Author Topic: Trying to convert the Rufus field model to Cloud - doesn't work?  (Read 4133 times)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Hello, when converting the Rufus Alad-model to Clouds model - the model for Cloud/Rufus also becomes a bugged version of the Cloud-model. When adding the Rufus-files again - the Rufus npc becomes a bugged version of the npc Rufus.

Before i added the Cloud files however, the NPC Rufus model worked fine together with the playable Rufus model - but somehow i can't add the Cloud-Rufus without also changing the other model?

They seem to share some .p files? How can i avoid turning both models into different ones?

mr_nygren

• View Profile
It seems very odd to me - the Rufus and Cloud models are totally different in the base-game, and the names of files are different - yet they are connected when trying to replace the Rufus-one.. Any ideas?

mr_nygren

• View Profile

Any ideas as to why this happens? The glitched Cloud is supposed to be Rufus Shinra..

In the old Turks mod they succeeded in turning NPC-Rufus into turk-Vincent. Why would Cloud be any different?

It's like the game can't handle a Cloud-model without also applying it to the player..

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Are all files really different? Without to see the files my guess is that (now it starts to get confusing) the Rufus model (which you control) has the same rsd and p files as the Cloud-Rufus-replacer you made.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
I doublechecked the .p-files and they have the Rufus-names.

But the RSD-file i am not sure - what does it do?

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Are all files really different? Without to see the files my guess is that (now it starts to get confusing) the Rufus model (which you control) has the same rsd and p files as the Cloud-Rufus-replacer you made.

Ah, now i do know where the problem was. The Turks mod used the Rufus file-names for the .p-files instead of the Cloud ones - which made them the same as my new Cloud-Rufus.. Will have to change this asap. Thanks =)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
It was more troublesome than i thought - as i have never modified FF7 using notepad before!

But as i am quite used to modding Medieval II i immediately recognized the format. I had to first change all the entries in the HRC-file to from AL to AA, then change the information in the individual RSD-files so that they could connect to the .P-files as well - and finally i had to change the name of all the .p-files from al to aa.

Then the texture were the same so i had to add a unique entry for Cloud there as well. But now it works!  :D