toy with you

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I certainly do take time to help when it's not as simple as "it's already answered".  I just spent 10-15 min with Wivesq in discord to solve the issue they were having - but I won't devote time to the same silly questions.  Especially those that are best answered from the main post.  Even when I don't reply, I am taking into account potential problems that need addressing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The only thing holding up R06b now is this:

05-Dec-2019   kaldarasha   Model Overhaul   Text boxes do not appear during the water pool cutscene at The Temple of the Ancients   

I am awaiting Kal's fix. 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
25-Nov-2019   DLPB   60fps Battles (mode 2 / interpolated) ?   Smoke trails are green instead of brownish when running towards enemy/ally in battle.   Cannot replicate as of Hotfix 6. 

and finally:

24-Nov-2019   sylandro   New Translation   At the start of a new game, the menu will show Cloud's Next Level EXP bar extending outside of the Next Level EXP box.   This appears to be a bug in Wallmarket by NFITC1
« Last Edit: 2020-01-02 04:32:36 by DLPB »

GhostCow

• View Profile
Is there any way to manually install other models and textures when using this mod? I want to experience the new translation badly but without a nice graphical overhaul I don't think I could handle playing through this game for the 200th time. The graphical stuff included is nice, but too true to the original for my tastes.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
found what I'm pretty sure is a script error in New Translation (should be British English if I remember correctly). double checked database and did not see it. using Hotfix 6.

1. An explanation of the bug - In District 7, Slums early on when Barret kicks some NPCs out of a bar, you can talk to an NPC who asks "You've heard what's happened, right?". Choosing the first option "I'm not interested" makes them say "Oh. I see." and closes the dialogue script. The second option "No, what?" continues the script normally, until the second choice prompt with the same answers appears. Choosing the first "not interested" prompt suddenly closes the dialogue script without any dialogue, while choosing the second "what?" prompt shows the "Oh. I see." dialogue again and closes the script. What should happen, according to the PSX original, is that choosing the second option here will display new dialogue instead of going round back to "Oh. I see."
Source: https://youtu.be/BOUMiEbkZUM?t=1728
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once? - Yep.
3. App.log (found in root folder) - See below link
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder) - See below link
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder) - N/A, haven't crashed
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang - See below link, load 4th file in Save 01 and move to left. screenshot of NPC in script included.

Download to required files in a zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NFHtxHyYnF9ioa96QZtHNm155pNb9ip_

Probably caused by ts misinterpreting the option vars.  I'll manually sort it ;)  Thanks

Gsalvo

• View Profile
Is is possible to get a link back to R0.5c?  My backup of it is corrupted.

R6 even with hotfix6 makes the game unplayable for me:

- Cannot get it to run at a resolution higher than 640x480.  ini tweaking now prevents windowed over 640x480 and fullscreen is impossible. Solved. fat-fingered the Y-axis
- Cant use a controller aside from the left thumbstick.  I read back and saw that it brings it to the numberpad from the 1998 version.....but I dont get it; why break something that is already fixed?
- Cannot view my saved games.  at all.  (using Steam version)(still in the same location).

Haven't put in effort past this point.

Simply changing
[OVERRIDE]
Disable_The_Reunion = y

Crashes the game on launch.  I have to now reinstall the game.  Forgot that 15FPS all the times gives me a headache.  Hoping for a solution.

Can I get R5c back, please.  It was perfectly workable yesterday.

P.S. Log files do not show any errors.  Is there anything else I can transcribe that would help?
P.S.S. I only went back 20~ish pages looking for similar problems and the "custom search" lead to other forums instead.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-02 16:43:01 by Gsalvo »

Zaeri

• View Profile
Honestly, assuming there isn't a bug - it's this easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYqeFlQY8A8

What were you doing that it took 2 hours? [also note after 2 failed attempts the accuracy needed is much reduced]  I am asking this as a serious question, because you were doing something very wrong or there is a bug.

You have to enter from the rear as he tells you and reach the correct spot.

Honestly, I can't really recreate what was taking me two hours anymore so I'll just put it down to me being impressively bad at it. I think most of what was happening was I was swinging around way too far behind the line to overcompensate for the collision-based failures I was getting earlier, and missing my window entirely.

Excited for 06b. If it's that soon, I'll probably just hold off so I can leave Cid's house without switching translations (unless Hotfix 6 fixes that, but I get the impression that's only for party order control issues).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Is is possible to get a link back to R0.5c?  My backup of it is corrupted.

R6 even with hotfix6 makes the game unplayable for me:

- Cannot get it to run at a resolution higher than 640x480.  ini tweaking now prevents windowed over 640x480 and fullscreen is impossible. Solved. fat-fingered the Y-axis
- Cant use a controller aside from the left thumbstick.  I read back and saw that it brings it to the numberpad from the 1998 version.....but I dont get it; why break something that is already fixed?
- Cannot view my saved games.  at all.  (using Steam version)(still in the same location).

Haven't put in effort past this point.

Simply changing
[OVERRIDE]
Disable_The_Reunion = y

Crashes the game on launch.  I have to now reinstall the game.  Forgot that 15FPS all the times gives me a headache.  Hoping for a solution.

Can I get R5c back, please.  It was perfectly workable yesterday.

P.S. Log files do not show any errors.  Is there anything else I can transcribe that would help?
P.S.S. I only went back 20~ish pages looking for similar problems and the "custom search" lead to other forums instead.

Read the first post.  Read the help file.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-03 20:13:13 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Is there any way to manually install other models and textures when using this mod? I want to experience the new translation badly but without a nice graphical overhaul I don't think I could handle playing through this game for the 200th time. The graphical stuff included is nice, but too true to the original for my tastes.

Yup.  Not sure how well I documented it in the help file, but the video here kinda shows you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CnVJk30cw

I'll need to make a better tutorial in time.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-03 21:40:24 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
04.Jan.2019   7000   Core (Aali.dll)   Certain magic textures are not being loaded.   UNDER INVESTIGATION

Timber

• View Profile
Some dialogue oddities that I noticed:

-In the Kalm Inn, after the flashback is finished, Cloud says 'Oh boy' twice in a row. May depend on which dialogue option you pick when talking to Barrett.

-Priscilla gives you a gift and says it's an 'ocean amulet', but it's the Shiva materia, doesn't make much sense to me. Water and Ice are separate elements in FF7. Also not sure why a materia is described as an amulet, but that was the case in original translation too.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure the Shiva Materia is inside the amulet she gives you. At least that is how I always interpretted the situation. :)