Author Topic: Error message during install:  (Read 2741 times)

DarkXerox

Error message during install:
« on: 2007-07-21 04:27:11 »
Well I'm installing my old (but legal) copy of FF7 that I found in my CD rack at home.  I played the game about 3 years ago in XP but for some reason I can't get it to install this time.  I get a "an error occurred during the move data process - 113" message once I get past the selection of a folder to install into process.

Any ideas?  I tried making a shortcut to the install program on the CD and using compatability mode (win 95 and 98/Me).

I'm running windows XP SP2.

Thanks!

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: Error message during install:
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-21 04:40:01 »
Check to see if the CD is good.
For example, try just copying all of the files off of the CD to your hard drive — any errors?

DarkXerox

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-21 04:55:31 »
k ill try that right now

- Edit -
well all the files except the ff7.exe went over from the install cd, says its write protected or something.  Can anyone send me the working file?

- Edit 2 -
well i ran the install in safe mode and it worked, but now im getting the error message from AVG antivrius saying FF7.exe is a virus.  Even when I disable AVG it still is coming up weird.  I guess even hitting "ignore" on avg doesnt work.

Mod Edit: Do not triple-post.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-21 13:03:33 by Alhexx »

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-21 14:44:12 »
Someone else ran into this problem lately.  I believe if you get the ff7.exe from the 1.02 patch (links in the FAQ), AVG will be fine with it.

DarkXerox

« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-23 06:31:13 »
yeah it was kind of interesting, AVG gets pretty ticked off at that file, even when it's on the CD.  You pretty much have to install in safe mode if you're running AVG, otherwise it won't allow the game to install, even if you disable AVG at startup.