Author Topic: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)  (Read 398753 times)

Trunks

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #275 on: 2019-08-30 15:11:04 »
Hi, I want to ask one thing: why is not possible to change amarant with blank, eiko with marcus and quina with cinna? which is the meaning of "display as ...", if it doesn't make anything?

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2019-09-15 03:44:34 »
Feature request:
Friendly Monster encounters (Steam version).

Don't even need the ability to edit them just to see which we've encountered, and which we haven't.

I found this info on a different forum, not sure if this will help you find the bits to edit or not:
The data is stored in your save files, which is usually in your "Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy IX" folder (it's not the game's folder). It's a .sav file.

But it's not very easy to grasp that information...
The file is compressed. Once uncompressed, it's a Json file with different fields. The field "gEventGlobal" is a snapshot of the different important variables (those that are saved in save files at least). "gEventGlobal" consists of 2048 bytes. The Friendly Monster flags are the 194th byte.

The Summon flags are the 207th byte, so if you know where it is (through "on the fly" RAM viewer, like CheatEngine), the Friendly Monster flags are a bit before that.

I would be you, I would try to find the others first. 100% certainty is hardly a thing unfortunatly ^^'
On my game, my save is a .dat file, and I don't know how to uncompress it to json form to try and check manually...
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 08:40:52 by edale »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #277 on: 2019-09-15 19:27:05 »
Hi, I want to ask one thing: why is not possible to change amarant with blank, eiko with marcus and quina with cinna? which is the meaning of "display as ...", if it doesn't make anything?

There were plans to make them changeable, ie actually make Quina -> Cinna, but I never found the data for it. As a placeholder I had the "display as..." which does exactly what it says. The thing is that these characters share the same slots, the same data, within the saves.

@edable Hopefully, someday, I can actually work on this again. It's not that I don't want to, but I work all week 8+ hours a day with programming, so the 1st thing I do when I'm off work is not more programming haha. But I do the occasional update. </excuse>

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2019-09-15 19:39:53 »
@edable Hopefully, someday, I can actually work on this again. It's not that I don't want to, but I work all week 8+ hours a day with programming, so the 1st thing I do when I'm off work is not more programming haha. But I do the occasional update. </excuse>
Oh, no worries; personal lives come before personal projects. ;) I'm still gonna be trying to figure something out myself though, as my current playthrough's at kinda a standstill until I find what one I'm missing...

Do you know how I can decrypt the .dat file to it's .json form? There was a steam version save decrypter earlier in the thread, but it didn't exactly give me .json formatted results... Just getting it to json form should be enough for me to find the info I need, given the info in the quote I posted.
https://mega.nz/#!jJRyySjB!gXlvRpc3NMy9tgVhguNxtdxiLrifUwYSqy5MfB5VmkI
That's a zip with both my save file and what the decrypter gave me.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 21:47:40 by edale »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #279 on: 2019-09-15 22:03:15 »
You can export/import decrypted formats with memoria too. As exactly how it's done, or if the data is compressed as well, I have to take a look.

Edit: That is, you get the same decrypted file as the one you linked too by right clicking a save and export it.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2019-09-15 23:04:25 »
You can export/import decrypted formats with memoria too. As exactly how it's done, or if the data is compressed as well, I have to take a look.

Edit: That is, you get the same decrypted file as the one you linked too by right clicking a save and export it.
That... doesn't look like json to me.... and that online json editor you linked to a few pasts back agrees...

Crap.

Guess it's time for a second run of an hour at each location the friendly monsters show up at, only to have none of them show up, and Yan tell me I need to find the others....

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #281 on: 2019-09-16 00:12:17 »
No it's not json in those files. I just specified that you can extract the decrypted file directly from memoria. I know they use json format somewhere in the process, if I'm not mistaken, but, as I said, I'll have to look into it.

Trunks

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2019-09-16 13:59:55 »
There were plans to make them changeable, ie actually make Quina -> Cinna, but I never found the data for it. As a placeholder I had the "display as..." which does exactly what it says. The thing is that these characters share the same slots, the same data, within the saves.

so, there is no solution, right? too bad...

Dolben

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2019-11-18 23:10:54 »
Hello, i started using this save editor and i have a few questions. First of all thanks for the work it is really great.

So i cant edit the bonus attributes in steam version (Something about 2016 version), but i can still edit the levels back to 1, does that mean the bonus points also restart ? The ones you gain when you level up throug your equipment.

Is there a way to edit the bonus attributes ? Or its something will happen on future updates ?

Khane

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2020-02-03 15:59:59 »
Is there a way to fix the characters names with this?, after I edited my save all my names were doubled (ZidaneZidane etc) but changing them in the editor doesn't seem to fix it properly.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #285 on: 2020-02-08 11:12:36 »
Oh, I dindn't know about that. I'll probably have time to look at it on monday, if not hopefully some time next week.

Is there a way to fix the characters names with this?, after I edited my save all my names were doubled (ZidaneZidane etc) but changing them in the editor doesn't seem to fix it properly.

