Author Topic: [FF7] Windowed Mode - FF7w (2.0.0.5)  (Read 66960 times)

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
[FF7] Windowed Mode - FF7w (2.0.0.5)
« on: 2005-02-05 03:53:11 »
Renamed the project, comes with lots of new things for you to enjoy :D

This version doesnt work on Windows 9x (95, 98, Me) if someone wants to make a custom DLL loader for Windows 9x please contact me for more information. Also this only supports the english version + patch 1.02 of the game. If you have Ficedula's FF7-windowed patch applied I highly suggest you to restore the file to it's original form (optional) or get a fresh copy from http://rpghaven.uni.cc/goldfinger/ff7/ff7102zx.zip . You must put all files in your FF7 install dir.

Update: If you have 2.00 update all your files to 2.0.0.5!

This DOESN'T work with Windows 95/98/Me

Features

• Chocobo Crash Patch
    • Fixes the Crash on the Chocobo Races on NT based systems.
    • Found & developed by jedwin full credit goes to him.
    • http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~jedwin/ff7/[/list:u]
    • FF7 Window Patch
      • Allows FF7 to run in Window Mode.
      • Developed by Ficedula full credit goes to him.
      • http://ficedula.cjb.net[/list:u]
      • FF7w+
        • Sets "Final Fantasy VII" as the caption for the FF7 window.
        • Adds borders & caption to the FF7 window.
        • Centers FF7 window on startup.
        • Disables the Screensaver during Gameplay.
        • Forces FF7 window to be "Always on Top". (Optional)
        • Enables the Cursor on FF7's window
        • Fixes the "ALT+TAB" problem (regain control after ALT+TAB)[/list:u]
        • Cheat Plugin
          • MP Plugin
            • Nulls the MP penalty in Battles.
            • Enable/Disable with 1 (Not in the NumPad)[/list:u]
            • Damage Plugin
              • Nulls the damage recieved on Battles.
              • Disables healing on Enemys.
              • Enable/Disable with 2 (Not in the NumPad)[/list:u]
              • Save Anywhere Patch
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 18:31:03 by Covarr »

Chesso

• View Profile
FF7w Download (update from FF7win)
« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-05 06:08:14 »
Nice!

Say why doesnt it support 9x? anything specific like win32 api calls etc. If it's not a ton of trouble i could probably whip something up in delphi though im relitavly new to dynamic link library's(havent had much use for them).

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #2 on: 2005-02-05 06:15:41 »
Well yeah, you need to write a DLL loader for 9X, in NT you can easily achieve that with CreateRemoteThread, but that doesn't work in 9X and I am to lazy to write something for that. If you are still up for the job PM so I can fill you up with the details. You only need to write a Custom "NTD3Loader.dll" that works in 9X, everything else is Platform Independent.

Download the file again, if you are experiencing some odd behavior with the Cheat Plugin.

MOD EDIT: Don't double-post.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-02-06 06:00:01 »
Question:

Can you make it run in 16-bit color instead of relying on the desktop's default color depth?  So i don't have to keep switching it just to play?  Cuz i don't want stripes in the fmvs, and i like my icons being pretty and in full color if i have to look at 'em behind a windowed game!

I dunno =/  Possible?  PWEEAASE?

EDIT: LOTS of bugs: Some backgrounds don't show up, or appear funky.  For instance, when Cloud hands over the black materia, the background is pitch black.  In rocket town, the far background gets ultra-pixelized depending on where you are, but then reverts to normal once you get close to it.

And now i have wierd horizontal scanlines, and some of the fmvs now look like they're in 8-bit color isntead of 16, even after i uninstalled the thing =/

Also, cannot ALT TAB/mouseclick back INTO the game.  Kinda kills the whole point of windowed mode, eh?

FireKingX

« Reply #4 on: 2005-02-06 06:25:04 »
All I want is better res  :weep:

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #5 on: 2005-02-06 16:42:18 »
1. May be possible I'll think about it :D
2. The pixels & funky bg are your card's fault not FF7w since it doesnt mess with the graphic engine nor graphics for that matter.
3. Don't Alt+tab press Ctrl+Esc, you will be able to Multi task without losing controls. Also I thought that most of you used a Gamepad!

And now i have wierd horizontal scanlines, and some of the fmvs now look like they're in 8-bit color isntead of 16, even after i uninstalled the thing =/

Ok.. that's bullshit.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-02-06 20:53:37 »
No, seriously, the movies look worse.  For example, the one where you take the tram up to the gold saucer; aside from some grainyness, i never really noticed a visual difference.  After using the patch, there's suddenly ugly brown blocks all over the back of the thing.  I know the movie file wasn't messed with, because i took a fresh copy off the disk.  In winamp everything looks fine.  The opening movie looks worse even, too: there were green block patterns popping up all over, where there weren't any before (dark gray, maybe, but not green!).

Also, the "horisontal bar" was more of a passing distortion, akin to a scanline.  Could be my video card having a headache for some reason =/

Is anyone else getting wierdness like this?

