Author Topic: [FF8PC-2013 + Remastered-2019] HorizonPack: Remastered - World Texture Overhaul  (Read 278493 times)

Infin1tyZer0

• View Profile
Do you happen to know which texture folder the transpart one is in? thank you for your help

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Here is what my overworld looks like at the very beginning of disc 3, right before going to the orphanage to see Edea.

All that reverted? Dang... Well, more for me to hunt and add!

You'll find the Garden in the "ve" folder, I think.

Infin1tyZer0

• View Profile
I see the balgarden under the "ve" folder but i only have 2 .png in there and neither of them have the transparent one.  Both show the black border?  Am I missing textures?

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I see the balgarden under the "ve" folder but i only have 2 .png in there and neither of them have the transparent one.  Both show the black border?  Am I missing textures?

Really? Maybe I have leftovers from when I was testing out the mod... So, basically, Mcindus will have to update it. :P As will I on the hashcode front.

quve

• View Profile
Coming out of nowhere to post this vehicle garden texture to fix the missing transparency issue for now! :D
I sharpened some of the edges too, but nothing too drastic. I just got a little carried away and can't find the original
Spoiler: show
textures/ve/vehicle_balgarden/

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Coming out of nowhere to post this vehicle garden texture to fix the missing transparency issue for now! :D
I sharpened some of the edges too, but nothing too drastic. I just got a little carried away and can't find the original
Spoiler: show
textures/ve/vehicle_balgarden/

Looks great!  I have one hiding around here somewhere.... I just keep forgetting to update the mod.  Hard to want to update the mod for only one fix, though lol.... Thanks for this!

Crestian

• View Profile
I made this if anyone wants it.
just replace whatevers in your ve/vehicle_balgarden folder with this one.

Texture file- https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1z7s5epvxfbir3/vehicle_balgarden_13.png?dl=0

« Last Edit: 2017-07-16 03:50:43 by Crestian »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Amazing!!!! I will add it and update the release asap!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Thanks Quve, Crestian, and McIndus :)

Godlift

• View Profile
Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my World Map Textures.

https://imgur.com/a/MSPlQ - This is what all the forests in my world map look like. I have used the uv patcher.

Is there a fix for this? What might have I done wrong during the modding process?

EDIT: So in the launcher turning off linear filtering fixes this issue. There is a slight flash that lasts a millisecond of a white line in the forests and sometimes the ground. This flash is in the same spots the huge white line in my picture was im assuming this is normal but just want to ask here and make sure.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-18 00:51:43 by Godlift »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my World Map Textures.

https://imgur.com/a/MSPlQ - This is what all the forests in my world map look like. I have used the uv patcher.

Is there a fix for this? What might have I done wrong during the modding process?

EDIT: So in the launcher turning off linear filtering fixes this issue. There is a slight flash that lasts a millisecond of a white line in the forests and sometimes the ground. This flash is in the same spots the huge white line in my picture was im assuming this is normal but just want to ask here and make sure.

Yeah, actually there are a lot less glitches like this using the UV patcher and linear filtering turned off.  If you play the game without the UV patcher, things look... bad.  This 'flash' may be the game loading the new texture/fixing UV?  not sure... you should try putting the /textures folder on a SSD and directing tonberry to that folder using the prefs.txt file in /tonberry

Godlift

• View Profile
Yeah, actually there are a lot less glitches like this using the UV patcher and linear filtering turned off.  If you play the game without the UV patcher, things look... bad.  This 'flash' may be the game loading the new texture/fixing UV?  not sure... you should try putting the /textures folder on a SSD and directing tonberry to that folder using the prefs.txt file in /tonberry

Awesome I already have my game on an ssd so it looks like what im experiencing is normal, I noticed the same thing on other modders games on youtube after posting so I am relieved knowing that its normal and not some mistake I made. Before turning off the filtering it was really bad but since turning it off the small flashes every now and then as the new textures are loaded are not a problem.

Thanks again for all your hard work on these mods and thank you for helping me out with my questions!

Mika_Chan

• View Profile
For me this mod causes very slow fps , somebody know the reason ? or how i can return to original world map ?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Make sure you're using the latest version of Tonberry and try to increase your cache size in prefs.txt.  Might also help if you don't have any other monitoring apps open that use DirectX.  The only -real- lag I get is sometimes when the train is whizzing by - this is because of the replacement of the animation sprites.  Things might go faster if you get rid of the files for the overworld train.

Mika_Chan

• View Profile
Make sure you're using the latest version of Tonberry and try to increase your cache size in prefs.txt.  Might also help if you don't have any other monitoring apps open that use DirectX.  The only -real- lag I get is sometimes when the train is whizzing by - this is because of the replacement of the animation sprites.  Things might go faster if you get rid of the files for the overworld train.