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this. Are you playing on steam, and do you remember what you changed?
« Last Edit: 2020-02-10 12:07:43 by gjoerulv »

lMRlAsura

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2020-02-29 23:58:22 »
Good night.

Will you make a proper skill list for the characters on the save editor instead of numbers in the future?

Mr.FFs

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2020-04-26 07:52:29 »
@gjoerulv Link for lastest version is not working anymore, any chance you could update it pls ?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #288 on: 2020-04-26 12:23:25 »
Sorry, the gjoerulv.com is down. I moved it to another host (but it doesn't seem to be working).

The newest version is in the main download link, the big fat one. The other one was a mirror link, just in case. It's the same version.

CherenTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2020-05-03 06:42:49 »
I'm having an issue. When I launch it, I get the splash screen for a split second, and then it just becomes a title bar. Maximize is greyed out.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #290 on: 2020-05-04 14:00:29 »
You can't resize it by dragging the edge? Alt you can try holding windows key and use the arrow keys. Example: Hold windows key then tap right. This should adjust windows to the right. Assuming you're on windows 7-10.

diguterra

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2020-05-06 18:16:36 »
I have a problem with duplicate name (such as ZidaneZidane, ViviVivi, DaggerDagger) that even modifying by the save editor does not change in the game.

TigerKing

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2020-05-08 00:27:17 »
Hi, I just want to say thanks for making such an amazing program.

I have run into an issue. So I'm trying to edit a save from the IOS version.

I use iCloud to transfer my save to an old iphone.
From there I extract the save off the old iphone onto my PC using iexplorer (as well as a number of other programs).
I edit the file, save, transfer it back to the old iphone, everything seems great.
I then test the save on my old iphone and its as if nothing has been edited.
I've even tried extracting again and all my edits are there, its just when I load it on my iphone its still unedited, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong, any help?

runeblade

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2020-05-11 22:14:29 »
Anyone have any luck using Memoria for PS4 save files? For the life of me, I can't get memoria to recognize it. (formatting looks like straight JSON) Any tips?

In case anyone wants to take a stab at it, I have 2 save files here, both at the very first save spot, one un-altered and the other modified with the cheats built-in to Save Wizard for PS4 (max)
(Cheats enabled: max stats for all characters, All items, 100 dragons killed, 100 frogs captured, 99 magic stones, 100 successful steals, never escaped, never summoned, low game time)
Obviously, I'd rather use memoria over the built-in cheats.

https://mega.nz/file/aLpFRLxS#v8JtHsiaemnjwV6IR5CG-9cMhZ00_KPv9WbZw-sqP8c

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #294 on: 2020-05-12 16:09:44 »
Sorry for late reply, I'll try to look into these.

I believe I've seen the error about the names reported before but not been able to reproduce.

On the IOS thing, I'm not sure what to say. Make sure to select the right file and remember to save. Keep in mid that the preview isn't updated.

I can't remember atm the PS4 format, but if the files are pure Json, they should be super easy to edit with notepad++ or something similar.

I've meant for a while now to take a new look at Memoria again, as there have been some new development, but time won't cooperate. It's on my list for sure.

TigerKing

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2020-05-14 02:01:31 »
Sorry for late reply, I'll try to look into these.

I believe I've seen the error about the names reported before but not been able to reproduce.

On the IOS thing, I'm not sure what to say. Make sure to select the right file and remember to save. Keep in mid that the preview isn't updated.

I can't remember atm the PS4 format, but if the files are pure Json, they should be super easy to edit with notepad++ or something similar.

I've meant for a while now to take a new look at Memoria again, as there have been some new development, but time won't cooperate. It's on my list for sure.
I feel so stupid, that was indeed the issue, thank you so much!
To think I spent hours editing and extracting, haha. The reason I didn't check the actual file is because my old iphone can barely run the game at all, I just use it to get my data to iCloud.

Deus

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2020-05-28 01:56:17 »
@gjoerulv
every one says that the save is on %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY IX\Steam\EncryptedSavedData\
but not for me
i got it and play it from MS store and found the savegame for it.   
the bad thing is  that there is no compatible save editor for it.

at the moment i edit it with notepad what is rly.....

maybe you will find a way to make that save compatible with your editor, what really would be nice.

if you want to take alook on that save, i share it,  if not it is okey to then i stay on my notepad editing skills. 

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #297 on: 2020-06-13 09:15:50 »
character names is buggy when you edit their names. Best way to handle changing names is going to daguero in disk 4

Phantasm

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2020-07-08 20:45:26 »
@gjoerulv: man could you add an option to know what friendly monsters do u have and an option to add ozma? even if you killed him already. Thanks in advance, i love your save editor  :D

Ichisuke

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2020-08-16 17:59:11 »
Cannot change disc in latest version. Using a raw save file obtain via ulaunchelf with a PS2. Trying to set disc 3 from disc 4. Memoria show that the disc has been changed to disc 3 but when I'm loading the game it still show disc 4 and after loading the save it asks for disc 4. I've maxed out all the values and that works ok...
Maybe I have to use an older version?