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-02-06 22:53:41 »
The green blocks thing sounds like a weird codec problem, install any new codecs recently? Might have just been a coincidence....

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #8 on: 2005-02-06 23:00:36 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
No, seriously, the movies look worse.  For example, the one where you take the tram up to the gold saucer; aside from some grainyness, i never really noticed a visual difference.  After using the patch, there's suddenly ugly brown blocks all over the back of the thing.  I know the movie file wasn't messed with, because i took a fresh copy off the disk.  In winamp everything looks fine.  The opening movie looks worse even, too: there were green block patterns popping up all over, where there weren't any before (dark gray, maybe, but not green!).

Also, the "horisontal bar" was more of a passing distortion, akin to a scanline.  Could be my video card having a headache for some reason =/

Is anyone else getting wierdness like this?

Look even if was the patch, all FF7w "changes" are performed on runtime that means that the patches are not permanent, so you can decide when and how you want FF7 to be changed everytime, you dont even need to delete FF7w to "remove the changes", just dont run FF7 with FF7w, 'cuz my program does not edit the any file in any way, all changes are performed in memory every time you run the game.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-02-06 23:21:02 »
I don't THINK i've installed any new codecs, unless something came with HL2 that i wasn't aware of.  However, i even reinstalled the "movie player", and that didnt do squat.  Mebbe I'll retry the USD moviepatch, see what that does...

But ok Bulk, I'm convinced.  I just thought maybe the overlay was different or -SOMETHING-.  I really don't beleive in coincidence.  I'm not accusing you of anything, btw.  It's just, i played ff7 the other day, everything was fine.  Tried the patch, and things got messy.  Now, without knowing how the patch worked, you'd make the same assumption that I did.  So, please don't take this personally; i was only trying to HELP by reporting what i thought was a bug.

But mweh, WHATEVER happened, this gives me the excuse i've been looking for to dl the playstation fmvs and use those instead >=D

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #10 on: 2005-02-06 23:42:37 »
That's ok I don't take your post personally, it's just that you implied that FF7w messed with your configuration & FF7 files even after "uninstalling" it, which as I posted is impossible just wanted to clarify that. On the other hand all feedback is appreciated. :D

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-02-06 23:55:40 »
maybe you can add a hotkey option to turn off the Cheat Plugin

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #12 on: 2005-02-07 00:21:08 »
I will but I want to trace back the "Text" fxn to show "Cheat Plugin Disabled" in the FF7 window 8) , also I was finally able to force a cursor, but as I suspected clicking is disabled... :(

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #13 on: 2005-02-07 01:30:42 »
No it isn't. Mouse events are just ignored by the assigned handler function. You could write your own handler function and replace the function pointer FF7 uses to handle mouse messages to do whatever click handling you wish.

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #14 on: 2005-02-07 01:53:34 »
I see. I am still trying to figure out why it gets all clicks from all the screen even in Window mode. :-?

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-02-07 18:28:11 »
by the way ur ff7 win is cool for some reason when i run my videos are fine in 32 bit colour depth and the battle swirls are ok.  :D

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #16 on: 2005-02-07 19:15:33 »
Wow, that's nice! :D

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-02-07 19:22:35 »
Quote from: iceydamo
by the way ur ff7 win is cool for some reason when i run my videos are fine in 32 bit colour depth and the battle swirls are ok.  :D

same me, i run my video in 32-bit true color, and it running fine with movie and the battle swirls too

FireKingX

« Reply #18 on: 2005-02-07 19:55:02 »
Sadly I can't change resolution no one working on this?

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #19 on: 2005-02-07 22:04:08 »
Quote from: FireKingX

What 'da "fudge" you are talking about? 800 x 600 ? Or sumthin' like that?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-02-07 22:30:50 »

You need to be more specific are you talking about your desktop screen resolution or the game's resolution? If the latter then you'll have a direct draw area that's blank consisting of your 'increased' resolution area with a smaller section having the game graphics in it. The other posibility is you could have a really messy looking screen that's looks like the game image is all twisted about.

Cyb

pitfrog

« Reply #21 on: 2005-02-08 07:24:09 »
bulk, doesnt u happen to have a cheat plugin dll with just the save anywhere, without the other things that make u invul???

FireKingX

« Reply #22 on: 2005-02-08 07:42:18 »
Quote from: bulk_4me

Yes anything higher than 640. It looks pixellated on my comp :(

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #23 on: 2005-02-08 12:52:17 »
Quote from: pitfrog
bulk, doesnt u happen to have a cheat plugin dll with just the save anywhere, without the other things that make u invul???

Yeah, I will add Enable/Disable options next build.
Quote from: bulk_4me

Yes anything higher than 640. It looks pixellated on my comp :(

Then use 320..

FireKingX

« Reply #24 on: 2005-02-08 15:18:36 »
LOL 320 brings it to ultra crappy pixellation. Damn too bad I can't change monitor settings :(

MODERATOR NOTE: This topic is locked because people keep reviving it.  It's too old, folks!  Make a new topic.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-16 12:03:30 by Aaron »