How i do to increase the cache and in wich folder is the prefs.txt. ? in very noob about this things .. lol :oops: how much cache i should put ?
and and how i get rif the file of the overworld train ?

PD: I made it increase the cache to 350 ( i dont know if is dangerous or not but seems little less lag now i hope nothing explodes lol )
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 20:30:12 by Mika_Chan »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
How i do to increase the cache and in wich folder is the prefs.txt. ? in very noob about this things .. lol :oops: how much cache i should put ?
and and how i get rif the file of the overworld train ?

PD: I made it increase the cache to 350 ( i dont know if is dangerous or not but seems little less lag now i hope nothing explodes lol )

You can use a memory extender to prevent crashes with a large cache... i forget which one most people use.  Also, the faster your HDD, the less lag you'll get. you should try it on a SSD.  very fast.

CYRU5

• View Profile
Excuse me for bringing the topic back to life but this is getting on my nerves ...

No matter what I do I cannot get the mod to work, even tried on a clean installation of the game (ES version) with the same results, even tried it along with Maki's UV Texture Patch with the same result, Maki's patch worked flawlesly but nothing seemed to change with the Horizon mod.

Clean installation of the game, Tonberry Enhanced 2.04 (tried with and without Tonberry 1.3 Hashmaps), copied both folders to textures folder and the hashmap to hashmaps folder; what can I do to get it working? (W10 x64 Fall Creators Update)

Thanks guys, honestly I don´t know what else to do ...

EDIT: Only thing that seems to work are the redesigned maps, rounded, small and the big one
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 02:54:27 by CYRU5 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Can you show me some screenshots of before/after?  To disable the mods, just rename the textures folder to textures0 or something like that and run the game (you can still use the ultra launcher to enable the UV fix, but it's up to you)

CYRU5

• View Profile
Can you show me some screenshots of before/after?  To disable the mods, just rename the textures folder to textures0 or something like that and run the game (you can still use the ultra launcher to enable the UV fix, but it's up to you)
Believe it or not I fixed it by playing around with the Tonberry files, I think it had to be with hash1map.csv, hash2map.csv, collisions.csv or objfile.csv ... I overwritten one of those files and magically it started working, maybe one of those files was outdated or something like that or I had a mix of an old version of Tonberry files mixed with the newer ones, THANKS A LOT for your interest!!!

Luckly it's working flawlessly now, great mod!!!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Believe it or not I fixed it by playing around with the Tonberry files, I think it had to be with hash1map.csv, hash2map.csv, collisions.csv or objfile.csv ... I overwritten one of those files and magically it started working, maybe one of those files was outdated or something like that or I had a mix of an old version of Tonberry files mixed with the newer ones, THANKS A LOT for your interest!!!

Luckly it's working flawlessly now, great mod!!!

Thanks!!!  One thing to note -- hash1map.csv is outdated and will probably cause a bunch of collisions along the way -- try to dump that file completely :)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
i had a go at some tweaks a couple months ago... been focused on gameplay modding recently... but i got asked to share this anyway for now as is in case anyone wants to try out...
FF8_-_Better_Balamb_-_World_Map_Tweaks
https://megaupload.nz/o5s9o4f1bf/FF8_-_Better_Balamb_-_World_Map_Tweaks_-_V1.rar

ariksu

• View Profile
Same as with Hellfire mod, download of Horizon via ad.fly is blocked by Yandex. Can someone provide files?

Upd: managed to bypass ad.fly with extension, here is direct link https://mega.nz/#!npwxBRxB!TxeyFC9d3o20thavseXfsladOmpzh35_z9xN8-p7Gjo
« Last Edit: 2019-02-17 18:53:18 by ariksu »

SεphirothGR

• View Profile
Great Work here!!! i have a question. On youtube you upload a video where the world texts is improved such as the trees of the forests.
How you do that? I mean did you use another mod , cause with horizon i cannot take these results..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-RJUWuAydQ
Thanks anyway

Perfect Zell

• View Profile
I noticed some UV glitches in the Trabia Garden area. I did use the UV patcher. Also, the forests revert, after opening the menu.

« Last Edit: 2019-03-10 04:48:44 by Perfect Zell »

dph

• View Profile
I'm having problems with the world map (globe and translucent) reverting after battles as well as the Balamb Garden (mobile) texture reverting after battles.  So far with the world maps, it reverted after random battles with Fastatocilon-F on Balamb beaches in Disk 1 (not every battle with them, just random ones) and Mesmerize and Snow Lion near Shumi Village in Disk 2.  The Balamb Garden texture has reverted after battles with Mesmerize as well outside of Shumi Village, but did stay the same after my battle with Snow Lion.  Also I watched the Youtube video above and for some reason my forests have never looked like what was shown. 
Current Version:
Horizon Pack 3.0
Tonberry 2.04
FFVIII on Steam